Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #243 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turlte was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Judy! Thanks so much for starting the new thread and keeping us going! Yes - I agree about the cookies... DIL and I have a cookie baking day every year and we decided this year to just stick to a handful of recipes and not make so many as we have in years past. I am not sure that the men in the family will be thrilled but I am thinking of other things to put out for us and others to snack on when they stop over instead of the usual cookies and stuffed candy dishes... I was at Sam's club the other day and they have a huge nut selection and fruit baskets... thinking that might be the way to go, fill the candy dishes with nuts in the shell and have a large basket of fresh fruit on the table. It sounds like Christmas is going to be a very busy but family filled holiday for you, what a wonderful thing. Take care and have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-18-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! We are to have a nice weekend here with a bit warmer temps and sunny skies which means we can get the last of the leaves raked up and some final winterization done. We have a wedding to go to on Sunday afternoon - not sure I have ever been to a wedding on a Sunday before but it should be fun. I put the crockpot going this morning with some beef cubes, mushrooms and onions in it with a seasoning packet so I will only have to boil some noodles and steam up a veggie this evening.

W/I went well for me last night, I was down 1.8 lbs so that is good. We did not have the meeting because the leader and some others were not there so I got home early, had some supper and went to bed early, I needed the sleep very badly so it all worked out for the best.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
: and

The above is a pat on the back for all of us. If you're doing great, keep on keepin' on. If you'd like to do better (me), take the pat on your back as encouragement and fix what needs fixing. If you're doing terribly, take the pat on the back as encouragement from all the turtles, chime in and let other Turtles help you! you all!!!!!!!

Princess, weigh to go! That's a great weight loss. You've had so much going on with the bath remodel, all the birthdays and eating out. Whew! And yet you put your mind to it and lost great this week. : I love the : thingy. It's so much fun----not quite as much fun as losing weight. LOL.
I like your ideas of finding a solution for cookies at Christmas. I'm cutting back, but beyond that I didn't have any plans. Your plans are good and I'll do the same. Also, one tip. My daughter had us over for snacks before we went to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas Spectacular. She had several things available, but an impressive idea was to put pretty red shiny apples on a square white plate. She must have had a dozen on the plate, arranged flat out, not tiered. Well, it looked so chic and appetizing that I actually had an apple rather than the other stuff. Pretty and WW friendly.

Okay, I've gotta run and get some stuff done here. Best wishes to all the Turtles . Keep drinking that water and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 11-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - congratulations! Nice job at the scales.

Judy - great tips and motivation for us all, thanks.

Well, it is sunny but cold up here but I plan on raking more leaves as well.
Also time to pull out remaining plants in front garden and I am now off work for holidays, so next week I can do some outdoor decorating.

I met with the weight loss coach even though our challenge was over and dropped 3.8 since my last weigh in with her 2 weeks ago, so was happy with that. She had a big list of statistics but hard to remember whats what, so she is emailing me the information so I have something for reference.
So I had to miss my Tops meeting due to this & that is what I go by for my offical loss. Anyway, still staying on track and getting in my walks.

Me and a friend signed up for 5 hot yoga classes, which will be new for me.
I have not even done regular yoga - but I think this might be something I will enjoy.

Princess - your crockpot meal sounds really good, something for me to start before leaving for work & all done when I get home.

All - hope you are all staying on track.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #6  

Default New Member?

Hello!

I have been back in Weight Watchers about 10 weeks now. I am looking for all of the support that I can get. I am a definite stress eater. I have been fighting that really hard for the last two weeks and am proud to say that I have not given in to my urges to eat everything in my kitchen! I would love to join your group if possible? Thanks!
Goal2Be1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #7  

Goal2be1 - Welcome! I am 27 and have 3 small little ones.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Welcome Got2be1. I am a stress eater also. Congrats on not giving into stress eating. I am floater in and out. Nursing school and life usually kicks my butt.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all. Rainy here today and that wonderful weekened weather that they were calling for must have gone somewhere else... LOL because we did not really get it. It was foggy and misty but at least it was not super cold. We did get the leaves all raked up and bagged so that is pretty much done for the winter, we need to get the yard furniture put away and the hoses detached and put away but other than that we are pretty much ready. Oh yeah, still need to buy that snow blower... LOL - but we will be getting that here soon too. While we were raking leaves a stray dog came up to us... she was not in terrible shape but not great either and was dragging a lead behind her that she must have broken... looks like she had been homeless for a little while. UGH - I just can never say no and she was looking for help... you could tell she was in need. So we have her with us for now but she is young and energetic so we will try and find her owner and if that does not work then we will try and find her a home. She is a really sweet dog, not sure she has been treated so well in the past so that whole finding her owner thing is a bit gut wrenching - just not sure what to do but we have two and really are not looking to add another one at this time.

Food was iffy over the weekend but it is another week starting and I am back on track. Exercise is really where I need to get my butt in gear! Time seems to be the big issue with that so there is something that I need to work on without stressing myself out too much.

Bandit: congrats on getting the leaves done and the weight loss, really - you are doing fabulous!!! Have a great holiday!

Judy: I hope that you are doing and feeling well! How was your weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing, anything special planned for the holiday?

Life: How was your weekend? Are you ready for the Holiday? Seems to be so much to do to get ready for one day... LOL.

Goal2be1: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us! I think that you will find that most of us are stress eaters here in one way or another... I look forward to you joining our group and getting to know you!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-22-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #10  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Hi turtles! Just a quick note to say that I'm still here, recovering from vacation (which only set me back 2.8 lbs from over 2 weeks totally off plan) and will try to catch up with everything here and the news coming out about the new WW plan.

For those of you getting ready for Thanksgiving - enjoy and good luck with your plans!

Now off to shovel snow that accumulated while we were away...
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
to Goal2Be1. Of course you're welcome here. As Princess says we're probably all stress eaters. The good thing is that as you go on and chime in here you get good ides about what others are doing to counter the impulses to eat. You're doing great! Let us know more about yourself.

Bandit, : You're doing great! My goodness. I love how you've tackled your weight loss!

Princess, you are so good hearted to take in the stray dog. That sounds just like you. Hey, how is you dil coming along? You must be so excited to look forward to a grandchild.

Cherry, good to see you're here.

Life4evr, not easy to keep everything in balance especially with a demanding nursing program, but I love how you're working hard at this.

Tessa, how are you doing?

KimL, how are you?

To all the turtles, we've got the first eating holiday coming right at us. Here's a tip that I want to do this year. Not only do I like the Thanksgiving food, I also like it the next day. LOL. This year as I put away the leftovers, I am going to make up a plate for myself, plastic wrap it, put it in fridge. Then as I eat well on Friday, I'll know that my dinner is all measured out and good for me. Honestly, eating a veggie burger for dinner on Friday won't work, but knowing that I've got some goodies for "dinner" all set to go will stop me from high calorie snacking during the day. I did this last year and it worked.

My doctor just called and he's changing one of my meds. I think it will enable me to lose weight a bit better. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Gotta run and walk!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!
Judy
234.6/190.2/? but hoping to lose weight this year. :col:
Old 11-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #12  
Chick

Hey Peanutt, good to hear from you!!! You and I posted at the same time.
Judy
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #13  

Hi turtles:

Princess - The stray dog found you for a reason, and it will probably be better off either with you or a new home since you said it looked like it was probably neglected. Poor thing - but things happen for a reason and that is one lucky dog to have you.

Judy - that is a really good tip for your leftovers and you are right, who really wants a veggie burger with leftover holiday food. Portion control is key & you are right on track with that.

Goal - welcome to our group, super ladies here. I am sure you will enjoy reading all the good advice.

Cherry - good to see you chiming in.

All - hope you are all doing great. Enjoy your upcoming holiday.

It is raining up here so glad I dealt with my leaves on weekend. So indoor
chores for today & my walk/swim later. I roasted chicken yesterday and
make pasta sauce & spag squash, so have my lunch & dinners planned out for next 2 days.

Hard to believe Christmas is so close. I now have 4 invitations and they all include food/drinks. So really have to stay focussed before/after each outting.

Lets all have a great week at the scales!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #14  

Bandit: I know you have told me this before and I apologize for asking again, but how do you prepare Spag. Squash again? I really want to try that here soon but have never done the sqaush part. Thanks!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #15  

Hi Princess - You can poke holes in it and microwave then scoop out insides and rest use your fork and rake it out OR I prefer poking holes with knife and put whole thing in oven and bake at 300 for about 1/2 hour or until soft then
let it sit til it cools off then cut in half, scoop out seeds and rake out rest with your fork. I find the oven method much better and it seems softer and cook right through. That is how I have been doing it and it turns out good.
Even with a small squash you end up with lots.