Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Chicago Marathon 2012

Let's do it before the end of the world, right?

This has been my goal in the back of my mind for a while, and with all this talk on the history channel about the end of the world being right around the corner, we might as well start, right?

Recently, I stopped coming to 3fatchicks.com because I came across a horrible failure:

I didn't finish my first 10k.

I was devastated. In a rapture, I have eaten and binged and gone off the plan and lost sight of everything, including myself. Just because I didn't finish my 10k, that doesn't mean I am going to give up.

I thought it would be cool to start this thread.

Every Monday, we will post what our weekly routines are that will eventually lead us to the Chicago Marathon in 2012, one of the most talked about marathons in the country.

With about two years in front of us, I know we can all do it.

I was so upset about not finishing my 10k, but I can't let the forces of the universe stop me.

This is less about losing weight, and more about people accomplishing!

(ALL MEN & WOMEN ARE WELCOME!)

October of 2012, all who have joined this thread and feel like they can complete the marathon are invited to go to Chicago, where we will all meet, go out to eat, and dance/party because of our wonderful accomplishments.

Well girls, here goes nothing.

Last edited by librarygirl111; 11-18-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: include men
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

what about guys?

I'm planning to run Chicago in 2011! I'd love to do it again in 2012.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #3  

Default Next Four days

Friday: 5 mile run, treadmill running
Saturday: Yoga in the Morning
Sunday : Hike with the Hubby

Monday: 5 mile run, treadmill morning
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 6 mile run in the morning
Thursday: Turkey-day, rest
Friday: wake up early before relatives, 5 mile run on treadmill
Saturday: YOGA
Sunday: 5 mile run on treadmill before relatives wake up

LOL, well, I already feel better talking about my goals. I no longer weigh 156, but 158.

I know that if I am working out, I will try to eat better, but I am not in the mood anymore to count/track all my calories. I will eat a little, but not over, and I will accomplish goals.

Last edited by librarygirl111; 11-18-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  

Default of course guys

Of course guys!

Ill change it. lol

sorry!

im such an insane woman
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #5  
Starting again Jan. 2013

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I can do this!!!

I am currently doing week one of C25K! I have a goal of running the Crossroads 1/2 marathon in April of 2012 so it only seems right to run a full marathon by October 2012!
gvntofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #6  

Default Yeah!

That's awesome that you are planning to do a halfy! I desperately want to do one too. I think for me, fitness and lifestyle changes should be fun. I get too wrapped up counting calories or doing this or doing that. It's time for me to make a permanent change in my life. There are few message boards here at 3fatchicks that are dedicated for over two years, I think it will be fun to see who we meet at the starting line!

I knew that if I came back to 3FC I would be inspired to run again. The people on these message boards are great. I will be doing a 5 mile run tomorrow morning on the treadmill before I go to work.

It's so hard to train in the winter, I can't wait to run in the spring!

lol
Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #7  

BTW, what is C25K? I have heard a lot about it.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #8  
Starting again Jan. 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl111 View Post
BTW, what is C25K? I have heard a lot about it.
C25K is Couch to 5K. I haven't run in over 15 years so I am starting slow. My first 5K will be April 2, 2011. I may end up doing a half marathon by fall of 2011. I will see how my training goes over next spring and summer.

I am going to get fitted for running shoes next month! That's my Christmas gift from hubby.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #9  

Default aww

That sounds like such a cute present from your hubby. Couch to 5k is great. I finished my first 5k in May this year, and it turned me into a junkie. :-P Although, I didn't lose too much weight. It's strange. The more I run, it's not as easy to lose weight. It's very crucial to eat less, but I am trying not to focus on those things so much anymore and instead focus on getting fit and healthy and hot!

My weight goal is 135, but I have been struggling with my weight for years. i feel like nothing works. I run 5 miles every other day, I watch what I eat, and sometimes, I still feel like nothing is making a difference. If I could even lose ten pounds I would be happy, but even that feels impossible some days.

I hope that through this, I will stop caring about the number on the scale so much, and instead foster a greater love through myself with the things that I can accomplish.
I can admit that there are times when I probably am not the most healthy eater I know, but I need to learn how to not binge as much, eat less, and focus on me.

After that being said, I am going to have watermelon for dinner. I binged at lunch and went out to eat with my hubby. I am glad I am finally confessing things again!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #10  
Starting again Jan. 2013

I am fully prepared for the scale to stop moving for a while. Not only have I started running on a schedule I have added strength training also. As long as I keep at it I will get to where I need to be!

I keep my calories around 1600 right now. On days that I run I add 200 calories. It's been working so far!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #11  

Awesome! Today I am going to go do a six mile run on one of my favorite trails. I am very excited to get back to doing it. It's hard to exercise as much when you have to work. However, I do believe it is just about sticking with it! I think that tomorrow before I go to a hike with the hubby I will do some yoga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xctB...x=0&playnext=1

I found this link of full length yoga classes and I am going to do that in the morning (no need to pay!).

From what I hear flexibility is really a good thing to develop for running. So it's good to keep it up!

As for the next week:

Monday: 5 mile morning run, treadmill
Tuesday: 5 mile morning run, treadmill
Wednesday: 6 mile trail run, treadmill
Thursday: rest
Friday: morning run
Saturday:
Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #12  
The Final Frontier

S/C/G: 156/148/126

Height: 5 6'

Just did my first marathon in New York two weeks ago. If there's anything I learnt from this, it's to ensure you have done a number of long runs in the 20-22 mile range.

After that.. it's all mental. If you believe you can - you will.

Crossing the finish line of your first marathon is a highlight in your life that you'll never forget.

Best of luck with the training.
bridietogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #13  

Default awesome!

That's great to hear, birdie.

I don't want to get all crazy with posts. On Saturday, I did my six mile run on the trail, yay! It was awesome.

I think that tomorrow morning, or maybe Friday morning, I will get up before all the relatives and go do a 5 mile run on the treadmill.

It's good to know about that with the running, i can't wait until the day that I can do one.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #14  

Default 12.01.2010

Well, no one has really joined this board yet, and I can understand why. It's a HUGE commitment.

For me, running means a lot more to me than losing weight. Weight will come and go in my years, do if I weigh less, good, and if i don't, oh well.

I just thought I would update everyone on my running progress. After a couple of days of utter rest during the thanksgiving holiday, I got up bright and early on Monday and did a 3 mile run before work on the treadmill. It was good to get the blood pumping before my 10 hour shift. I didn't do it the next day because I was too tired and thought that my body would benefit from more sleep than running in the morning.

Today before work I did a 5 mile run. It was nice. They say that if you do an incline of 1.0 that you should be able to run that distance when you move back into the outside in the spring. I think it might be true. We'll see. I did two miles at speed 5.0, and then I did mile 3 at speed 5.5, mile 4 at 6.0 and mile 5 at 5.0. I have read somewhere that it is a good idea to change up the way you run in order to not have "treadmill boredom". It makes sense. Changing up the intervals every now and again reminds me of cycling class.

Tomorrow, I want to do another 5 mile run before I go into work. Money hasn't been the easiest lately, and it has been causing me a lot of stress. Running and exercising are really helping me clear out my mind. Maybe all the stress will lead to a better bod! lol
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #15  
Starting again Jan. 2013

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I am pretty busy this time of year with the holidays.

I have ditched the C25K program. It was too slow for me. I am using the walking to jogging outline in the the book "Runner's World: Complete Book of Women's Running".

I will walk/run each day of the week, taking days off as necessary, for 30 minutes a day.

I should be jogging 30 minutes straight in 6 weeks, maybe sooner. My issue right now is my feet start to hurt after a few minutes of running due to bad shoes. It will be easier once I get my new shoes.

My new shoes had to be ordered and should be in by the end of the week. I can't wait for spring, I want to run outside!!! I just don't have the gear to do it right now.