Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Exclamation Jillian Micheals 30 day shred????? help

I have just gettin this to try as im told it is good. what is the idea of it?
Is it HIIT?

And how many of you have used it and what results did you see?

Also is they idea to do it every day for 30days ?

Last edited by lucky8; 12-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #2  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

It's very intense. I started at level 2 because I was already fairly fit and it's a very good workout. The idea is you do 3 circuits that incorporate strength, cardio and ab work. It takes about 30 minutes with warm up and cool down. You'll see improvements really quickly and you'll sweat, haha.

I never did mine every day, but because it was so short I didn't do it every other day either. I aimed for 4-5 days a week.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #3  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

I actually just started it today! My legs are like spaghetti, and I genuinely feel worked out after the 25 minutes the whole thing takes. Can't wait to keep doing it, since just when you think it's getting impossibly hard, you realize it's almost over.

Good luck!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I just did mine last night at 10 pm. I just did level 1 and it was still really intense for me. It's pretty old school with jumping jacks, squats, crunches, that sort of a thing, but I do think it's effective. I already worked out in the morning, so it was my second workout of the day, which made it more challenging. Overall, I think it's a good one.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Okay so how do you know when to move up the levels?

im just interested in what the 30day shred means?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #6  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

The idea, I guess, is that you can get 'shredded' in 30 days (which I guess means buff?). It's 3 levels, and when you are comfortable in the level 1 workout, you move to 2, then to 3. I know people who are ok with all of them and alternate them or do the one they like the best, etc. Jillian says in the dvd that a few days into level 1 you will feel more comfortable with it.
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #7  

Height: 1.67m

I don't know what hiit stands for so I can't comment on that.
I really like the 30 day shred. As I understand it the idea is that you do the workout every day, staying 10 days on each level. I don't do that personally, as there is no way I would get fit enough in that short space of time. I do level 1 and level 2 depending on how I feel that particular day. I try to do L2, but some days (like today) my knees feel a bit sore and I just don't feel up for L2, so I do L1 instead.

I think the workout if you do only that and nothing else is a bit "stiffening", at least for me. I stick in a routine of pilates/yoga every so often in place of the shred.

It's not really been long enough for me to comment on results. I have lost weight since I started it, but I'm also monitoring my calories more.

I would suggest moving up in levels when you feel that the one you are on doesn't provide enough of a challenge, or if you want to try it and see and fancy a bit of a change.
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I do the shred every other day to give me something else to do besides ride my elliptical machine. I started back in September I believe, and I am on level 2 right now. I figure once I can do level three at the highest intensity for awhile, I'll switch to something else. Right now I am onto level 2 but I can't get through level 2 at the high intensity moves, I modify a few of the moves and go at the intro level. I'd suggest doing all the moves at the beginner level when you start level one and when you move up a level.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #9  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Level 1 has a lot of static movements, Push ups, squats, etc. Level 2 has more dynamic movements like pendulum lunges and walking pushups as well as more intense cardio moves. Level three uses plyometrics so jumping squats and lunges. The cardio moves incorporate a strength aspect do them.

I only did level 1 once but it seemed to really focus on developing strength more than getting your heart rate up. You need level 1 to get through level 2 and 3.

The idea behind "shred" is that you can get shredded in 30 days if you follow the program. You may not be shredded in the literal sense, but you'll definitely notice changes in your body.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #10  

I am on my 3rd day of the shred. I like it so far. I have done Banish Fat Boost Metabolism from Jillian before. It was a good workout, but just took too long for me to commit to it everyday. The shred is nice and short. I am looking forward to getting to level 2. Though level one is still kicking my butt
JustLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201.7/169/140

Height: 5'7

Starting this tomorrow, God Willing!

I tried it for a day a few months ago with my younger skinnyfat brother and we both couldn't get up the next morning without pain!!

Hopefully I'll finish the 30 days this time haha
Primalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #12  
Warrior Princess

It is HIIT. You don't have to do it for exactly 30 days but aim to do it 5-6 days a week and progress when you're ready. You will get amazing results however take pictures because you will shrink quite a bit but the numbers don't move much. Ditch the scale and measure.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #13  
go with the flow

S/C/G: 227.6/223.9/160

Height: 5'4"

just started today!! excited for the next 29 days!
pisces mama is offline   Reply With Quote