General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2010, 01:59 AM   #1  

Default Broke up with him but feeling dumped

Just broke up with the love of my life because he constantly puts me down...it feels awful....feels like I got dumped...sent a text message to his friend to ask for help getting back together and the friend told the new ex I texted him I was single, and a Facebook chat ensued where the new ex verbally abused me and I begged him to take me back, now he won't even answer the phone....and I feel so awful...
tiggergirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #2  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh honey I feel for you, I know how much it can hurt and it may not be the easiest thing to get over but the best advice I can give is that success is the best revenge! The ex doesn't sound like much and neither does his friend concentrate on yourself and be happy you don't have to deal with that type negativity in your journey to a healthier you!
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #3  
Reforming Cheese Addict

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Remember he is an ex for a reason! It hurts right now, but eventually it WILL get better! When you believe that you deserve better is when people will start to treat you the way you deserve to be treated.. and honey, you deserve way better than someone that is constantly bringing you down.
SheriWantsToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

do not waste any more of your time. you may love him but just from the little bit you said it doesn't seem like he loves you very much, and it's not because you are unlovable it's because it is beyond his capacity.

i spent a long time- i'm talking years- trying to get over a high school relationship because i could not come to terms with the fact that he didn't love me. i felt like there was something wrong with me, i was fundamentally unlovable, and you know what? i still struggle with these things and it's been like 12 years. i wasted way too much time on a boy who i was obsessed with and who frankly did not deserve what i had to offer.
in short- eff him!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

You have low self-esteem, amirite? First, let me give you a hug.

You don't need someone putting you down. You don't need his approval OR his brand of love, because it isn't healthy. It's hard, but move on. I'm in a similar situation right. this. minute. Only I'm married with kids to think about.

Try to "detox" yourself from him. Delete him on Facebook, ignore any calls or texts from him, avoid talking to him. It will take time, but it WILL get better, I PROMISE.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The love of your life? More like some a$$hole who doesn't deserve to be loved again if he treated you that way.

You never have to be with someone who treats you badly. Move onwards and upwards. Be with friends - it's an important time for you to stay distracted and firmly supported. Stay strong, hearts don't break - they just bruise a bit.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #7  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
The love of your life? More like some a$$hole who doesn't deserve to be loved again if he treated you that way.

You never have to be with someone who treats you badly. Move onwards and upwards. Be with friends - it's an important time for you to stay distracted and firmly supported. Stay strong, hearts don't break - they just bruise a bit.
I agree, look I'm sure we've all been through **** like this at least once in our life. and Honestly months ago I was in the situation as well with a liar and a cheater who verbally abused me and kept me isolated of everyone...It sucks because when you let go of people whom use you, and you know you've done it for the right reasons it still hurts; because we don't have that someone (good or bad) there anymore with us and we feel so much more alone.

You're in a state of shock at the moment and under desperate measures to get him back because of the fear of the unknown. In reality though people who treat you like garbage don't respect you and never will, and with them constantly not respecting you, YOU will NEVER respect yourself. I get it break ups suck, but what's even worse is being with a piece of crap like that who will constantly bring you down to MAKE himself feel better, because that's what guys like that do. They are pathetic, useless and a waste of space.

Allow yourself breathing room, cry all you can and let out your anger and frusteration even if it's writing it in a blog. Give yourself a week to cry about it. You'll start to feel better about it, once you give yourself breathing room and time to concentraite on yourself. Forget him move on, there is soo much better out there and let's say their isn't. It's better to be alone and happy then to be miserable and with garbage like that.

MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote