South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tricky Thursday

I've got an appt. with my therapist today, yahoo! I'm doing well and I'm gonna be seeing a personal trainer soon!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you, Okie!!! I was thinking about going w/ a personal trainer once I reached my goal weight so I could get them to help me firm up. Once I get there I'll reevaluate and see what I want to do. It's still a long ways off, though.

Today will be the same old gym/work/gym routine. It's payday, though, so that's good. All I have to do is get through tomorrow and then I'll be off for a whole week. Yay!!!

So what's on everyone's agenda for Thursday???
Old 12-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #3  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Before I go to bed tonight, I just have to share a "good feeling" time that I had for a while this afternoon. I spent a couple of hours going thru my "smaller clothes" and was able (finally) to fit into smaller size pants and tops. Sure does lift one's spirits I tell you. Been walking on water all afternoon and evening.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome, TallandThin!!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Hooray for Talland Thin!
What a great feeling. Congratulations!

Okie, I hope you have a terrific appointment today. You're doing so well!

Good morning Natasha, that week off is getting really close now, eh?

I've got to run, I need to be on the road by 5:00. I'm heading to a kindergarten conference in Nashua, NH. It's pouring rain but above freezing so I'm hoping for an easy drive down. Nashua is just a skip and a jump from my mom and sisters in Massachusetts, so I'll head to my sister's home for a quick visit after the last session and stay with my mom tonight and tomorrow night. I've been looking forward to this for a while and I'm so glad it's finally here!

I'm a bit nervous about the food situation though. I've got my on plan snacks packed but the food and pastries are always soooo delicious at this conference. I'm back to thinking that I just might be able to hit my healthy BMI before the first of the year after all, so I really need to be strong today and STAY on PLAN! (Now that I've told you that I'll be way more likely to do it because someone may ask me about the food! Thanks friends - you're my SBD secret weapon. )

OK, I really need to hit the road. Hello to those who haven't checked in yet and a special hug for you today Ruth. You're in my prayers.
Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-02-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

First the morning cheering section:
Way to go Rikki!
Congratulations Tall & Thin

Wow, cheering before coffee!

Beloved - I hope today is a better day.

Okie - Enjoy your day.

Natasha - Payday, the reason we crawl out of bed in the morning Hope the vacation countdown goes quickly.

Heidi - I've heard about that K conference but never been myself. Hope there are some good workshops and the drive is easy.

Another day not unlike the rest of the week. I see different people each day so they are always different days. The new person at the old job is pretty much ready to go it alone and may not need me to stop in again at all

I found out yesterday that our team is off from 12/23 - 1/3 and since I don't get back from NM until 12/20 I'm taking all of that first week off too. I am sooooooo looking forward to a long stretch off. DW and I realized we will have a whole week with no outside obligations. That is unheard of. Can't wait! Now to make it through the stretch in-between!

How is your Thursday (how did that happen!!) shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-02-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. There sure is a lot of chirping going on in here these mornings. It's hard to sleep in.

Okie and Natasha, a personal trainer is great and well worth the money.

TallandThin, that must have been a wonderful feeling. Enjoy! I'd love to ditch some of my wardrobe. Maybe in 2011?

Heidi, I hope the conference food isn't too tempting you and you have a great weekend with family. The hug is much appreciated.

Life is getting back on track for me but sure has been rough. Last night's Christmas Party was just fine although I did not feel like eating much. I sat beside a very charming man from Ireland. We discussed horse breeding - I don't know much about it but, at my age, I can BS my way through anything! The drive home through softly falling snow was sort of magical.

Today is a "free" day except for the usual stuff. I have to write a letter to be read at my friend Linda's Celebration of Life next week. I just can't go back out to BC for the event which is going to be a Victorian Tea party in her honor. Joanne and her family are having an "event" on Sunday afternoon to get some closure to Wade's suicide. The kids are in counseling which I'm sure they need.

Today's "Christmas-Up" event must definitely be putting up the outside lights. I'd do it now but it's still dark! The dogs just came in covered with snow - they wrestle when they are outside. Better snow than mud, I guess.

On we go with Thursday - I hope it's not too "tricky" for us. I may throw a beef stew into the crockpot and have a homey day.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Cyndi. You could always drive north if you need something to do on your time off! Just sayin' ...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Thursday!

Okie ~ I'm envious of you getting to work with a personal trainer. Lucky you!

Natasha ~ Hooray for payday! Have a great day!

TallandThin ~ Congratulations! Nothing compares to the feeling of fitting into smaller clothes!

Heidi ~ I hope you have an easy drive with no icy roads to deal with! That's going to be hard to resist those temptations at the conference, but remember how good it felt to see the numbers on the scale this week and keep that in mind if you're tempted to stray. You can do it!

I'm at home right now, as Cindy & Richard's trip was canceled because of the snowstorm that's covering most of Europe. Gatwick airport is completely closed, and there are severe flight delays at most of the other major airports. We're all a bit disappointed, but they will try to reschedule at a later date. At least now I'll have tomorrow off.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

On my way to work

Yay Rikki for being OP for 3 days!!! I think a good pat on the back for yourself is essential, don't feel bad about it.

Yay T&T, it is such a good feeling to get into those smaller clothes

Cyndi, wow, enjoy the time off, I know I would, but I have the kids needing me to drive them around. It is never a day off. I hope you are able to relax

Natasha, Yay for a week off!! It's good to stick with your routine, hope the time passes quickly

Ruth, I'm glad life is getting back to normal for you.

Heidi, Yay for having a plan. I have not been planning, and have been failing. I hope you are able to stay OP

afm, I have to work and still am not 100 % I can't believe how long this illness has lasted, it sucks But with the evil inhaler (which makes me jittery) I am getting better (and the stronger antibiotics )

Have a great day everyone xoxo
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, two big posts while I was working on mine! I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Cyndi ~ What a happy surprise to find you have all that time off! You certainly deserve it after all the extra work you've been putting in!

Ruth ~ I would have loved to eavesdrop on your conversation with the horse-breeder. Be careful while putting up your lights today, and be mindful of the snow!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks!

Okie - Good for you.

Natasha - I wondered if you had hit your weekend yet. Almost! I started using a trainer with a friend several years ago, not too long after I began lifting weights. It was a splurge but I found it really helped me with my form and to know what I was doing so I could do better on my own. Not to mention trainers push me more than I push myself!

TallandThin - Great NSV! Keep up the good work.

Heidi - Have a safe drive and nice visit. I am looking forward to tomorrow's post when you tell us how you rocked that conference food!

Cyndi - That break at the end of the month sounds great. Will you just hang out at home, or go birding, or do something special, or...

Ruth - Enjoy your day. And I will eagerly await the BS skills as an advantage of aging

Linda - Bummer. Enjoy the day off.

Beloved - Hope you feel back to yourself soon.

I wish I could manage to sleep later on days when my schedule lets me sleep later! Late arrival at the HS again and the teen does not need to be up until 8:00 but I was out of bed at 6:00. I do enjoy the quiet of having the house to myself though for a while. I think I will start on Christmas cards today. In the past I have written a holiday letter but now I write so much online (here, comments on blogs, my own blog) that I may be "written out." I'm one of those who actually enjoys getting those letters each year.

Oh - and I think my neighbor is going to give me a knitting lesson today. I did it a bit as a teen but not since then and want to relearn to keep my hands from snacking in the evenings. I tried internet tutorials but that didn't work for me.

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I checked in earlier, just after Okie, Natasha and TallandThin posted, but didn't have too much to say. I was working through my insomnia. I did manage to eek out 5 hours but am now amidst morning activities. Next on the list is to get Rudi out which is a major chore. I'm headed to the pool with my warm winter hat...it's 27 degrees out but the pool is a constant 94. It will be very steamy today.

I'll get back later since I made room for my laptop in my office when I should have been sleeping.

Yesterday, OP, and today is planned. Planning is my number one tool for success.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 183.0/177/145

Height: 5'4

Still learning who everyone is but wanted to stop in and say hello and thank you all for being here. I have a feeling you are all going to be a pretty significant group of women in my life....

Day 4 of P1 and so far on plan and down 3 water pounds. Nice.

The days do seem longer when you are trying to stay on plan..haha.

Have a blessed day, all.

Last edited by Mirabai7; 12-02-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Woohoo for a personal trainer, FoodObsessed! Do any of y'all have Groupon where you live? Basically they send around a really good deal every day that you can choose to by. Earlier this week, I got 3 months at an awesome gym and 3 personal training sessions for $30. I'm really excited to use it!

I just got back from a job interview in California yesterday and I didn't eat too terrible while I was there, but I did have some crackers and stuff on the plane because I hadn't thought to bring healthy stuff with. So I'm up 2lbs today, but hoping lots of water and a long run will fix me right up.
Closed Thread