South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Smile Help weight plateau

Hey guys,

I am only day 11 of phase one and in the first 5 days last 2kg (4.4lb) but since then nothing! I'm still eating the same (apart from berries on Sunday) and am doing a little exercise but nothing is coming off!

Any suggestions??

And wanted to say thanks heaps to the people that answered my questions the other day :-)

Am so looking forward to getting to phase two, not long now!! Lemon pies for breakfast has been my savour, can't stand eggs :-)
cassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I think it is very common to stall like that. In my opinion, it is your body catching up to the fast water loss. Just keep on plan and eventually the scale will move again. Also, take measurements - sometimes you see changes there even when your weight does not.

BTW - I rarely ate eggs for breakfast. For months now I have been eating the crockpot refried beans (from the recipe section) and before that I ate a lot of leftovers, including soup. Think outside the egg box
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.0/177/145

Height: 5'4

WaistingTime, i too eat just regular food for breakfast...anything from an Asian stir fry to soup or whatever. Nice to see someone else who doesn't think that is freaky.

Cass, I wouldn't call where you are so early in the game a plateau. Your body is just checking everything all out!
Mirabai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

even 4 lbs. in 11 days is pretty good. you're not quite at a plateau yet. give your body some time to catch up to what it has been doing.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #5  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I agree with what everyone else has said... At first you lose water then it takes your body some time to catch up... A plateau is much longer than a few days... Just stick with it and the weight will come off!

I also eat regular food for breakfast. usually leftovers. cold vegetarian chili is a favorite of mine as well as the refried beans Karen mentioned!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2

Great thanks for all your help. I knew it wasn't quite the word for it but didn't know what to call it. I know its normal, am just frustrated but actually stepped on the scale today and lost another .5kg (1.1lb) so im happy its going down.
Just needed to hear some encouragement i think!
Will try out some different things for breakfast, i am looking forward to phase two where i can start having oatmeal again. Think i will make oatmeal muesli.

Thanks again. How are all you doing by the way?
cassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I know its scary but it may be time to put the scale away and only weigh weekly...

Im doing fine, thanks for asking Join us in the Daily thread for some chit chat each day!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote