Old 10-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/206.8/176

Height: 5'10

Default Plateu- I need help!

Ladies,

I have been loosing pretty quickly until now. For the last 14 days, I have lost only about 2 lbs. I think I have hit a plateau. What should I do?

How many of these did you go through on your weight loss journey and how long did they last?

Did you do anything to get yourself out of it?

I am afraid that lately I have not been eating enough, maybe my body went into a starvation mode. I have not had time to exercise since the very beginning of my program due to working all the time.

Please, I need your input on this....

Last edited by GoalDec20; 10-15-2010 at 09:07 AM.
GoalDec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

I'm not on plateau, but I lose at best 1lb a week.

Could it be hormonal one week, and salt another week?

I heard if you try new exercises ( swim if you are a runner, run if you are a swimmer) this can help kick start it also.

But honestly I wam wanting the answer also.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/206.8/176

Height: 5'10

I am a little unclear on the salt issue. I know we are not supposed to consume lots of salt due to water retention, but salt really does not affect your real fat loss? We are on a jouirney of losing fat, not water, right?
GoalDec20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalDec20 View Post
I am a little unclear on the salt issue. I know we are not supposed to consume lots of salt due to water retention, but salt really does not affect your real fat loss? We are on a jouirney of losing fat, not water, right?
Well, yes fat loss is the goal, but water retention is never a good thing and makes ya feel yukky! For me, in the front end of my loss, within about 2 weeks, suddenly my ankles weren't swollen anymore when I got home from work of an evening and then I knew I was making headway. And even better, my blood pressure started registering normal for the first time in many many years.

Most foods are already salted, so if you just learn to taste first, then flavor with things like just a little sea salt or the sodium-free spices as Mrs. Dash, Butter buds, it will be good for you!

And perhaps on an unrelated note, but one I like, is that I am a Type 2 diabetic. When I began my A1C (measures blood sugars over a 3-4 month period) was at 7.9. As of just 3 weeks ago, it tests at a normal range of 5.8. Woo Hoo. That is even more important to me than my actual weight loss!

And drinking the water assists with all this as well, so drink up everyone. It is okay to drink more than the 64 oz per day. When my urine is regularly running clear, that is when I show weight loss. I try to get 100-120 oz per week.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 10-15-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

salt/water retention merely masks any fat loss
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

it's natural to lose quickly the first few weeks or days, but then later it's a slower loss. not a plateu. 2# a week is great! keep going!
try to focus on your nsv's. challenge yourself.
increase your strength.
walk/run farther.
push yourself, you can do more than you realize.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

If you are still moving downward, it's not a plateau. My plateau hit right as I was about to go under 300 lbs, and then I bounced around between 301-304 pounds for 4 stinking months with no downward motion. Sometimes hormones and water retention can mask loss. Also, during my plateau, the scale wouldn't budge but I lost an inch on my waist. My body was just tightening up. Just keep going and you will get there eventually.
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3''

Yeah, I would love a 1 lb loss. I hit a plateu last week and I'm up 1.5 lbs no matter what I do. I have upped my exercise and I think this has a lot to do with it. I was told several different things by my center and by different people. Some are telling me if I work out to much I might have to switch to metabalance and today I was given the meta-protein menu to try. We will c....
Cassondra00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

A few tips:
1. Make sure you are weighing and measuring ALL your foods, even veggies.
2. Be honest in your food journal - every bite counts.
3. Try switching up your foods. I added in ground turkey or bison to my breakfast routine instead of just eggs/cheese. It really helped!
4. Great idea above - try a new exercise.
5. I know it sounds weird, but check the carb count on your gum. I was chewing "sugar free" gum that had 2-3g carbs a few times a day...oh oh! When I switched, things picked up. sigh.

I tend to plateau for at least a week-10 days every month. It's just what my body does. Keep on the plan and you will be great!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Plateaus are normal -- and temporary. Drink plenty of water, keep doing what works, and if you can squeeze in a few extra minutes of exercise a few times a week, it will pass more quickly.
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Well, yes fat loss is the goal, but water retention is never a good thing and makes ya feel yukky! For me, in the front end of my loss, within about 2 weeks, suddenly my ankles weren't swollen anymore when I got home from work of an evening and then I knew I was making headway. And even better, my blood pressure started registering normal for the first time in many many years.

Most foods are already salted, so if you just learn to taste first, then flavor with things like just a little sea salt or the sodium-free spices as Mrs. Dash, Butter buds, it will be good for you!

And perhaps on an unrelated note, but one I like, is that I am a Type 2 diabetic. When I began my A1C (measures blood sugars over a 3-4 month period) was at 7.9. As of just 3 weeks ago, it tests at a normal range of 5.8. Woo Hoo. That is even more important to me than my actual weight loss!

And drinking the water assists with all this as well, so drink up everyone. It is okay to drink more than the 64 oz per day. When my urine is regularly running clear, that is when I show weight loss. I try to get 100-120 oz per week.
@Joy2MeNu - WAY TO GO! Getting your A1C down that quick is hard to do - I'm amazed! I was diagnosed pre-diabetic a few weeks before I started this program - it sounds like it has done wonders for you!?! Have you noticed any sugar dips or highs? I didn't until this past weekend and had to bump up my HNS' to 5/day. Have you had to do anything like that?
ImOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #12  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOverIt View Post
@Joy2MeNu - WAY TO GO! Getting your A1C down that quick is hard to do - I'm amazed! I was diagnosed pre-diabetic a few weeks before I started this program - it sounds like it has done wonders for you!?! Have you noticed any sugar dips or highs? I didn't until this past weekend and had to bump up my HNS' to 5/day. Have you had to do anything like that?

No, I have not noticed lows and/or highs. I just feel great. I believe the serious amount of walking really helped naturally to lower my blood sugar also!
So, the good news, you might never have to hear that you are a diabetic -- cause you are ahead of it and can turn it around now! All the best!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote