Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #1  

Default Join now or wait?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently losing weight with another program and while I'm having moderate success with it, I'm not happy. The plan is very inflexible which doesn't work well for me so I'm thinking about switching to WW but with the new plan coming out, I'm wondering if I should switch now or wait.

With the holidays coming up, I'm thinking the flexibility of WW might help me enjoy the holidays more. I'm planning on joining online.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The new plan is coming out on Sunday.It will be released on Monday online though.I am not sure if you should join now or not.The message boards on the site are free to anyone,if you wait a few days to join you could spend the next few days browsing the boards.On the boards they have been telling people join now and start the new plan in a few days.Personally I would wait since the new plan is different,what's a couple days right.
WW is an excellent plan,I am a lifetimer who gained some back and am recommitting to getting the weight off.I am very excited about the new plan.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #3  

I called the 1-800 number and they explained that the switch over should be fairly "seamless" so I decided to go ahead and join online now. I figured that way I'd have a current "points budget" to keep in mind over the Thanksgiving holiday rather than wait until after and go all weekend unrestrained. I am going to wait to purchase support items like journals, point calculators etc. until after the switch over is complete. Kind of splitting the difference.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #4  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Sunday, wow, they told me on the 1-800 line that the plan was not going to be out until Jan 28th.

Maybe the person was new or something? Got her info wrong? Or maybe she was thinking of the advertising of the plan?
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #5  

I don't know, but I went ahead and joined. I figured having the structure of any plan would be helpful through the holiday weekend.

There's a big banner on the online page that says the new plan starts next week so I'm thinking that Monday is more likely correct. The 1-800 person that I spoke to said that the new tools (point calculators, companion books etc) *might* even be available for sale at my local center now but to call first as it's not scheduled until next week.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

That is great nicmom! So are you starting today or monday?? so glad you've joined us!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #7  

I figured I might as well start right away. My MRC approved b-fast was fairly low in points but who-wee, I had some starch with my lunch and I was STARVING the rest of the day. I ended up going over points. I only have 18 per day so I'll be dipping into the weeklies on a regular basis. I had hoped to kind of save them for the weekend though. I've got a batch of the zero pt. soup in the crockpot so I'll be ok. I suppose it's fairly unrealistic to expect the week of Thanksgiving to be a 100% OP week. Thing is though, with WW I feel like it IS possible and I'm rather looking forward to the challenge, rather than feeling defeated and dreading the holiday trip. I think I'm going to really like the new WW plan too. From what I've seen, it will work even better for me, I think. The extra protein with MRC did help me not feel hungry and keeping refined carb portions in check is also helpful for me.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi there Nicmom and Spryng. Guess what? I am also switching over. I have been stalled on MRC for too long and the program helped me lose alot but now I think I need to change before I give up all together. I need more variety and some calcium and fiber back in my lfe. I also don't want to spend money on a program that I am not losing larger amounts on. My average for the past 6 weeks has been only 1/2 lb. per week and when I weighed in on Monday after being perfect for 4 days and gained a 1/2 lb I knew I had to make a change. I love the girls at my center but they said it was because I had 3 meal repl bars in 5 days. Seriously, with as little as I was eating on the program I can not beleive that would do it, I think I just need more food and more variety and exercize. I am starting to follow the program now but probably won't ofically join until next week, possibly the week after since I am going on a 3 day cruise next Friday. Looking forward to posting with you both and getting to know others on this board.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #9  

Cool!
Enjoy your cruise. Hopefully no spam or poptarts. I'm only two days in on WW and up 1.5 pounds from my lowest MRC weight and after a traditional Thanksgiving meal I'm out of points...used up all my weeklies and two activity points and I still have to get through the rest of the week visiting with family but I'm sooo much happier and feeling better. I exercised before hitting the road this morning and did 30 minutes on the hotel elliptical this evening. Good thing too. I needed that extra point!! MRC was a good jump start but just not a good fit from me.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmom24 View Post
Cool!
Enjoy your cruise. Hopefully no spam or poptarts. I'm only two days in on WW and up 1.5 pounds from my lowest MRC weight and after a traditional Thanksgiving meal I'm out of points...used up all my weeklies and two activity points and I still have to get through the rest of the week visiting with family but I'm sooo much happier and feeling better. I exercised before hitting the road this morning and did 30 minutes on the hotel elliptical this evening. Good thing too. I needed that extra point!! MRC was a good jump start but just not a good fit from me.
I'm up 3 from my lowest MRC weight but that has to do with water retention with adding some carbs back into my diet. I also went waaaay off program on Monday after the terrible weigh in. So, I am ok with that. Hopefully I will be in one-derland by the 1st of the year. That is my short term goal.

I am glad you are feeling better. I am too. I feel like a wieght has been lifted from my shoulders.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230.4/215.6/150

Height: 5ft 2in

Hi! Rejoined WW online about 4 weeks ago for the thousandth time. New to this site as well, looking for support. Anxious to learn about the changes in the program.
ChristineForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #12  

I am debating that same question. I rejoined 3fc after reading info on the new WW program. I was researching the new program and looks like it may FINALLY help me. But do I join tonight or wait till Monday? Decisions, decisions..
TerriB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriB View Post
I am debating that same question. I rejoined 3fc after reading info on the new WW program. I was researching the new program and looks like it may FINALLY help me. But do I join tonight or wait till Monday? Decisions, decisions..
I called the 800 # and they sent me a email coupon for 50% off of the first month of the monthly pass/ Only 19.99 if anyone wants the coupon email me at [email protected] and i will forward it to you. I signed up for the montly pass and will go to my 1st meeting on Monday.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

That is so great you joined us Sherral! I am definitely happy on ww for sure, I think my body just needed the carbs or something, I lost over 3 lbs my first week! I don't think I'll lose that much this week as I kinda went off the last 2 days.. gonna try to hop back on the wagon today but with family still here until tomorrow it's really hard!!! I would love that coupon too, can you pm it to me or do you need my email?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
That is so great you joined us Sherral! I am definitely happy on ww for sure, I think my body just needed the carbs or something, I lost over 3 lbs my first week! I don't think I'll lose that much this week as I kinda went off the last 2 days.. gonna try to hop back on the wagon today but with family still here until tomorrow it's really hard!!! I would love that coupon too, can you pm it to me or do you need my email?
I don't think I can pm, as I need to actually forward the coupon. I am happy to be on this plan now too. I was stalling really bad but so far in just a couple days I can see the scale going down. I think my body needed the carbs too. sorry if this is TMI but I am actually able to go potty again. I feel terrific and tonight I am going out with my daughter and some friends and I am counting my sangria and pizza. I feel so liberated

I have not told the girls at the center yet. I really love and appreciate them but my body just was not tolerating the plan any longer.

I am happy for you losing 3 so quickly. For sure this plan is bettter for you. I had planned to use WW for maintenance, so i just started early. Get back on as soon as you can and if you don't want to email me you can call the 800 number and ask them to send you the coupon. It will be worth it to get to the meetings for a month to get all the instruction on the new program.

have a good weekend!