South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Maddening Monday Chat

So I got the study painted (2 coats) and my hair dyed and now I'm sitting down relaxing an watching Family Guy. I was going to make some pumpkin bread just to test out the recipe but I've decided to skip it.

Plans for today are to get up early to go vote in the runoff elections, go to the gym, go to work, and then go to the gym again. After adding in my 4 hours of painting from today I'm real close to meeting my goal for this month. Yay!!!

What are your plans for today??? Is everybody ready for Thanksgiving???
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Natasha, good for you for going to the gym. I am having coffee with a friend and then going to the doctor, but I owe them hundreds of dollrs from the accident and I don't think they will see me until I pay and I have yet to settle

I am still coughing really bad, I am still going for my walk though, I guess if I start coughing we canm turn around.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Natasha, I like the red in your study! I bet the dramatic color change makes it look entirely different. I'm just about ready for Thanksgiving, I just have to run out for rolls on Wednesday and will do a little last minute tidying up on Thursday morning.

Beloved, a friend of mine swears by Delsyn to calm her coughing. I hope you're starting to feel better soon.

I'm looking forward to a short work week, as next week I'll be staying at the farm with the girls while Cindy & Richard are in England. The girls have 1/2 days this week because of conferences, so it will be fun to have them home in the afternoons. They both have dental appointments this afternoon, and then piano lessons, so that will fill up our day today.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
I'm going to really try to be very disciplined for the next 3 days. I've just been so off plan lately and getting lazy since the holidays are coming up and I know I'll cheat. I've been slacking off in the exercise department too. Just so much going on - but of course, that's no excuse. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to go post on the on plan thread now.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Natasha - So does your hair match the walls?

Beloved - I swear by fresh ginger tea (made with ginger root) with a fresh lemon squeezed in. Honestly honey is the best sweetener but it's not SBD approved so use your judgment about sweeteners. Agave would probably work almost as well. I drank pots of it last week and it really settles things down. Hope you start to feel better today.

Cottage - Have fun with your girls.

I've got an easy week. I have one on-sight meeting today and one tomorrow, both in the same area. The rest of my time will be spent on the phone and doing data entry. I've got enough data clean-up to last me right through the holidays.

Right now I'm enjoying my early coffee and thinking about dinner. Should I toss something into the crockpot or make something later? Big decisions

Hope your Monday is a breeze and temptations stay away.

ETA - good morning Mathilda It's a tough time of year. My body just wants to get ready to hibernate - extra fat and less activity Keep planning and checking in, we can all get through this.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-22-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good Morning!

Natasha, you are one bundle of energy! Congratulations on finishing your painting and on being so close to your Nov exercise goal already! I'd love to see your den - I'm planning to paint my kitchen a deep red over Christmas break. My family is nervous about it, but they're all anxious for me to cover up the butterscotch color that they were all nervous about the last time I painted....

Beloved, I'm glad you're going to see a doctor about your cough - 11 years ago I ignored a bad cough that turned out to be pneumonia. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days and I've struggled with pulmonary problems ever since. I'll be praying that there's no problem with your account.

Good morning Linda, have you and Jake recovered from yesterday?

Fergie is driving to Massachusetts this morning to pick up my mom. He's getting ready to leave now so that they'll get back around the same time I get home from school. Originally I had planned to take a personal day to go get her myself because she's bringing her cat and I expect it's going to be a noisy, hair raising ride. Now, I'm not comfortable doing that because I was out for a week earlier this month. I've got one of Fergie's favorite meals planned for supper - I'm thinking I'm going to owe him big time for this favor!

Hi Matilda, I'm struggling too but really focusing on it this weekend has helped. And wearing my best fitting (tightest) clothes is helping too. I cleaned and baked in a newer pair of slacks all weekend instead of the elastic waist warm up style pants I usually wear for those kinds of chores.

Cyndi, your comment to Natasha gave me a giggle.
It's good to read that you have an 'easy week'. After this fall you sure deserve it!

Good morning to those who haven't checked in yet.
Have a great Monday friends!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #7  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

P90X - one down, 89 to go. Eek. Not as bad as I thought, but definitely hard. My trainer at the gym works me hard too so I guess that helped make P90X not seem quite so evil.

I work this week through Wednesday, then a four day weekend. Today I've got left over white chicken chili for lunch - can't wait.

Dinner is something new with chicken (my husband hasn't given me any details yet, ha ha!).

Good morning, all!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #8  

Good morning Heidi! Yes, we're all recovered from yesterday's events, LOL! My brother is stopping by after work today to check things out and then he'll be back Wednesday to start remodeling the bathroom. Ack!!!! Just what I need, right before Thanksgiving, but I've wanting the bathroom redone for a while and at least it's finally getting done.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We got our skiff of snow last night with more to come. I slept in this morning so I'm in a tizzy to get some coffee, get the pups out and keep going on my carpets (while I'm in the mood)! I was going to have someone do them this summer the same week that both Mom and Rudi fell and they're really bad! I want to get this spot drying since I have to move all the furniture, then I'll be back.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #10  

Good morning Heidi! Yes, we're all recovered from yesterday's events, LOL! My brother is stopping by after work today to check things out and then he'll be back Wednesday to start remodeling the bathroom. Ack!!!! Just what I need, right before Thanksgiving, but I've wanting the bathroom redone for a while and at least it's finally getting done. Tell Fergie I wish him a safe trip, getting your mother!

Cyndi, I'm glad you are finally having an easy week after the hectic schedule you've been putting in the last few months!

Annie, I'm impressed that you are doing that P90X! Let us know what your DH ends up making with the chicken!

Debbie, how much snow are you expecting to get? I bet it makes everything look festive. BTW, while you're in the carpet cleaning mode, mine could use a good shampooing.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-22-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
Good morning everyone,
I'm going to really try to be very disciplined for the next 3 days. I've just been so off plan lately and getting lazy since the holidays are coming up and I know I'll cheat. I've been slacking off in the exercise department too. Just so much going on - but of course, that's no excuse.
Me too! Ugh.

I am heading to the dentist this morning for a quick check of an area that I can no longer ignore. Sigh. Then I am helping my DH blow insulation into the attic. Sounds messy. He has been working up there for ages trying to insulate after 18 years in the house.

Hope you all are having more fun than me today
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Short week for me as well, work through Wednesday- I took Friday off so I could have a four day weekend.

The shift to Phase 1.5 went well- I think I lost 3-4 lbs on Phase 1- but I expected the scale to not move... I really think I have menopausal things going on- but I know I lost weight as my clothes are loosier so I am just going by what Cat used to do -clothes versus the scale otherwise I will give up again.

Hope everyone has an OP day
Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good Monday morning

Nat, can't believe you got that all done this weekend. The red sure brightens it up. I'll be heading out for my walk in just a few minutes. It's not raining right now but cold and dreary looking with some wind so it's going to be a pretty fast walk (well, as fast as this old lady can go LOL).

Beloved, hope you get in to your doc and he can help you.

Cottage, enjoy your girls and hope you have rested from the other day. Right now we just have one grandchild young enough to still like to come to be with Papa and Gram and we do enjoy him when he can come up but he is so busy at home that it doesn't happen often. How exciting to have a bathroom remodel job started. You should take before and after pictures for us.

Mm, just stay as strong as you can. It will pay off later.

Cyndi, glad your schedule is a little lighter now.

Heidi, DH's can be nice and handy sometimes can't they. Give him an extra hug tonight.

Annie, I have no idea what P90X is but am impressed that you're doing it. I'm planning on making the white chicken chili for dinner tonight. Hope it is as good as some of you are saying.

Lex, you must have gotten our snow as we didn't get any yesterday even though it was predicted. Our big storm is over the Sierra Nevada mountains now and headed your way so take care.

Karen, OMG I remember helping blow insulation into the attic years and years ago. I think I'm still itching! Hope it goes smoothly and hope your dental appt was minor and painless.

Well time to get to walking so will see you all later.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello family! I had a good time watching "For Colored Girls" again. I was able to stay on plan, praise the Lord! Today is my second day back on plan and it's also the day I go back to the doctor's for psych. medicine and a weigh-in! Wish me luck on the weigh in girls! I'm spending Thanksgiving at a friend's house since my parents are in Nigeria so it should be fun doing something new this year. I can't wait till Thanksgiving! Have a productive, on plan day!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Hi all

I'll be back later for personals, I just wanted to report in that I saw the DR.

I have a double ear infection, acute viral bronchitis, pharengitis and something else I can't remember. I have enough drugs to last a long time. I am not usually a drug taker, I am more of a natural girl

Cyndi, I am drinking Yogi Ginger tea, I should brew some fresh.

Be back later
Closed Thread