Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #1  
Searching

Default I need your help today

I woke up under this kind of black, desperate sort of cloud this morning. My sun won't shine and my energy is feeling depleated. I need to borrow some from you. Can you tell me 1 positive thing going on in your day? Your life?Your anything right now?

Miss Chris
Old 04-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #2  

Miss Chris,

[[[[]]]]] Big hugs coming your way!!

It's a gorgeous spring day here and I just found my 4 year old rolling around in the grass outside. I asked him what he was doing and he informed me that he's not Tony Joe (Anthony Joseph) any more, he's Tony Hawk now and that's what Tony Hawk does.

Hope that makes you smile just a little.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

*sneaking in to toss in my hugs* Chris

You are so often a huge source of positive inspiration on this site. And girl, you know that sunshine is just around the corner. This bleakness doesn't last. Reach out and give yourself a huge hug from me!

Positives in my life today? It's beautiful outside. I got to talk to my daughter this morning before I left for work. I have a job. For the moment, at any rate. The brakes on my car haven't given out yet. Ok, I'm reaching here.

You will be ok, Miss Chris.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:56 PM   #4  
Searching

You know I don't need to give into this. You gals are right it is beautiful outside. Maybe a shower and a walk is just what the doctor ordered.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #5  
Student of the Hoof

'atta girl.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:26 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Miss Chris - You need sunshine!! Nothing like the feel of warm sun on your face!

Positives - I got an e-card today from a friend wishing me luck in the April challenge and a big old "I know you can do it!" Just made my day!!!

Hope some sunshine comes your way!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:24 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Today, the air smelled like the first day I came to San Diego. I was so excited to be in a new town and with my boyfriend. You could smell the promise of exciting new adventures with a hint of summer days on the beach drinking margaritas until the sun went down.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:24 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

not sure if it's positive to you - but they were magic words to me..
my 3 year old said: "I think I'd better go on the potty" ... pause.... "Mom, come take a look at this big poop!"

gotta love her!!

happy thoughts: I bought lime tic tacs - yummy!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:32 PM   #9  

There are lime tic tasc? Where???
Old 04-01-2003, 02:42 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Here in WI we have lime tic tacs. They are awesome! I got some @ Kmart.

Chris, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, it's a beautiful day to borrow from U2!

Positive in my life? My uncle (like a big brother to me growing up, as he was 4 when I was born) got married this past weekend. He's gone through some tough times, putting so much love out there & getting almost nothing in return in past relationships. That was hard for me to watch happen, as he is such a terrific guy. So when we were dancing, I gave him a hug & told him I loved him. He said 'I love you too!' I said "I'm so glad you're happy!" Then he said to me, "This is so much better than I ever thought it would be." I'm so glad he's finally found someone who makes him happy instead of sad & bitter.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:03 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

you mean I'm not the only lime freak out there????

http://www.tictacusa.com/animated/

here is a secret about me... when I'm out at a restaurent I always order a diet coke with "lots" of lime - the waiter's tip is strictly based on how many limes they bring me. The most I ever got was a ring of limes around the whole glass
Old 04-01-2003, 03:25 PM   #12  

I had a waiter who brought be a whole bowl of them. I still don't think it was as many as a ring around the glass.

I base tips strictly on how long my glass stays empty. I will drink between 5-10 glasses of water/diet soda/ice tea in one sitting. If I have to flag down a waiter (gasp!) or go to the bar myself (eck! Gasp! Choke!) then they can forget a good tip. And I tip 20% on average. If the glass doesn't empty at all? Not only do I give them a good tip, but I brag to their boss.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:25 PM   #13  
JML
Success Story!!!

Gotta love that sunshine, Miss Chris!

Positives? Friends who love us -- through the years -- through thick and thin. I'm sitting here thinking about some wonderful friends I have. People can be so good!

It's getting warmer. Hopefully no more snow! My bulbs on the porch are growing -- good to see life taking root. No matter what happens around us, the plants still grow. It's a good reminder.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I think a shower and a walk is a great idea. Come look with me at the blue sky, and feel that warm sun! That always gets my spirits up. Come into my backyard and see my magnolia tree and the grape hyacinth and my neighbor's rhododendron blooming.

My positive is that I went to the dentist today and had no cavities!

And if we're talking lime, vodka and tonic with lots of lime--ahhh! And key lime pie--yum!
Old 04-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #15  
Searching

Looking on the bright side, at least I am OP for the day.

Chris
Closed Thread