Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #1  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default I WILL stay on plan

I put this up on my blog, but I thought I'd post it here too because the more I affirm it the more automatic it becomes for me.

Visiting my brother, and taking a road trip, does NOT mean a chance to go off plan and eat a lot of junk. Yes, I will enjoy myself. Yes, I will eat Thanksgiving dinner. But I am in control. And I do not have to eat a ton of calories to enjoy a meal. I can have a moderate amount and still be as satisfied. Eating more of a food doesn’t make it taste any better. And I know I never get to the point where it stops tasting good. So I may as well stop eating well before it is too much.

I will NOT stop for fast food on the drive. I will pack sandwiches and bring cut veggies.

I can totally do this.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Absolutely wonderful that you posted this! I also will be traveling soon to visit my brother in law and I need to make sure to stick to my plan. It's so much easier to do that when I'm in my element, but veering off track can send me off the deep end. I can't pack too much food with me as I'll be going on a plane, but I will take bars with me and by now, I know what kind of foods I can order. Strangely, I sometimes can do really great on a trip and then when I get back, I lose it with my plan and have a major binge. Anyway, sorry to make this about me! I'm sure you'll do great! It's all about planning and staying focused. Keep your eye on the prize!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

Yay! I know you can do it!

Like you said, it's all about planning. And remembering that food indulgences only bring a moment of pleasure. Totally not worth causing ourselves more problems after the trip is over.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Yes! You can TOTALLY do it! A little planning and commitment goes a long way for road trips and the holidays
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #6  
Joie de Vivre!!

I baked muffins for breakfast, I have the sandwiches packed and carrots pealed, cut, and in a baggy for snacking! All ready to grab and go in the morning.

We're also bringing tortilla chips, but I will only have a few of them.

Normally I would use tomorrow as an excuse to eat out as much as possible and think of it as a "free" day. Nope! Not anymore. And I'm sure I'm saving a ton of money this way too.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You sure can do it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Good luck! I'm having similar views about Thanksgiving--I'm considering it a special occasion, NOT an excuse to "cheat"! I will NOT eat mashed potatoes, bread, or stuffing (I'm low carb). I WILL eat pot roast, green bean casserole, and make a delicious low carb sugar-free dessert. I'll probably end up above my usual carbs for the day (green bean casserole has a few higher carb ingredients, and the dessert will probably have quite a few from the Splenda) but it's much better than gorging myself on carbs and real sugar until I feel sick and then having to deal with the guilt, cravings, and damage control that will likely follow.

Last edited by Linsy; 11-21-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/181.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for having a plan! I find that is the best way to stay on track. I too use traveling and vacations as an excuse to eat off plan. I justify it by saying "I'm just trying to enjoy myself" or "it's a fun time right now, why not?"
But that is just another form of emotional eating, isn't it?
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
chubbyhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Just a Little Side Note....not that I would suggest anyone else do this but when I know I am going to go out to eat etc....anything that is out of the normal...I carry Alli with me in my purse and take it before I eat. IT WORKS for me anyway. But Its not like I do that often...maybe once or twice a month!!!!
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #11  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I love it and you will for sure do fine.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote