Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/180/165 lbs 95/82/75 kgs

Height: 5'10

Question Lite n Easy (Australia)

Hi chicks, does anyone have any experience with the Lite n Easy program? I've been doing it for the past month and have lost 5kg/10lbs. I'd love to chat with anyone else following it!

I *love* it. I don't have to worry about cooking or shopping, and it has been an incredible blessing for my binge eating issues. I can honestly say I haven't had a compulsive moment in the past month.

The food is tasty and healthy, and it's stuff we all grew up eating. Nothing weird or extreme at all.

The only negatives I see are the price, and the fact that while you're learning portion control - you don't learn how to cook properly, so that will have to come later.

I used to scoff at Lite n Easy, thinking it was a lazy way out and consisted of gross frozen dinners, but it has been amazing for me!

This is a diet I genuinely enjoy.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/259.6/120

Height: 5'2

I have been thinking about it - but I need to do some more research. Im not sure if they cater for us Vegetarians!

My friends Mother was on it and she did very well.
EsmeCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #3  

Hi I have been doing LitenEasy since on and off since the end of July 2010..
After having tried or thinking of trying every diet out there, Liteneasy helped prevent me from getting an eating disorder.
I think if I had stuck with it I would at my goal weight already. I started at 72kgs and got down to 65kg but got stuck there cause I stopped it for about 6weeks plus there were about 2/3 weeks when I was doing it that I didnt stick to it as well.
Just started back last week trying to get down to 60kgs before Christmas. I'm 164cm and doing the 1500cal plan. The main reason I was on and off was cause of my binge eating issues and after 8weeks I was a bit bored with it so I took a break.
I really like it, I wish it was more affordable so that more people could try it, cause it is less of a diet and more about portion control. It's the best way for me to lose weight cause I feel less restricted.I love that they have a wide range of foods, I used to get bored with dieting.
It is expensive but in the long run I save a lot of money cause I know that once I spend the money weekly amount of LnE then I do not have to think about buying any food for the whole week. Think of this, if you stick with LnE till your goal weight, you wont have to spend anymore money on diets and all that other crazy stuff plus you will have learnt how to eat good portions to maintain your weight loss.
My advice would be to stick with it till you are at or just your goal weight then do less of it whilst maintaining your weight, say the 5-day plan for 2 weeks. Going cold turkey caused me to gain back some weight this time when I stop doing it, I will wean myself of of it.
Btw Esme, they really dont have much for vegetarians a lady I work with once to try it but she is being prevented from doing it cause of the lack of dishes for vegetarians.
Rumbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Nearly 10kg/20lb down now with Lite n Easy, still loving it!

Esme, they don't cater to vegetarians which is their biggest failing IMO. If only they had more veg dinners and a veg alternative for lunch - it'd be great!

How are you doing now Rumbii? I have binge issues too and it has helped me so much! I don't feel restricted at all and I get to enjoy yummy food while learning about proper portions and meal spacing, etc.!

I had my first dessert the other night - think it was the raspberry apple crumble, YUM! I'm really looking forward to the Summer menu next week.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #5  

I'm still doing L&E I'v decided that I will stick with it till the end of the year.
I'm going to slowly cut back my dependency on it, I started doing the 7 day full meal plan, currently doing the 7 day breakfast and lunchs but I will probably switch to the 5 day breakfast and lunches menu from the first week of December.

My initial goal was to get to 65kgs and I am there now but I want to create a buffer so I'm going to lose at least 5 more kilos before the end of the year.
I refuse to start 2011 on a diet.

The main reason I am creating a huge buffer is I figure that once I go completely off LitenEasy I might gain a kilo or two whilst I am trying to readjust to planning my own meals.

Btw I wrote on their facebook page, I suggested that they add more vegetarian meals. They said they are looking into it..
Old 11-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #6  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

I've been contemplating LnE for a while now, but the cost is so high for a currently unemployed student such as myself! But then i get thinking that its worth every cent to lose weight and get healthy, and not have to worry about cooking, and graargh! Oh the humanity of it all :P

I'ma go back to the site, stare at the prices, and try to justify it again !
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #7  

Hey Rumbii, sounds like a good plan! Do you miss the dinners? They're my favourite part. That's cool that you contacted them about the vege options, hope they listen! I think they're pretty good with customer service... at least they're always really friendly when I ring to order each week.

I plan to stay with it til I hit 75KG, so most likely all of the Summer menu.

Hi summershine! Yeah, the cost is a drawback... pretty spendy and I can't fully afford it, it's pretty tight for me but I'm making it work because I was at total rock bottom when I started. I have depression and anxiety issewes and everything was getting on top of me. L&E has helped me manage so much more, plus I'm not eating crap for once.

You could try it for a week to see if you think it's worth it or just try the dinners? I think they're all under 500 cal, from memory they average around 400 and the lunches/dinners/snacks are basic supermarket sort of gear for the most part.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #8  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

there's a discount supermarket near me that has lean cuisine type meals for $3. I might just buy a load of them and do LnE the cheap way xD

but just thinking about all the salt that'd be in them makes me cringe. Why can't there be an easy way?? *whines and complains*
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #9  

I loved the dinners but I stuck with LnE long enough to have tried
most of them at least twice. My faves are the baked chicken, tortillas and
chicken enchiladas.

Summershine I'm a student as well but I gave up some things so that I
could do it. It's worth every cent cause if you stick with it, it really works. There is a variety of foods, you never get bored and you learn how to eat better if you want to maintain a lower weight.

I love it, I wish it was more affordable for everyone else to try..After
trying a number of diets, gaining and losing the same weight Liteneasy worked I think it's one of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off..

Last edited by Rumbii; 11-14-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #10  

summershine you could definitely do it like that. I hear the WW dinners are pretty good.

I'm thinking of stocking up on some of them actually since I cleared out my fridge pre-L&E and I have to travel for 40 minutes to do shopping. I have a lot of expenses aside from this and I don't really want to do a last minute supermarket run if I have a lean week.

I seriously love L&E though, it's so easy it's not funny!

Hi Rumbii

How good is the Chicken Enchillada! I had the Tortilla Stack last night actually and that was yum too.

My fav dinners have to be Crumbed Chicken, Sweet n Sour Chicken (love the fried rice), Satay Chicken and Macaroni Bake.

The only dinners I really disliked were the Fisherman's Pie and Corned Beef.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #11  

summershine did you have any luck with the frozen dinners from the outlet? If you're still considering Lite n Easy you might be interested to know you can trial it for a week and if you're not happy, you can contact them and they'll refund you.

Rumbii how are you liking the Summer menu? I had the BLT salad yesterday and it was really nice! Apricot yoghurt crumble for the brekky which was great, get a bit sick of toast sometimes.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #12  

Sorry Sunday. Just saw this.
I didnt continue with the rest of the summer menu, never got to the BLT part. I ran out of funds cause I wasnt working...How are you going?
Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

I started Lite 'n' Easy two weeks ago now, and am loving it. I've lost 7kgs all ready, on the Dinners Only plan.

I really wish they had more vegetarian options though, it sucks to eat the same things each week, but it's all about priorities!

But yeah, LnE's been very good to me, and at quite good value I can't say I'll be stopping any time soon
Laurawr is offline   Reply With Quote