Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 04:52 PM   #1  

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

I hope I can beat MISS CJ to the new thread. Let's hope so.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 04-04-2001, 05:22 PM   #2  

Default What We Have Been Waiting For!

Hi guy,s
Whew can't believe I beat Miss CJ to the draw on this new thread.

Anyways guess what guys? Yes you guessed it. The man that killed my brother Robert Persons was found GUILTY today on all the charges. Felony Murder, Murder 1st Degree AND Armed Robbery. The prosecutor was magnificient with his closing arguments. He pieced the whole murder together piece by piece for the jury, like a jigsaw puzzle and took the jury right there to the scene as if they were there. He would tell what happened than go to the confession and read that statement from the confession. Than back to what happened than to the confession and so on and so on. He built such a wonderful case and you could actually see some of the jury smiling and nodding their heads as if to say "That's right". Mr Ken King was brillant, confident and knew this case completely. The defence attorney, stumbled over unfamiliar material, appeared to not know what was even in the evidence files that were availible to her and kept grasping at straws. Saying that just maybe the 2 policeman that took both of the statements were lying and maybe framed her client. Her final stupid act was to suggest that maybe that wasn't even the defendants signature. Now how stupid is that. One crooked cop, maybe but two of them BOTH deciding to frame her client? For what reason? Ken said he knew she had messed up when she suggested that. Hey where was her handwriting analylist? She said that during her closing arguments too? Too late for a handwriting expert to come in isn't it? She tried every trick in the book-violated his rights, how come THEY wrote the statement (their policy according to them), no fingerprints (they hardly ever get perfect fingerprints in something you touch over and over) and she even said "There was no blood or bruises on her client" But he wasn't the one getting beaten up and stabbed, my brother was. No eye witnesses she said, well wouldn't that be great if at 2 o'clock in the morning in a out of the way area with a bunch of unused warehouses if we had an eye witness to see that happen. Than the "NOT HIS SIGNATURE" thing was kind of the last dumb move she made and that kind of sealed this open and shut case.

They deliberated only for 1 hour and 20 minutes before quickly coming out-they didn't even want to eat lunch either. They were very anxious and when they came out a couple of them looked at us and even at the prosecutor and flashed a smile. Well right than and there we had a good feeling. Than when the forman read the verdict-guilty on all counts we wept tears of joy.

Chrissy and I are so very happy at finally getting some justice for her husband and my brother Rick. Now we just have to wait for the sentencing on April 24th, which should be 3 consecutive life sentences with no parole for any of them. He will NEVER EVER get out and as far as an appeal, let him try as he has no grounds for that according to Ken King. She was just court appointed and for him, a homeless crack addited man to be able to afford a paid lawyer is pretty far hard to imagian.

So thanks so much for each and every one of you Thinsters for all you have done for us. I love you guys so much. If you could only know how much you have come to mean to both my sister in law Chrissy and myself.

Thanks guys, I will post again hopefully as soon as I can.

Love ya,. Sassy Sharon
Old 04-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #3  

Thanks so much Sharon for telling us the good news. I know it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. No, the jurors decision will not bring Rick back, but it will give you some closure to this and some peace of mind that the monster will spend his remaining life in prison.
Prayers sure do work and you guys sure had lots of people keeping you in their prayers.

Chrissy......Believe in angels. They come in different forms. But they are around . Give the girls a great big hug for me too.
I am so very happy for all of you.

Love Sandi
Old 04-04-2001, 07:07 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Chrissy and Sharon- Thank goodness the trial is finally over!!! I second Sandi's motion....now you two can get on with your life and put this whole bad episode to rest.Closure will now help to "put this all behind" you and justice will be done on April 24th with this losers sentancing.

Hi Ladies...today was a dead-end day. Up abit with the weight, now 207.5 lbs. Still stuck and not moving...I really think it could be the medication I'm taking to clear up my kidney infection. On the plus side I bought a new twin sweater set that looked fabulous today..(even if I must say so, the terra cotta colour enhanced my angel-eyes) I'm trying to stay up-beat and positive but you know how it is sometimes.....also haven't been feeling well enough yet to make it to the gym. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to miss it. Dh just called me from out of town and told me he'd be working through the weekend...oh yippie. NOT!!!Well, I'll post my stats on the other thread. Take care ladies...bye
Old 04-04-2001, 08:45 PM   #5  
Mother Hen

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Chrissy and Sharon and all your family......I am sooo glad this is finally over and no more stress of waiting for the trial. I hope now you all can find some closure knowing that scum-bag is going to rot in prison. You'll be able to sleep better now knowing he will never hurt anyone else. {{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}

Hugs, Judy
Old 04-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #6  

WHAT GREAT NEWS, CHRISSY AND SHARON!!!!!!

I am truly so happy for you and your families that this whole trial ordeal can now be put behind you. Although nothing can bring Rick back, at least you will have the satisfaction of knowing that his killer is where he belongs. God bless all of you.

Sorry not to have been around the past few days. I have been awfully busy getting ready for Ken's Mom to come visit the beginning of next week. I always get rattled before she comes - don't know why. We get along fine.

Took Little Big the kitty to the vet to get shaved today. I hated to do it, but his coat was just awful and he is not the most co-operative cat in the world. Now he is a little kitty with a big tail and head - a lion cut, I'm told. He is a persian and there is not much worse to look at than a persian with bad hair. Well, now there's a lot less for sure. Hopefully it will grow back in looking better.

Sorry not to address all of you this time, but I just popped in for a minute. Will post again soon. Love to all of you. G
Old 04-04-2001, 10:44 PM   #7  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Everyone.......

I am just popping in to say goodnight myself....... I've been trying to clean out my inbox.... I like to keep it to a minimum but for the last month it has gotten away from me... unanswered e-mails piling up.... yuckers.. but its cleaned out now for sure... I have my WW weigh in tomorrow afternoon.... I am leaving for Kentucky on April 12th for about 10 days..... gotta have that momma fix and sissy fix... hehe.... haven't heard yet but Joanna should be home from Toronto by now....

Chrissy and Sharon What wonderful news!!!!! Prayers do work...... and thank God for the prosecutor...

The scum bag that Robert Persons is... I can't help but think (working downtown like I do) if maybe I had seen this scumbag on the street before..... it just gives me the creeps thats for sure.... he is off the street for good now and will rot in prison .... Now your families can sleep again and know that you are all in our prayers..... take care.

I am off to bed now... everyone take care and I'll let you know what the scales says tomorrow... I feel a gain... I don't know.... we'll see....

Love Carolyn
Old 04-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

{{{Chrissy and Sharon}}}

I'm in tears here!! I'm so happy for you guys. When I read your post, Sharon, I let out a big "WHOOP!!!" and now everyone here at work thinks I'm a bit nuts. But I don't care. That piece of scum that took Rick away from you can rot in prison like he deserves to. Maybe now you can have some peace. And so can Rick. I'm proud of you both for getting through this and how strong you've been and I bet Rick is too.

Not much else to say this morning. Rich and I spent a couple hours working on the shed and in the backyard last night. Love this daylight savings time thing. We even had time to walk over to the VFW for a drink or two. I had diet cokes! Hoping to sneak out just a little early today too to get more done before the rains come tomorrow and last throughout the weekend. Yuck.

BTW, I tried something new. I bought some lemons and cut them into wedges. I keep them in the freezer here at work and when I fill my water bottle in the morning, I throw a couple in. They last pretty much the whole day and add just a little flavor and make the water go down so much better. I must have done at least a gallon and a half of water yesterday. Our WW leader says you should take your weight and divide in by 2 and that's how many ounces of water you should have per day. Well, I did had plenty!!

Time to work now. Have a good one!
Much love, Jo.
Old 04-05-2001, 10:01 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Chrissy and Sharon....

My dearest Chrissy and Sharon ~ I am so, so happy that this ordeal is finally at it's end and that, especially, this horrible excuse for a man will be behind bars for life. I have prayed for your situation and my Lord has always answered prayers......(thank you Lord for your goodness and miracles) His angels were with you all. You must be so relieved that this is over. Praise God!!!
Old 04-05-2001, 10:07 PM   #10  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default Thursday

Hello everyone ~

another week just about over ~ I am really in need of this weekend....I've had a very stressfull few days and I need some relaxation.

Jo ~ I'm so sorry you were sick....and in the hospital!?!?!? Glad you're back and feeling better.

Gina ~ Are you feeling better? I hope so. The Ranger game was GREAT and unfortunately, I'm STILL not back on track. I'm really having a rough time here.

Carolyn ~ I know what you mean about the web at work. I use the internet for my job and never, ever get on 3FC cus BIG BROTHER does watch.

Sandi ~ a friend that gives tours at the ballpark?? Wow, what a great job!!

Kelster ~ I am so, so sorry about your friend. My prayers are with you.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta run. Have a great night
Old 04-05-2001, 10:18 PM   #11  

Hi Girls...

It has been quite a while since I have last posted. I see that Sharon has kept you all informed! Thanks Sharon. I am glad that it's all over with. The trial that is. The sentencing is scheduled for April 24th. That is (hopefully) the last time I will have to set my eyes on that stupid, poor excuse of a judge and Robert Person. I know what Robert's sentence will be now, but still want to go and see it happen. He will have all life sentences without any change of parole. Thank God! Plus two of us get a chance to speak and tell how we feel about everything. Person will be there to listen. I figure that I have spoken enough. I told my daughters, Emily and Ellen that it's their turns to speak now. Say whatever they want, on how this has effected them, whatever. It will be interesting to see what Person has to say. He gets to speak too. I just wish that he would show some kind of remorse. He never has. He probably won't. We don't really expect it.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the last year and a half listening to me through all of this. On April 24th that is the day I will bury my husband. I might of buried his body, but not him. Richard has gotten justice. Now he shall rest in peace.

Thank girls......I love you all.....when I get it together again, I will start posting again. But it's funny...not funny....but here we should all be celebrating and all, our victory, but Rick is still dead. It's just weird.

Love, Chrissy
Old 04-05-2001, 10:21 PM   #12  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi everyone everyone.... yooooohhhhh where is everyone?????

Well I did the weigh in thing this afternoon and lost 1 pound.... that means that I am still up .8 but thats okay... at least I didn't gain another pound.... thats fine with me.... I was also a good girl and had my mammogram this morning, I should have the results of that in a couple of days.... they are still having me do one every 6 months.... and I had to tell the lady that since my last visit my aunt (mom's twin) has been diagnosed with breast cancer.... this thing is so scarey..... but its just another one of lifes "pleasures" plodding through the muck and getting to the good stuff...

I am looking forward to the week-end even if it is suppose to rain all week-end.... no work.... thats worth it alone.....

You know the saying? Fix Or Repair Daily? FORD???? Its a standing joke here in the Motor City.... that and the fact you never want a vehicle built on a Monday as everyone is hungover from the week-end and never on a Friday... because everyone has skipped out of work early.... WELL..... my Explorer is in for service already, there wasn't a spare tire, no cargo privacy shield and none of the speakers worked on the right side.... maybe I already mentioned this...???? I should get it back tomorrow.... oh well...... my black beauty will be with me again soon...... hehe....

I spoke to mom this evening and she says that Joanna should be in sometime from Toronto tonight... I guess she got a 2 day working vacation out of this one this time.....

I am headed off to bed.... everyone take care and be good......
Carolyn
Old 04-06-2001, 11:11 AM   #13  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey Gals!

Chrissy - I am so glad that all of this is finally coming to a close for you and your family. It is really good to hear from you. I look forward to you being with us again but I am glad that you are taking some time to take this all in and really put Rick to rest. I know there is no way I can understand what you are going through but I will keep you close to my heart and in my prayers. . .

Sharon - Thanks for keeping us updated with the details of the trial. I know this has been hard on you too. I can't imagine loosing my brother this way. I will keep up the good thoughts for you too.

Zoe - Glad you had a blast at the game. I am feeling better. Thanks for asking. Right now I am just trying to keep this PMS junk in check and not hurt anyone. . .

Sorry I didn't catch everyone. This looks like it is going to be a busy day.
Monday I am going to be in Branson, MO singing with my church choir. Should be a blast. It will be televised around Easter worldwide. If anyone is interested in trying to spot me. . . let me know and I'll give you station info and air times.
Old 04-06-2001, 05:02 PM   #14  

Default Do You Believe In Angels?

Hi,
It is me again at Chrissy's house. We are waiting for Chrissy and and my niece Emily to come back to celebrate her other daughter Ellen's 18th birthday. So I am here with hubby Ken, my dad/Papa and my other brother Jerry and some of Chrissy's relatives for Ellen.

Anyways a couple of things I forgot to tell you guys was that Chrissy and I really believe we had some devine intervention with this trial.

When the jury first came Chrissy spotted a man getting out of the elevator with of all things-a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap on. Well anyone who knew my brother Rick knew that he ALWAYS wore an Orioles cap and in fact the night he was murdered he had his cap on too. In fact it was a key piece of evidence as he had left that cap and his Dawn Donut travel mug in the parking lot right next to where he was parked so the police knew that he had been there and had been abducted.

Well Chrissy had remarked to me that she hoped that that man with the cap would be on our jury and you know there was so many people there in the hundreds probally all going to different rooms to be questioned by the different lawyers to serve on different jurys. So after the our prosecutor Ken King said that they had picked our jury out they come and wouldn't you know the very last one walked in front of us and put his Oriole cap on his head. (I guess they can't wear hats in the courtroom). Chrissy and I both couldn't believe it and said to Ken King. Did you see that Ken? And I said to him "How the heck did he ever get past Susan Reed the defence attorney? Cause if she knew or saw that hat she would have excused him from being on the jury? He looked at all of us and said to Chrissy. Remember the last time when things didn't go right and we had that mistrial? You were really upset but I think God makes everything happen for a reason. And I think the reason is it wasn't the right time. Did you ever stop to think that this is God's way of telling you that Rick is sending a message to you that everything will be fine now and Rick will be here with us this time, maybe through that man in the Baltimore Orioles Cap? I do believe in Angels that is for sure.

Ken is a very religious man and in fact one thing that really impressed me and Chrissy was that just after the jury went to deliberate he asked us if we would all pray with him in the witness room for justice for Rick. We all piled in there about 12 of us and formed a circle and all held hands and prayed to God that he would hear our prayers and give us a fair and just verdict. Well shortly after that we went in to the courtroom after they announced they were ready to give us a verdict and somehow I think I knew that he had heard our prayers. Can you believe all of this guys? It is funny how God moves in mysterious ways. I also think like Ken that last time wasn't the right time. Ken only had 2 days to study the case and the judge was probally still mad cause we had appealed and won the right for the confession to be heard too. He wouldn't have been fair at all and you know from what I have told you that he wasn't fair and my gosh out of 20 objections to side with the defences side all 20 times?

I can't say enough about Ken our prosecutor, how wonderful he was and what a fabulous job he did for us. I think anyone with name of Ken is wonderful cause I am married to a Ken too. But anyways he was so wonderful and the other prosecutor before him, Tom Fertaugh also was the man responsible for the appeal to get the confession, that the Judge Morrow had thrown out, brought back and therefore head by the jury during this trial.

But this time it was so different. One thing is that the jury was even better and they were so attentive and even took notes as well. Something the last time we never saw. And the same judge was different too. Maybe he was over all of that-being mad that we went and got the confession brought back. Maybe he was watching himself cause of the bad publicity from Pete Waldmeir saying he was known as "Turn him loose Bruce". Who knows why the mistrial. But I think that all things happen for a reason and God knows what he is doing and always will.

We all went to the cemetary after the verdict and released 12 helium colored balloons to the sky to celebrate justice for Rick. Chrissy Tied hers together signifying her and Rick together forever. We all just formed a circle, hugged each other and cried. Now the healing can start for us. We can now begin to have closure after almost 2 whole years.

Well guys, I think Chrissy is home now so time to have birthday cake and ice cream for Ellie's birthday.

I will try to post later on. Ken and I are going to CJ's to go out to dinner with her and her husband Dick than we will spend the night with her. Tomorrow we will head to Ken's sisters house and stay there then the night day go to his brothers for a cookout, since we won't be coming back for Easter.

Talk to you guys later and will try to post soon.

Love ya guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Chrissy; 04-06-2001 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 10:57 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default TGIF!!!

Hi everyone

Just wanted to stop in for a moment. It's been a very long week and I for one, am so glad that the weekend is here. I hope that Y'all are doing well and of course, staying OP (I've not been good AT ALL!! )

Gina ~ Hope your PMS is in check. I know what you mean about not hurting anyone. Ha!

Chrissy and Sharon ~ Again, my prayers are with you both and your family. I know that you are wanting this to be over with and soon, it will be. I am thinking of you constantly.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I can't address anyone else as I am rushing to get off this computer and relax.

have a wonderfully blessed weekend,
Closed Thread