Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #244 Bale of Turtles Having a "Merry"!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on trck. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's a and and : to all the turtles who are keepin' on!

I have my fingers crossed that this new WW program works for me. It will make me think twice before having a 110calorie piece of bread (my downfall) because now it will cost me 3 points instead of the 1before.

So, onward and downward we go. Cookies have always been tough for me around Christmas, so I need to come up with some substitutes.

In the meantime, I'll be babysitting my grandson this afternoon. Then next Wed. I'm having about 7 gals from WW's back to my house for a WW lunch after our meeting. Last year it was great, and I hope it's as much fun this year. Tomorrow night we'll have dinner out at our friends' house. I hope they have something that is reasonable. I'm bringing dessert, so that will be a big help.

You all take care. I'm doing my best and I have to figure out how to get some time in today. Heavy rains the past couple of days stopped dh and me from getting to the boardwalk and we're heavy into decorating for Christmas right now. Gotta run! You all take care. I'm sending all : to all of us to make this a happy time and to be proud of how we're tackling good health.

Judy
234.6/193/thinner!!!!!!!! I've got to do this.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone has a good day. I am off the gym in the few. They changed the equipment so now it has a "smart Key" or something like that. Anyway off to get one of those.

This new points is killing me. Apparently I ate way too much bread, becuase that has been killing my points. Other than that it seems okay.

Everyone have a good day. It has finally gotten cold here.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all and happy Thursday to everyone!

I have little knowledge of the new plan other than what I have heard here but that is not enough for me to actually follow it so I am trudging on with the old plan, good luck to those that are following it though.

Cold here again today, they are calling for a mini snow storm this weekend... ugh figures! This is the weekend of the baby shower for DIL, oh well, I have no control over that so will just prepare as if it was going to be sunny and 80 degrees!

I got on the scale this morning, ugh! Tonights W/I is not going to be pretty at all, plain and simple, I over indulged and will pay for it... period. To top it off tonight we will have a quick W/I then we will all meet at a restaurant for our Holiday supper.... they picked a pancake house... I mean REALLY? Oh well, I am trying to go with the flow these days since stress is an issue for me and I have it coming at me from every corner right now, where I eat dinner is the least of my worries I guess.

I have to run - very busy day here at work but take care everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

CHerry - nice job of your weight loss, keep it going "baby steps"

Judy - 3 points for 1 piece of bread is a big ww change. Your ww luncheon will be nice (if I was going I would be hoping for some of your veggie pie)
which reminds me, I haven't made that in awhile & would be nice to have on hand throughout the week. Have fun with the ladies.
For a cookie type treat - sometimes what I do is cut granola bar into 3 pieces, nuke to warm it up and then flatten the pieces out, you get 3 big cookies.

Princess - Surprised your Tops dinner is at a pancake house, will be hard to have something fairly low in points I would think. When I was in States we went to IHOP and I couldn't believe the choices and super big portions.
Good luck - maybe tonight will be better than you expect.

Hope everyone that is doing new plan does well. For now I am sticking with old plan until after Christmas then maybe find out more about new plan in new year, but right now I seem OK and don't want to change things.

Snowing here today - tomorrow is my tree/decorating day, then it will feel more Christmassy and get my butt in gear for what I need to get done.

Have a great day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  
rrc

S/C/G: 203.8/186.2/133.8

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hello-new here.

Hello All. I am new to your group just today.

My name is Robin. I am 43 years old and live in Northern Michigan, USA (where we have gotten about 6 inches of snow today!). I work as a phlebotimist. I have an almost 19 year old son that lives in Maine. I just celebrated 2 years of contented happiness with a man that is 22 years older than me (did not see that one coming 2.5 years ago). Despite not winning the lottery yet, life is good.

I have joined and quit WW too many times to count over the years. I have said this before but...this time really is different. For the first time ever I am taking it slow and steady. I re-joined WW on 9/21/10 and have lost every week since. My total is 17.6 lbs right now; I'm losing about 1-2 lbs a week. My previous goals before were to lose the weight ASAP and I would always (once I lost 12 lbs my first week..not even kidding) lose between 15-20 lbs it but then quit and always gain it back.

My biggest challenge is exercise...hate it. I have not exercised once since I started. I know that is the key to my success but can't quite get there yet.

So, here I am. Glad to meet you!

-Robin
rrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #7  

Hope everyone had a good day. So I made it to the gym did 30 between a bike, treadmill, and some machine. Then did some weight machines very productive day, but I didn't eat enough.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Cold here today but no snow, we are to get that this weekend. We did purchase a snow blower but it has not arrived yet so we will be shoveling this round but it is only a few inches that they are calling for.

I am leaving work early today to finish up the shopping for the baby shower and get home to get the house cleaned up before the out of town company arrives this evening.

W/I was as expected last night, I was up 2.0 lbs but I weighed in with much heavier clothing on then I even have, since we were going directly out to supper I just did not bother with my usual W/I outfit. So all in all it was not too bad. I ordered grilled chicken with a salad and baked potato... and to be honest it was terrible, lol - I should have just ordered breakfast food and been done with it, the bright side is I did pretty good on my eating. They specialize in breakfast food and that is what I should have stuck with, lesson learned

Bandit: How did W/I go for you? I am thinking along your lines, I will wait until after the first of the year maybe but have not decided yet since January WW gets packed with all of the New Year's resolutions, etc. I will have to join at least for a few weeks to get the information and other things that are needed, for now I am just going to hold tight and trying and increase the fruit, veggies, and protein and lay off of the processed stuff.

Judy: How are you doing? Did you get your decorating done? That is so nice of you to host the luncheon for your friends... I'll bet they all had a wonderful time! Let us know how it goes.

Robin: A huge welcome to you! So very glad to have you here and from what you said on your post this is the perfect place for you - LOL - you sound like you will fit right in with the rest of us really well! Looks like you live directly in between Bandit (to your north) and me (to your south) - I was actually born in Mich and still have some family there.

Life: Great job exercising! I really need to get my butt into gear and get to the gym! I need more hours in the day I think - LOL

All: have a great weekend... I am super busy so most likely will not get online till Sunday or Monday. Take care!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 12-03-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #9  
rrc

Default Tgif

Yay-I love Fridays!! I had a 27 point dinner last night!! But...I counted it and it is OK. I am loving this new program except for all of my bread points seem to have gone up so much. I need to research some new choices. Hoping to get some Christmas shopping done tomorrow. The local Snap Fitness 24/7 gym is offering a free 7 day trial so I am going to check it out tomorrow (they also offer unlimited tanning with membership and I do not even live anywhere near the Jersey Shore, I might check that out too). Have a great day everybody!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 179.8/166/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!
Just a quick check in here. Sounds like winter is here for some of us. I hate this part of the year because it is so hard to get motivated to work out in this weather. I live in a town with a population of less than 1000 and we don't have a gym. I have a treadmill, but its just not the same.

Just another note on the new plan - the daily points values have changed as well, now the lowest total anyone can have is 29. So knowing that points have increased, it does make the higher points for carbs a little easier knowing that we have extra points in our daily balance. And we also have 49 weekly points rather than 45. The one thing I don't like about this is that they aren't advertising how to come up with the new recommended daily points. I am on 29, the lowest amount and that seems like a lot! Especially for some member of our group who were on 18 before! Anyway, back to work. Have a great day!
alliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #11  
rrc

I'm not sure how they figure those points. I have 29 points a week and I have 50+ lbs to lose. A doctor in the office where I work (a thin one) who is on maintenance also has 29 points. So that means that a year from now I will either look like her or she will look like me , lord I hope it's the first one.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, we're hopping here. I' ve been catching up on Christmas decorations and gifts, etc. Somehow no matter what I do, I'm behind and it's been that way since 9/1. LOL. In any case, I want to keep in touch here and the other things will wait.
Here's my opinion: I wish WW's had waited until the New Year to put forward its new program. I'm doing so much now that learning and implementing this is a lot to do. However, that said, my weight is changing for the better. Yay! I was eating waaaaaay too much bread since it only cost me one point. Now I'm Scrooge with my bread points and I'm eating better. My doctor adjusted a medication for me, my hives seem a tiny bit better, and I'm paying attention to WW's with the more realistic points. With all that perfect storm coming together, I'm hoping that I can drop weight again this year. Enough about me!

Life4evr, Weigh to go with the gym. I love your determination! Keep up the good work. It looks like your and my nemesis was bread. Good to know!

Princess, : to help keep the stress in check. You've had all those birthdays and Thanksgiving and now the baby shower (ooooh---a baby), so of course there's stress. The Pancake House story isn't even funny. I love the flexibility of the TOPS groups, but gosh------Pancakes?
Sorry the food was cra......., but at least you know what to get next time. Good luck with the shower. I hope you have decent weather and everyone has a really good time. By the way, thanks for the tip about having nuts in the shell in the candy dishes. That is definitely something I'll do this Christmas.

Bandit, what a great idea for me to serve the veggie pie. I may just do that because some of the girls may not have ever had it. Thanks for the suggestion. Also: the granola bar=cookies is something I never thought of before. Great! Good luck with your food this week. You're doing great!

By the way, I think you and Princess are smart to stay with the old WW's until later since there's lots to think about.

Robin, to you! We're always happy to have new members. I had to laugh about your comment about 29 points for you and the very slim office worker. I had the same sensation. A skinny minny who sits next to me at my WW mtg. and I have the same 29 points. I'm just going to trust WW on this and not worry about anyone else. I had been eating suggested points and I did not lose weight. Hopefully WW has learned the real stuff this time around and I'll lose weight again.

Alliez,good luck with everything you're doing. I know what you mean about the points---the first day I tried it I had 15 points left *after* dinner. I don't want to do that again. Yesterday I was hungry for the first time, and I think that was my body telling me I was dropping weight. I hope that keeps up.

Cherry, hope you and the kids all stay well. Look at how much weight you've lost. You're doing great!!!!!!

KimL, hope you're doing fine! Chime in when you can.

All our friends from over the years: if you're reading this, chime in and say hello. We're sending you and : and hope you're doing very well.

Take care, be well and happy.
Off to friends' house for dinner, then the rest of the weekend will be quiet---as of now. LOL. That tends to change quite often with me!
Judy
234.6/193.6/thinner and soon!!!!!

Last edited by Itryharder; 12-03-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

A sunny but cool day up here but no snow for today, so planning on getting my outside lights put out - my tree is up & decorated so now I feel like doing more, really get you in the mood once the tree is up.

Playing cards tonight and apparently we are ordering in chinese food -
so I suggested we each order 1 dish and share so I can order steamed chop suey with chicken and then just have a few pieces of other things. Chinese makes me bloat up from all the sodium. But I am doing hot yoga Sunday afternoon, so that will help sweat out some of the crap from my system.
I was down .75# at my weigh in so was happy not to be up seeing holiday season as offically kicked in.

Judy - you seem to have things under control and planned out, and glad your
doing better with your hives.

Princess - have fun at your baby shower and good luck with staying on track with everything you have going on

Life/Alliez - good you guys are getting in your exercise and treadmill will also help.

All - hope everyone has great success on this new programme, so good luck with that.

You can let us know how it is going and will have a month under your belt before I trying switching things up. I just can't wrap my head around switching everything and having different points for things I have used for a long time right now. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #14  

Hope everyone had a good day. It is cold here, snow flurries but it's not sticking thank goodness. I never learned how to drive in snow. I hit up the gym again. I am trying to squeeze it into my schedule. It is the end of the year so I am stressed since I am borderline in my class right now. Something must be wrong with me, because I cannot use all my daily points. Well I can but the choices are horrible.

I have to start eating breakfast, because I am pretty sure not eating breakfast is messing me up. So how do you schedule your meals around your workout. I may need to increase my meat intake not sure yet though.

So the granola bar points went up. My mom brought home some Kashi granola bars. They are okay. Since I am seem to have extra points, the 3 or 4 points for them don't bother me. They dont have the corn syrup in them so they are drier than the usual ones.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
My weight is changing ======in the right direction! Weigh to go me! I hope this isn't just my scale, but is a real weight loss. I'll find out on Wednesday. What I am doing now that is different is I am having a piece of fruit when I am hungry rather than a serving of bread. It seems to be working. :

Bandit, : again! weigh to go! You're doing great. Yeah, to lose weight during the holiday season is amazing and you're doing it. Like you, we're decorating here. Today I am going to do some more wrapping and organizing and sometime soon I guess I'll start addressing cards. I have noticed that the Christmas cards still come----they just arrive here later than they have in the past.

Life4evr, the first couple of days I had trouble using my points up too. I have an idea. In the big book they gave us for the points+ program, there is a page on how to use points through the day. They give you suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the number of snacks they think you might want. I know you're busy, but I bet that page 61 might make things clearer. Good luck with your studies. and : I give you credit for trying to lose some weight while you're a student. I remember "stuffing" my stomach when I really wanted to "stuff" my brain when courses were difficult. You're doing great!

Princess, hope you have a wonderful shower for your son and dil.
to you and yours!

KimL, How are you?

Tessa, are the rabbits still about?

Gals, chime in. I miss you.

Good luck to everyone. Today is a sunny but cold day here again. December seems to be flying. After I wrap some gifts, I am going to catch my breath and plan a menu for my lunch w/WW friends for Wed. I am going to point out the Veggie Pie as Bandit suggested and see what else I want to make.

Have a great Sunday!
Judy
234.6/193.6/thinner!!!!!!