Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Maintainers moving in December!

Sorry I zoned out and forgot it was December guys! Here's a new thread.

Dec 1:
5 min warmup, 2.5 mile treadmill run 29:15 (mostly at 5mph, 6mph at the very end), 5 min cooldown, stretching

Dec 2:
yoga class
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Joining you here, Jessica, a little belatedly, and repeating a post that I originally put in the November thread.

Wednesday, Dec. 1:

45 minutes spin class
30 minutes Pilates routine on my own.

I should have started this thread myself, rather than leaving the housework for you, Jessica, but 1) I've just spent a week visiting my mother, and occasionally being waited on, and my bad teenage habits are reasserting themselves; and 2) I feel that only you have Admin privileges to begin these threads, and that to get similar privileges, I am going to have to do a triathlon or run a marathon or complete NROLW or something.

Last edited by saef; 12-02-2010 at 01:53 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Saef, you're funny.

December 1:
6 mile treadmill run (talk about dreadmill)
58 minutes

December 2:
60 min Cardio Kickboxing class

I'm wondering if we are going to get some gym drama at my place now. The regular kickboxing teacher is sick, and this energetic little spitfire taught the class today. The regular guy is great, but it feels like the same workout for 18 months now. It felt good to mix it up, work in a new way today. We'll see what happens when the regular guy comes back...
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Thanks for starting the thread.

My gym was so crowded yesterday that when I arrived for spin I couldn't find a parking place! I gave up and went back later.

December 1: 48 minutes elliptical (had to go pick up my dd before my hour was up!)

Totals:
1 day
48 minutes
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #5  
slow and steady

LOL Saef, you spend so many more hours working out than I do that you definitely can have the rights to start the thread!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

Thursday, Dec. 2:
45 minutes arc trainer, hill intervals, resistance at 9
60 minutes Pilates class

I can start threads.

I can do anything.

Maybe I can even lose two freakin' pounds by Jan. 1st.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Thanks for starting the thread.

My gym was so crowded yesterday that when I arrived for spin I couldn't find a parking place! I gave up and went back later.

December 1: 48 minutes elliptical (had to go pick up my dd before my hour was up!)

Totals:
1 day
48 minutes
December 2: 60 minutes hip hop class

Totals:
2 days
108 minutes

Last edited by traveling michele; 12-03-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #8  
slow and steady

OK exercisers, I need your advice. My original plan was for today to be a rest day, and to do a long run tomorrow (as the runners laugh, since my "long" run is their "short" run). However, the forecast is for it to start snowing at midnight tonight and snow all through tomorrow, accumulating 2-4 inches.

Do I:
A - Run on the treadmill at work after work today (I packed a gym bag)
Pros - get the run out of the way, no worries about the weather, I can watch TV while I run so I don't get bored
Cons - I don't like running in the afternoon, I don't get the extra rest day, I can't bring the dog so he doesn't get his exercise, I get home late which means the dog has to wait to go out
B - Wait and see how it looks tomorrow morning for an outdoor run
Pros - the weather folks might be wrong and if it's only snowed a little tomorrow morning outdoor running is no problem, and I can bring the dog
Cons - if we wake up to 2 inches of snow, I can't run outside without risking slipping and falling and I may have to skip the exercise entirely
C - Plan to run on Sunday and hope they've plowed the running trail by then
Pros - trail is more likely to be clear by then, I can bring the dog
Cons - messes up my plan for a Monday run, messes up my plan for a Sunday swim, if the trail isn't plowed I'm kind of screwed, and it's supposed to be really cold out
Old 12-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

Jessica, my modus operandi when a storm is coming is always to get the exercise done earlier, rather than later, because then my mind isn't preoccupied with worrying over all the variables, and checking the weather every 10 minutes, and therefore stressing over something simple. So I'd run tonight on the treadmill after work, to quiet my mind & to cross off a task. Under this scenario, though, I admit that I do feel badly for Carter's bladder. (I've already told you that I like your dog's name a lot, haven't I? It just seems like a good name for a dog.)

Speaking of which ....

Friday, December 3:

15:05 back on my old friend, the Concept II rowing machine, 2:27 for 500 meters, 2,814 meters total, for projected 5,869, and 43 s/m
60 minutes weights
45 minutes on the elliptical, half backward, resistance at 8

... and me with the iPod on repeat, playing Florence and the Machine's "Dog Days Are Over," which I just fell in love with the other night. We had a substitute spin instructor, just 23 years old, who had a lot of alt rock on her playlist, and we did a killer routine to this song, sprinting & then increasing the resistance on the slower parts. Which perversely made me really, really like the song. I had heard it before on the Fordham radio station, but hadn't listened closely.

Poor Carter. It's snowing in the Midwest. The Dog Days Are Over.

Last edited by saef; 12-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #10  

Jessica-- If I was you, I would run on the treadmill today. There are too many variables with the weather and you may not be able to run outside for awhile.
I personally hate running but I'm going to run on the treadmill after work today too so I'll be there with you in spirit!
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #11  
slow and steady

Thanks guys, you're right. I should do it today and get it over with. I'll run on the treadmill, then tomorrow and/or Sunday take Carter for a nice long walk to make up for only running with him once this week (I ran on the treadmill Wednesday too).

Saef, I wish I could take credit for Carter's name, but we adopted him when he was 4 years old and he came with it!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #12  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Yes. Get it done first.

Exercise isn't happening here: SO ill for two weeks; work is epic; end of term play, carol service, etc; weather bad - not quite cut off but almost. I do a few crunches before I get out of bed and a bit of running on the spot to keep warm. And I shiver and bring logs in.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #13  
No description available.

SB, is it true that the British Isles are currently one large block of ice? I'd have to run in place, too.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #14  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Pretty much, midwife. It's treacherous in most places. I must change to my winter avatar, the one with the black hat, because that's what I'm wearing most of the time at present.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #15  
slow and steady

Dec 3 - ran 3.75 miles on the treadmill at 5mph, plus 5 min warmup, 5 min cooldown, 5 min stretching