Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Bought a Scale

I got rid of my scale over the summer because it was starting to drive me crazy. I was doing yoga and hiking all the time and getting stronger but the scale wasn't moving. I started to think "hey this stuff isn't working."

What?! Things that are making me strong and fit and happy and sweaty aren't "working?" What I meant was they weren't making the scale move, but they were certainly working in a million different ways to make me better.

So, I stopped weighing myself and eventually took the scale to the "swap pile" at the dump.

I've often wondered in those intervening months what my weight would do if I weren't monitoring it everyday.

Well, I bought a scale today (The Taylor Biggest Loser one). I weigh exactly the same as I did the day I threw the other one away.

It will be interesting to see my body fat change as I continue my workouts, and to see if the scale will change if I start monitoring my calories (or if having the scale here will make me more conscious of my calories and encourage me to monitor them.)

Anyone else find that having a scale in the house changed their behavior?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

It's crazy, but I keep mine in my kitchen. I know. I put it away when my fiance moved in and over the course of about 9 months, I gained 15 pounds. It was easy to ignore HOW much, even though I knew my clothes weren't fitting. We were hiking all OVER the place - camping and hiking and trail walking, etc., but I was matching him in eating and we were indulging a lot. I had to move it back into the kitchen so I would weigh in the mornings. He wants me to dump mine and just be happy and eat healthy. But I know it would get worse than it is now. So I'm finding that NOT having a scale in my routine somehow had me think I wasn't going to have to be accountable for those excess calories. I just wish they'd drop off as quickly as I enjoyed adding them on! In due time, I hope. I plan.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

When I had a scale before, it was in my bedroom so I was always standing on it. This time it's in the down stairs bathroom that I only use once every couple of days, so I won't be tempted to be on it all the time.

It's the "Biggest Loser" version and measure body fat %, which I'm very interested in. It's quite high right now, but I'm going to enjoy lifting my weights and hiking to see if I can get that number down.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote