Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #1  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Default How do you properly measure yourself?

In an effort not to go postal on the weight scale, I've decided to start measuring myself. Should have been doing this. Last week I weighted in at 210. My normal weight day is Sunday morning right after I wake up, after I use the bathroom. Today the damn scale, had the same friggin' number it had last week. Yes, I did have a little detour from my diet this week (see my previous post).I really really pushed myself this week. Refusing to take the elevator at work if I had to go less than 3 stairs up and would walk any amount downward. Worked out every night. Even if it wasn't for a long time, I made sure to do some type activity for at least 20 mins. Cardio, walking, jogging in place. I was so excited to get on the scale today. I mean I SEE my collarbone for the first time in years. Definitely wasn't there two weeks ago. I even tried to poke my shoulders out and suck in my shoulder to see it. (yes I really do do things like that). And I'm starting to see the shape of my face, not just round. And i just KNEW i had lost another pound or two. No. Nada. Nothing. Not even a oz. Same weight to the friggin decimal. *end rant*

So..........how do I properly measure myself? Because I refuse to believe there's been no change all this time. With clothes on? off? help.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #2  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

I feel like I'm just going to be fat forever. I need a hug.

Last edited by ksmommy; 11-21-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

By working out you are shedding fat and building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Use the tape measure as your guide. I have come V~E~R~Y close to throwing my scales out in the middle of the road to see just how many pieces it would break into Hang in there. It WILL move.

I weigh and measure every SAT. I go to my mom's so she can take the measurements, then we record them. I measure neck, bust, waist, hips, thigh, calf, bicep, and forearm. Hope this helps
Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I measure too when the scale stops moving.

You should also take note of your clothes/rings/shoes. I only measure waist and hips and chest and those weren't moving either, but I started noticing that my rings were getting loose!

I didn't even realize my hands were that fat (I have small hands, I didn't realize they could get smaller)!

I also noticed my thighs fitting better in pants (or having those pants be so loose the pants don't look good anymore) or boots fitting better over my calves.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I firmly believe that weight loss lags a week or two behind fat burn: whenever you burn fat, your body holds on to that much water for a week or so and then readjusts--except sometimes it holds on for more or less time. This explains why people go "off plan" and still lose weight--they really lost the fat the week before. Unfortunately, this makes people think they can go off plan for a week without consequence.

As far as measuring goes, I've found that I do bloat up some in the evenings, so I always measure early and naked.
Closed Thread