Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
cathyo
Nana with a CRAZY GOAL

S/C/G: 263/249/140

Height: 5'4

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Hi, my name is Cathy, and I'm 53 years old. I'm married...well if you can call it, my new hubby left 6 months after we were married on Valentine's Day 2002 to be an OTR trucker and has never been back! So been married for 8 years and after the previous 2 marriages I can safely say that this one is the best one! LOL
I have 3 children by hubby #2, a 26 yr old son with Down Syndrome, a 25 yr old daughter, who has given me a wonderful grandson who is 7 now and stays with me 24/5 and goes home on weekends, school vacations and for the summer, and a 20 yr old son with Asperger's. We have 2- 9 yr old cats, Katie and Freckles. I don't work, I have enough to do without adding that stress to my life.
I spend my a lot of my time on photography, quilting and reading. I sell a lot of my quilts, I mainly do pictorial wall hangings and have done several commissioned ones, as well as my photos. I taught my method at a fabric store for a year before I moved too far away and my car got totaled while parked. I read basically anything I can get my hands on . I watch a few shows, Law and Order SVU, Parenthood, Bones, NCIS, House, Biggest Loser and Project Runway when they're on and 1 soap opera, Days of Our Lives.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I'm 5'4 (I've shrunk an inch!) and weigh 258 right now, have lost 5 lbs since Nov. 1 when I started this diet, was 10 lbs but for some reason after I started working out 5 came back . My goal is to get down to 140 lbs by spring...hahahaha...seriously though hoping to do that by next winter. Right now I am counting calories, have laid off my nightly snack of a pot of popcorn and 1/2 a liter of coke, and am eating 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks, usually fruit, instead of 1 big one at night followed by several hours of binging while being a couch potato. I was on the Atkins diet when I was younger and did really well, but couldn't live on it so all the weight came back. 8 years ago I lost 144 lbs by eating right, walking 4 miles a day and doing the Sweating to the Oldies videos and swore I would never gain it back....but did. This time I am using the Biggest Loser 6 week workout DVD, alternating a day of low impact cardio with a day of sculpting and walking (no car so I walk everywhere!) and bike riding. Had to tone the workouts back since my younger days, the knees just aren't what they used to be.
What got me started this time was my grandson. I gave him my old camera to my grandson so he could take pictures also when I drag him along on my photo shooting outings and his favorite subject is ME. What an eye opener after years of not letting anyone take my pictures He is upset with me since he says I am perfect the way I am!

My Goals: Are to lose the weight obviously, or I wouldn't be here . I need to be around for a long time for my family. I would really love to be able to buy clothes that I like that fit me (right now I am an xl chest and a 3-4x hip so shirts are so hard to buy), be able to tie my shoes with them ON my feet, and even do something as simple as cut my toenails without a major hassle, and of course do more stuff with my very active grandson! Next summer I want to take a photography course and then start my own business doing portraits of special needs children and adults. My self confidence at this point is close to zero, and I know from previous big weight losses that it gets much better when I am happy with the way I look.

So I guess that's all to tell about me, looking forward to meeting everyone here!

Cathy

ps. I just noticed there seems to be several *groups* in this 50+ section...I apologize if I have posted to a group you have to join first...

Last edited by cathyo; 11-17-2010 at 07:16 PM.
cathyo is offline   Reply With Quote