South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Fun Friday Chat

Let's make this a great on plan day! I will watch Harry P. today. I'll get bloodwork done at the doc's.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'8

your gonna watch harry ! awsomeness
Old 11-19-2010, 03:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'll be getting up early so I can run my errands before deciding if I'm going to the concert tonight or not. I swore I wouldn't miss the next local Rehab concert come **** or high water, but now that it's here I'm thinking that it's $20 I could spend on something else, I just spent $100 on football game tickets, yada yada yada. We'll see. I plan on getting up, running over to my doctor's office to pay the $5 bill I have w/ them and get my fasting bloodwork done (maybe...if he's not going to accept a POS plan on my insurance there's no sense in getting my bloodwork done when I'm not going back to him come January). Then I have to take Shadow to Petsmart, run several places to pick up little odds and ends, hit the bank up and see if they have any checks I can have for now since I ran out while writing out my bills today, and then either go to the concert or not. Gotta fit the gym in somewhere in there, too. Hmmmmmm.

Oh, and in case you didn't see my response in yesterday's thread or catch the line in the last paragraph...I GOT MY GA/GA TECH GAME TICKETS!!! Mom was so surprised and so happy that she screamed, LOL Best Christmas present EVER...I'm so glad I did it.

Hope everybody has a lovely, calm, on-plan day.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #4  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

We had a lovely dinner out last night - our first since heading to the Beach 13 days ago. We hit our favorite Mexican restaurant and really enjoyed it. My husband had the fajitas, sans tortilla and only 2 Tbsp of guacamole. I ordered grilled shrimp and a salad. Very yummy.

Today is all finishing up this week's work projects, and suchlike. Lunch will be a huge pile of steaming hot edamame - one of my favorite lunches before SB even.

Saturday is our last day on phase 1. My husband, who is our homemaker, plans to spend today learning about phase 2 and making a grocery list for our weekly shopping trip. I can't wait to see what he has planned for dinners next week.

Thank you all for the words of welcome last week. I've been here before (well, not the SB forum, but 3 Fat Chicks), but never with my husband making the weight loss journey with me. I think that will make all the difference for us.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
Let's make this a great on plan day!
I agree, Okie! Have a great on plan day and I hope you have good news at the Dr. I know that as you rack up more OP days your bloodwork will get better and better!

fatchick123, Have a super day!

Natasha, Yay! for tickets! Your day sounds just like mine! Errands....I am making a list right now.

Me, off to Denver early with Mom. She has an all day meeting and I have a list which will be totally crossed off by the time I get home.
Denver library-Sewing books
Whole Foods-salad stuff
Thrift store-"new" dress
Hancock Fabrics-sale!
Petco
Walk in a park with Bing(yes, he gets to go)
Healthy lunch with Bing-I'm thinking outdoors, maybe at the park
It's supposed to be 70 degrees today!

I'm busy with housework and bills so my weekend will be free!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-19-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

I have a knot in my stomach from yesterday (looonnnnggg day at work, then came home to madness as well). I NEED to get out and have a run to blow off some steam. Thankfully, I'm having no desire to eat bad foods to make up for it.

Okie - good luck at the dr's office today!! I still have to watch the last harry potter movie...

Natasha - congrats on the tickets!!

Annie - welcome! That's fabulous your husband is doing this with you. My DH is very supportive (ummm...b/c he wants me thin), but doesn't actually do this with me. For instance...every Friday is his "sticky bun" morning. He goes to the grocer and gets those fresh made sticky buns. This doesn't upset me TOO much, b/c they're not my favorite (he eats them at work).

Lexiss - Busy day for you!! Sounds like fabulous weather!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and TGIF!

Thanks for starting us up with positive thoughts for the day, Okie!

Natasha, congratulations on the tickets!!!!

Annie, it's nice to meet you, and you are so fortunate to have your DH on plan with you! I'm eager to hear the meals he has planned for the week! Mmmm, your lunch sounds delicious enough to start me thinking about running to the store for some edamame!

Debbie, that's quite a list you have there for today! I hope you have fun checking off all your to-dos!

I've already cleaned the bathroom and have the first load of laundry in the dryer. My little grandson, Tyler, will be coming over for an hour or so while Andrea has a job interview that sounds promising. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for her! She's been laid-off since June and job-hunting ever since.

Cyndi and I both enjoyed a little spam for breakfast today.

ETA-

Good morning, Twynn! I hope you manage to run off some steam and brighten up your day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-19-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I was at school (for parent teacher conferences) til nearly 8 pm last night so I feel like I haven't been home long enough to have to turn around and go back in a few minutes! I've got conferences again tonight, too but if everyone shows up I'll finally be finished with them! I ate well but didn't exercise yesterday, though I came home planning to hit the wii fit. Instead I 'relaxed first' and ended up dozing off on the couch.

It's really cold here this morning, and I'm watching snow flurries outside the window right now. We've been spoiled this November - until now our weather has been unseasonably warm, so I shouldn't complain - but I would have liked one more warmer day to finish out my week of early morning playground duty!

Enjoy your Friday ladies.

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-19-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I've been wasting the morning so now it's just a quick wave and run. I hope to get back on later this morning. The next week and a half should be mellow for me, no long days, no crazy drives and plenty of time off. Just what the doctor ordered.

here's to Fridays that quickly turn into weekends with no bumps, crises or crazies
Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and happy Friday!

Annie - be sure that you our hubby read all about slloooowwly adding foods in; seems a common mistake to go a bit overboard starting PH2. I am jealous - just told my husband today that his buying of chocolate treats lately has me avoiding them but eating other stuff instead! Wish he'd join in on the beach.

Debbie - I hope that weather makes it out my way this weekend!

Hi everyone else! No time for personals since it is workout-with-mom morning and I have to keep an eye on the clock to get out of the house on time.

Pumpkin bread question - To anyone who has made the one on here - does it freeze well?

Have a fabulous day all.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Annie, how exciting that your DH is onboard AND studying up on phase2. My DH is not "on" SBD, but feels so much better since I started cooking differently. SBD has made a big difference for both of us!

Cyndi, yay for mellow days. I hope you are feeling better.

Linda, have fun with Tyler this morning!

Twynn, cheers! to exercise and healthy eating as a means of counteracting stress!

Heidi, I admit I had a chuckle...relaxed first and ended up dozing on the couch! I hope your day goes by quickly and that you are finally finished with PT conferences for this session.

Karen, have fun pumping it up with Mom! I have frozen the breads before, but I'm such a perfectionist...if I was taking it somewhere I'd want a trial run.

Rikki(RDW), I hope your water is back on today!

I'm headed outside again....It's a beautiful sunrise! I hope this weather does get your way, Karen.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone,
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I am busy getting ready to leave very early tomorrow morning for Montreal, will be back on Monday night. I am baking today to bring some stuff with me to a friend who is not feeling too well. It will help her out with Christmas.
Weighed myself this morning and down 3 lbs which is exciting.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I have frozen the breads before, but I'm such a perfectionist...if I was taking it somewhere I'd want a trial run.
Me too! That's why I wondered. So I can make it and taste it and then freeze it without eating the whole loaf!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Just a quick, "hi, I'm back" before getting back to work. I only have 2.5 days to get done what I need to before Thanksgiving, so I'd better get to work.

It's nice to be back home, but the scale is up after 4 days of hotel food. I've got to get back on track before I lose control again!! Here I go!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I will do my best to catch up this weekend!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

Okie- hope the bloodwork comes back great for you.

Natasha- It is fun seeing the excitement in your words over the game. Enjoy

Annie- It is nice that your DH is op with you. No one in my family is following with me- but I do sneak in a few foods- DH loves Crack slaw and doesn't even know it's op as well as the Taco Bake- I just give them tortillas to go with it for them. Haha

Well- DH called and DD2 was sick this morning- so she stayed home from school- I am hoping that it is just a one time thing and she is not sick when I get home from work. DD1 BF is coming in for a week tonight and DH is off to Hockey tonight and Football on Sunday- all I can say is Yes some quiet time to do what I want with DD2 LOL. Today is the last day of Phase 1 for me, I will hop on the scale tomorrow and see if I lost anything.

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon and evening
Closed Thread