Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default This time last year

This time last year I was wearing a size 22/24 and eating a family sized bag of cheetos or plain potato chips with ice cream. I would eat until I got tired. I was looking forward to going to visit family but now looking forward to seeing anyone because of all the weight I had gained. I wasn't thinking about working out and made all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn't go to the free gym where I work.

This time this year...I've been counting calories since Jan 3, 2010 and now I'm down to a size 14 working hard to get to a size 12. I workout at the Free Gym almost everyday. I have a treadmill at home that I get on almost everyday. I do ab workouts and workout videos. I know more about what my body likes and dislikes for health. I realized the 44 C bra I was wearing last year is too big. I have an entire new wardrobe of clothes. I have a different way of looking at life. I'm waiting to see my results from my physical that I had back on October 29. I'm looking forward to a GREAT 2011 for my physical, spiritual and emotional self, my family and career.

What about you? Where were you this time last year and where are you now?

Last edited by jigglefree; 11-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

What a great post!! Congrats to you on your new lifestyle and improved health!!

I'll make mine short and sweet...

This is me last year:

This is me this year:

I have 10 more pounds till goal, but I feel the best I've felt in years. I started my journey in January and that first pic is one of the main things that finally got me started. I won't go back to that.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

This time last year, I was 244 pounds and a size 20. Now I'm 158.5 and a size 10. Almost half of what I was. It's nice.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #4  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Jiggle ~SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! U Know I think you one hot momma! U have done excellent. Plus u have fabulous style & great hair ~(HAD TO ADD THAT ONE Cause I love how u dress & your hair do!) Anyways.....
I know u have proboly seen these pics a zillion times before... But here is my before pic~ took fall of 2008 At 259.9 then 1 year later pic of counting calories November 11th 2009 (after losing 89 pounds~ignore my wrinkled pants) Then last pic took today november 17th 2010 ~ 2 years & 6 days later another 32 more pounds lost. Grand total of 121.1 pounds lost to date (In 2 years ) 259.9 to 138.8 & a new short hair do ~LOL & still toning ~belly/thighs & upper arms ~NEARLY DONE~But Yet never done~It's a forever change ~I Am determined to stick with~~AGAIN SO PROUD OF YOU DAPHINE! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!

NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP~ WE ALL CAN/ARE/ & WILL DO THIS! WE MUST STAY DETREMINED!

Love the pics Anniedrews SO AWESOME!
WAY TO GO RACHEL!

((JUST CLICK PIC TO MAKE IT BIGGER))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89o8987ijjjjjcccvfdfxcFG6.jpg (21.4 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Lori259; 11-17-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Last year at this time I weighed 270 pounds & was a size 22W/24W in pants and a 2X in tops.

Now, I weigh 217 and am wearing a 16W pants (sometimes a reg 16!) and can wear most XL tops!

Last year, I was feeding my body a ton of GARBAGE and not exercising. This year, I am feeding my body much healthier food and exercising 4-5 days a week at a minimum!

My weight loss my not be the quickest---I was hoping to lose 71 pounds this year, but it's been consistent. I also have a plan I can live with for the rest of my life.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

wow..Thanksgiving of last year. I was right at 200 pounds. Perhaps a bit more, I honestly did not have the guts to step onto the scale until I was 3 weeks into my changes, and the scale at that point showed 197. In November of last year I had not made my changes yet, but it was fast approaching that critical moment. I know I was in pain when I got out of bed. Just stepping onto the floor first thing in the morning made my feet ache. My hips were constantly causing me pain and I did not have a single pair of pants that did not have an elastic band, and about 80% of the time I just wore sweat pants. I did not care about my appearance, and spent most of my time just sitting on my ....

I cant even list all the changes. There are too many. But..well, GO ME! And GO ALL OF YOU!! I had not actually thought of it in terms of where I was a year ago, but now that I have..Its liberating.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

This time last year I was only 18lbs heavier than I am now - but I was eating myself up to the 44lbs heavier that I became by May '10.

Aiming to post this time Next year that I'm another 44lbs lighter!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #8  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

My loss hasn't been as fast as some of yours. I took a three-month maintenance break (really a gain-five-pounds break, oops) earlier this year. And, my plan is a little more forgiving than some - it turns out (so far) that sustainability for me includes not having to adhere perfectly to a strict plan all the time, as long as I can live with the loss being a little slower.

So, exactly year ago I was already a couple months into my plan. And since then, I've lost about 40 pounds. Again, not the dramatic totals some of you show, but I have no complaints. It actually adds up to just about 5 pounds loss per month, when I am on plan, and I'm pretty happy with that. I still have a ways to go, but I'm fully okay with it taking me another year or year and a half to get to goal - whatever that may be!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #9  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Last year I was fluctuating between 285 and 295 and worried about knees, blood pressure and diabetes but ignoring any thought of doing anyting about them.

I was pretty much ignoring my life. Now I have at least opened my eyes, am down to about 260-265 and I am taking steps to be really healthy.

Hopefully, I will have some cool pics in a couple of months to share!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

This time last year, I was pigging out on pizza and restaurant food BUT I was 9 weeks pregnant and at the height of morning sickness ^_^ I had been maintaining for 6 years at 123lbs and was gaining on purpose... So I don't count.... but congrats to those who have come a long way
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
This time last year I was wearing a size 22/24 and eating a family sized bag of cheetos or plain potato chips with ice cream. I would eat until I got tired. I was looking forward to going to visit family but now looking forward to seeing anyone because of all the weight I had gained. I wasn't thinking about working out and made all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn't go to the free gym where I work.

This time this year...I've been counting calories since Jan 3, 2010 and now I'm down to a size 14 working hard to get to a size 12. I workout at the Free Gym almost everyday. I have a treadmill at home that I get on almost everyday. I do ab workouts and workout videos. I know more about what my body likes and dislikes for health. I realized the 44 C bra I was wearing last year is too big. I have an entire new wardrobe of clothes. I have a different way of looking at life. I'm waiting to see my results from my physical that I had back on October 29. I'm looking forward to a GREAT 2011 for my physical, spiritual and emotional self, my family and career.

What about you? Where were you this time last year and where are you now?

You are amazing
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
What a great post!! Congrats to you on your new lifestyle and improved health!!

I'll make mine short and sweet...

This is me last year:

This is me this year:

I have 10 more pounds till goal, but I feel the best I've felt in years. I started my journey in January and that first pic is one of the main things that finally got me started. I won't go back to that.
You look wonderful, Annie
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

This time last year I was a UK size 18, working on a MA dissertation, and eating myself into a whole at 214lbs. Today, I'm a UK size 12/14, an increasingly more comfortable weight of 178lbs and moving to NZ in 1 month. What a year!

I basically took all of the summer off as a maintenance break, but now am back into things again, and feeling great. What a year!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #14  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

It was last November that I noticed I was constantly thirsty and needing to pee all the time. Testing revealed that yes, I was pre-diabetic. I struggled to get onto the right plan, and have lost slowly, but in a way I can sustain. My blood sugars are stable, I have lost 18 pounds and gone from a tight size 14 to a looser size 12. In some ways I haven't achieved all that I wanted, but the achievements are there. If I hadn't got started, I would be heavier than ever and likely needing insulin. This year's goals will include more exercise and to continue the diet and meditation plans I have been working on, and working music back into my life. This is "my" new years, and it was a great time to make resolutions too.
Great thread, and congrats to everyone for their great achievements.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #15  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

This time last year I was so lonely, and felt so horrible about myself. I was 250lbs. In December I started counting calories and exercising. The weight started flying off at first. I lost 55lbs by June. However, I then started to get off plan. At first, it was just one cheat day a week. Then I was totally off plan until October 24th. Now, I have been back on plan, and I am at 204. I am glad I did not get back to 250, and I am almost back in onederland. I never want to be that big again. It has been a good year for me! I am definitely learning to be healthier and to keep trying.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote