Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday November 30, 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Here is the link back to yesterday's conversations!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-2010-a-2.html

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #3  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Height: 5'6"

Smile

It's a chilly morning here in Saskatchewan and I for one can not believe it is the last day of November already....Christmas is creaping up WAY too fast...

Just relecting on the last few weeks and how good I have felt.... IP has been a bit of a challenge but man oh man has it been worth it!! Have had friends tell me "look at you" and ask "what have you been doing?".... Puts a smile on my face when someone notices and I haven't told them that I have been doing the IP program.

My daughter is going to be 13 in two days.... I am excited yet sad all at the same time... My 'little' girl is growing up SO fast.... I am stumpted on what to get her for her special day... She has a couple of rings and a necklace (that her dad, my ex had given me) and rarely wears them so I don't think that is the way to go...... Anyone have any thoughts on a 'perfect' gift for a girl turning into a teenager???

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone....
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

you know what? had a urge for some cheese.... and instead of eating a WHOLE WHEEL of camembert.... took 1/4 and mmmmmmmmm so good... pkg said 0 carb.... 70 for fat.... so YAY.... scale did not move... now...had my treat, back on track... so just a lil bit of cheese wont kick you out of ketosis correct? I think it takes a hit of sugar and or carbs to do that.....
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #5  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you all have a terrific day with staying on protocol, NSV's and WI's. Today is WI #7 and I'm hoping for a few more lbs to be gone for good. It is gratifying to go from size 16 to 13 and am now noticing that the 13's are getting loose and saggy!
Thanks to everyone for all your posts and information. Sometimes when the diet gets you down this forum is just the right place to get encouragement and motivation.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie just started today....a bit clueless...HELP! :)

Hello,
I have enjoyed reading all about ideal protein and alot of these threads.

I just started today. Went and bought all my food for a week, met with coach etc. Then inhaled a shake at noon, a bar at 130...because I thought I would be in meetings at work all day and hadn't eaten at all because I wanted to start this program today, so fasting until noon. Came home after shopping for required food and made a lean steak for dinner with asparagus and 4 cups of veggies, all the vitamins for dinner, then cappuccino drink as last one for the day, drowning in water all day.

Haha probably not recommended on how to do things I'm sure. Will have a better schedule tomorrow but didn't want to delay even one day. I've seen such amazing results in friends etc.

My concern is in reading I see some people say not to eat "restricted items" (is that the bars?) the first 3 weeks, and it seems debatable about the exercise? And something about keeping heartrate down? Now I'm a bit confused (coach didn't mention any of these and said to eat one of those bars a day) and I REALLY want the maximum weight loss and have no desire to cheat (she says after only one day). Should I not eat the bars and go get something from the Clinic to replace them for a few weeks?

Thanks...Sorry for the long winded post. (is this where I should be posting??)

Clueless... and so happy to be here!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!!!

25 days until

Inspirational thought for today: Difficult is not impossible. Be willing to embrace what is difficult. And you'll open your life to the best of what is possible.

Have a wonderful IP day!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #8  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all, Nice sunny cold day in Medicine Hat. It is really hard to be sick on this diet. I wake up early which normally is wonderful but now I just want to sleep and I can't, too much energy to just lay on the couch. Making orange pankaces for breakfast then find some mindless tv to watch for the rest of the day. Any suggestions for great movies to watch? Thanks ladies, have an awesome day!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #9  

wrenae1968 Ideal Protein is a wonderful Eating Program, you will do great!!

When I started in April we weren't allowed any restricted foods for the 1st 3 weeks, but the new protocol says you can have 1 everyday. Personally, I would NOT eat a restricted for the 1st 3 weeks if you want the best weight lose. But that is a personal choice.

We also were told that because we were on such a calorie restricted intake that NO EXERCISE for the 1st while, depending on how much you have to loose.

Please come here daily to post any questions, comments etc!!! This forum is the best tool for success!! So much information, encouragement and friendship here.

Also, please invest time into reading through the stickies and threads, there is a ton of wonderful information there.

Have a great day!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good morning all, Nice sunny cold day in Medicine Hat. It is really hard to be sick on this diet. I wake up early which normally is wonderful but now I just want to sleep and I can't, too much energy to just lay on the couch. Making orange pankaces for breakfast then find some mindless tv to watch for the rest of the day. Any suggestions for great movies to watch? Thanks ladies, have an awesome day!
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well...not a nice thing. Hope you feel better soon.

-14 C. in Manitoba today, no wind so not too bad outside!!! Yep...I can say that as I have NO plans to go outside today...going to stay close to the fire and catch up on housework!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #11  

From yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
The very best answer! It made me think, though. Even though people post their pictures here it's their intangible self that I think we remember and respond to. At least I do. And there are so many truly kind and thoughtful people here. I don't think of anyone, frankly, as being overweight. In many ways, it isn't an issue. It's what people are that counts.

Sorry. That sounds like a platitude. I don't mean it that way at all.
Great observation, Linden... this was precisely what my niece was talking about -- my attitude, my energy, my self-confidence, my inner-Sheshie... of course, she was thrilled about my appearance too, but she's a keen observer of personalities & was glad to see the Sheshie she knew when she was growing up reappearing...

hugs
Old 11-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150.4/137.4/125

Height: 5' 3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
you know what? had a urge for some cheese.... and instead of eating a WHOLE WHEEL of camembert.... took 1/4 and mmmmmmmmm so good... pkg said 0 carb.... 70 for fat.... so YAY.... scale did not move... now...had my treat, back on track... so just a lil bit of cheese wont kick you out of ketosis correct? I think it takes a hit of sugar and or carbs to do that.....
i really hope that its ok too - i have been so hungry in the mornings that i can hardly wait for 11am to eat my lunch. i just ate 1/2 oz of low fat string cheese - 0 fat, 60 cals and 1 gram of carbs. My hope is that it can get me to lunch! I used to have a diet coke but after reading all about them, i can't use that as my crutch to get me to lunch.
I had WI4 last nite - lost 1.6 #s which i know i should celebrate but after 3 weeks of losing less than 2#s each week, i almost think i could do that myself with lots of excerise and watching what i eat. Sorry to moan but just feeling grumpy.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #13  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Hello,
I have enjoyed reading all about ideal protein and alot of these threads.

I just started today. Went and bought all my food for a week, met with coach etc. Then inhaled a shake at noon, a bar at 130...because I thought I would be in meetings at work all day and hadn't eaten at all because I wanted to start this program today, so fasting until noon. Came home after shopping for required food and made a lean steak for dinner with asparagus and 4 cups of veggies, all the vitamins for dinner, then cappuccino drink as last one for the day, drowning in water all day.

Haha probably not recommended on how to do things I'm sure. Will have a better schedule tomorrow but didn't want to delay even one day. I've seen such amazing results in friends etc.

My concern is in reading I see some people say not to eat "restricted items" (is that the bars?) the first 3 weeks, and it seems debatable about the exercise? And something about keeping heartrate down? Now I'm a bit confused (coach didn't mention any of these and said to eat one of those bars a day) and I REALLY want the maximum weight loss and have no desire to cheat (she says after only one day). Should I not eat the bars and go get something from the Clinic to replace them for a few weeks?

Thanks...Sorry for the long winded post. (is this where I should be posting??)

Clueless... and so happy to be here!

Most have found greater success waiting to use restricted items sparingly after the first threee weeks. If you can do it go for it! If you can't then you can have one a day but it can slow down your weight loss. Since you generally lose the most on your first week, it's a good idea to wait. As for exercise... no exercise the first three weeks, after that it needs to be low impact. You can read more on what type of exercise is best on the exercise thread. Walking is a good idea for most people. Some do a bit more intensity.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #14  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default First weigh in is tonight!!!

Hello all!

Today actually marks my 9th day on IP!!
My first weigh in is tonight!!! (I started a day earlier then planned because i was eager so my weigh in is a day late!)

Very excited to see the progress, but nervous too

I had no cheats so im hoping for 5 lbs.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

@ wrenae1968-
My coach told me to not have any restricted items for the first 3 weeks if i want maximum results.
Maybe it differs depending on your coach?

QUICK QUESTION: Where can i get Ketostix????
Old 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

hope it goes well tonight jules! Good Luck I have my second WI tomorrow morning... im hoping for maybe 3 pounds my scale at home jumps every day to something different but still never reached what the coach's scale was so who the heck knows! all i know is ive moved 2 notches in my belt and i have the saggy butt sydrome in my jeans!! NOT COMPLAINING!! hahaa
Closed Thread