Old 12-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default One Day at a Time...

If I'm going to come close to making my 30 pound challenge weight by Christmas, I have to have three really good weeks in a row...so, I'm going to focus on one day at a time for three weeks, and see if I can get myself and my scales moving again.

This week, every day I'm going to:

Drink all my nasty water
Take at least a 15 minute walk during my planning period at school
Eat two small salads a day
Cut WAY back on the cheese.

I have to find an accurate scale to use. It's making me nuts not to be able to weigh accurately once a week. My ketostix have been consistently purple for the last week, but I don't really know if I lost anything. I think I may have lost two pounds in the last two weeks, but I'm not sure.

I'll start by making myself a big glass of water right now!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

oh how frustrating. I LOVE my scale and feel it is quite accurate, and that helps me stay on track. But each day is a new one. I have been sticking to plan better than ever, but only have a few ketones late in the day.
Remember too the NSV's that are happening. Are you losing inches, are the clothes getting loser? You are about to enter onederland. WIth a 19 pound loss, you are surely changing shape.
Whether you manage 30 pounds in total, or just get close, the process has been great for you. Your challenges of weight loss while teaching have been overcome. YOU CAN do this.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #3  
Less Juicey

Thank you, Fatmad. I need all the encouragement I can get. My clothes are loose. I've been wearing some things I haven't been able to in several (6) years. I know I'm down two sizes in clothing; that's been the case for maybe a month. I want another "losing streak" very badly, but I haven't been doing my very best for about three weeks. Another 10 - 15 pounds and some exercise would expand my wardrobe even more...I love clothes and used to buy really nice classic pieces, so they're just waiting on me.

I'm going to walk inside at work this week every day for at least 15 minutes; my school is huge. I'm also thinking about trying some yoga. There are several good basic workouts free online.

You're right about the challenge. Nineteen pounds is quite an accomplishment. What's important is that I DON'T GIVE UP. I've already decided to take a Zumba dance class with a friend in January, so I'm looking ahead to the winter/spring challenge. Maybe we can start a Valentine's Day LOVE YOURSELF 15 Pound Challenge to run between Jan. 1 and Feb. 14! What do you think?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I love that idea Sandy! My birthday is Feb 17 so I'd like some motivation around that time.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

Okay, Linsy, we'll do it. I'll need lots of motivation in cold, dark January / February...my "Holiday Blues" are immediately followed by the "After the Holidays Blues." So we'll plan on posting a new LOVE MYSELF Valentine's Day Challenge...what a perfect present to yourself! Stay warm, Linsy!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #6  
Madeleine

I don't do challenges, but am up for a Valentines day goal, fitting into my negligee I bought after my 2nd daughter was born, to let DH know I was ready to spend some quality time with him! I'm sure he will get the hint if I where it for V day!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #7  
Less Juicey

Great! I view challenges as group efforts; I don't see them as competitions. I'm glad you'll be there to support and encourage us along the way.

Your DH will be so happy that you recognize him in that special way (whether you fit into smaller "play clothes" or buy new ones). I lost the wonderful man in my life two years ago to a sudden massive heart attack; I'd give anything to be able to show him how much he means to me just once more. So, love yourself and your man, everyone! And don't wait for Valentines Day! Have a great week.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #8  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I'll join. I've been just trying to maintain for a bit. But I'll kick back into to Induction. When are we starting?
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #9  
Less Juicey

January 1, girl! Yay, Islandchick! I'm thinking Jan. 1 through Valentines Day, Feb. 14. 15 pounds...I don't really want to rodeo this...how about it, Linsy? It's the Valentines Day LOVE YOURSELF challenge...any other ideas?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Hey Sandy...the starting date sounds great.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sandyfanny~

Congratulations on getting to onederland!!
You are doing fantastic!

The road can be bumpy, I know. But look back...almost 50 lbs. down already...and it was totally worth it, right? Soon you will be a svelte 135 and all the bumps and side-tracks will just blend into an interesting trip in your memory....and all that will matter is that you got there.
Way to go!

deena

Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #12  
Less Juicey

Thank you, Deena. You're such great support! Hope you're doing well...I've been super-busy since October. In addition to teaching full time, I've picked up three homebound students I work with after school. By the time, I finally get home four days a week, I'm pooped!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #13  
Madeleine

I am so impressed, you got here to onederland. Congrats.
When does school finish for you? we just have a few more days, ours finishes on Friday. Then you can be off for a bit and recoup, got more exercise, have some fun!
celebrate with a great walk.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #14  
Less Juicey

Thanks, Fatmad. We got out yesterday...finally. I'm going to try drinking 6 - 8 cups of green tea every day for this last week before the Christmas Challenge is officially over. I haven't made the 30 pound goal, but I might make 25 if I have a really good week this week. I'm excited!