South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Whimsical Wednesday Chat

Good morning, everybody!!! I'm getting ready to go to bed but I thought I'd start us a new daily thread first. I got home from the gym a few hours ago and decided that I really wanted to watch Rent again, so I popped it in the DVD and have sat here crying until there are tears falling on my shirt. I'm such a wuss when it comes to sad movies (I even cry at Hallmark commercials!!!). Rent was the first play I ever got to see actually ON Broadway, so it holds a special place in my heart...plus it's a really great show. I've got the live taping of the last Broadway performance and it's so much more touching than the movie version, I always pick it to watch.

My plans for today are to get some sleep (heading to bad now), go to the gym, and then head off to work. Only 2 days of work this week...yay!!!

So what are your plans for the day??? Pull up a seat, grab a cup of coffee, and make yourself at home.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Natasha,
I went off plan yesterday - not necessarily foods (except for the pringles, whoops) but just too much on plan food. Today is another day. Extreme stress at work, just a lot of wierdness. Hope everyone has a good one-me too!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Crap! Just lost a long post and now need to deal with two soaking wet dogs. It's Wet Wednesday here. I may get back later to see how whimsical we are.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Natasha and those to come!

Natasha I finished catching up on yesterday's thread before I came to this one and I saw a phrase I rarely see or hear ' "brownies untouched". LOL Congratulations to you and your mom on your great self-control.

I've been back on plan for 48 hours now and I'm still at 149 pounds so I'm thinking I'd better change my ticker. I'm disappointed about it, but not terribly surprised. Food was everywhere those 10 days - most of it pasta and sweets, I didn't sleep well and I exercised very little. It was a lousy time (and still is really) so somehow a slight weight gain seems fitting. I'm back on track now, but it's unlikely I will make my goal of healthy BMI (140) by 1/11/11 now though. (Notice I said, 'unlikely'? Fool that I am I can't quite give it up yet.)

Busy day today. Staff mtg before school, inside recesses (it's pouring), Good News Club after school and parent teacher conferences after that. When I usher the last parent out the door I'll need to rush over to youth group. I'm glad I don't have to keep this pace every day but right now I like being too busy to spend time thinking about things.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!

Hi Matilda and Ruth! I took so long to write this post that you've both come and gone!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-17-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Ruth, we has wet Tuesday, I hope it is sunny here today, we will see.

Mmckellen, today IS another day.... You can do it, don't get discouraged

Natasha, I am a sap too, I cry at anything, a sad movie will really mess with me HAHA

I have coffee brewing, I've had my shower and my weight is at it's low point (it fluctuates) even though it is my TOM. Yay! I have been eating Ezekiel bread with Smart Balance and sf preserves. My meals are not planned today, yesterday was too chaotic. I work for an hour and then the rest of the day is getting ready to have family over Sunday. DH and I amr not on good terms I think he has been acting like a jerk to me and I am almost to the point of being through He thinks I am a bad housekeeper when I do my best and it is hard to work with a small, 1930s house with no storage space and 4 people. He is hard on my kids, but he b&*(%s at me. I am kinda sad and scared about how he will treat me today.

Didn't mean to go off on that tangent, sorry.

I hope everyone has a nice OP day
Old 11-17-2010, 06:16 AM   #6  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Heidi, we crossposted again LOL

I hope your day is great! Yay for being back on track, you can do it!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sweet dreams, Natasha! I'm envious of your special copy of RENT!

Matilda, I hope the last of the drama was worked out yesterday, and am sending you good vibes for a stress-free and OP day.

Ruth, I hate when my post gets sent to cyberspace! I bet there are a lot of really interesting posts floating around out there. I think our stormy weather is moving up there. We had some really heavy downpours overnight that kept me awake.

I think the rain has finally moved north, but now we're dealing with gusty winds and lots of power outages. A few schools are closed today, even, with this wild weather. There's nothing special on my agenda today, and I may even be home by 5:30 this evening.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone.

Natasha - I love the music from Rent, especially the first half.

I just could not sleep this morning. Sigh. And, just to vent, we are having technical problems again and will now be getting our third Tivo in less than two months. DH and I seem cursed. Lots of niggles today.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a rainy, gray but not cold day here. I'll put up with the rain, it's better than the alternative in mid-November.

Natasha - I'm a wimp with movies is so many ways - cry at the slightest thing, can't watch violent movies. As long as I'm home that's okay

Mathilda - good luck at work. I was talking to someone the other day about the really horrible period at my old job a year and a half ago. Everything about the place was toxic and it was so hard to be there. It did get better, hope yours does too and soon

Ruth - wet dog in the morning

Heidi - I think about you every day. Be gentle with yourself.

Beloved - I'm sorry life is so stressful lately. I hope today is a better day

Cottage - The wind is on its way here. Good luck with your power

The new person is really terrific and she won't take much training. I will stop in a couple of hours next week and then maybe a couple more the week after but I don't think she will need more than that. Looks like I really am done with the old job I would have been sad if things had gone the way I planned (I started to talking to former boss in July about this) but it dragged on so long I'm just relieved it's done.

Now to focus in 100% on the new job. Just got my NM reservations yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear where I will be all week. Apparently we fly into Albuquerque but could end up other places in the state during the week. Right now I just need to focus on my three local counties so I'm off and over the mountains again. I'm going to do that as much as I can before the weather turns. I'm already checking out motels over there, just in case the weather turns when I'm on the west side.

Happy Hump Day friends.

ETA - Hi Karen

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-17-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello there
Beloved, if you manage to get the dishes done, get the laundry done, and get the trash out, I must say, "You are doing a FANTASTIC! job!"
I had to have one of my cats euthanized yesterday. She had cancer. I don't feel any guilt, but I do feel sadness. Anyway, today, I plan to buy a new outfit for myself. Better than cheesecake!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/150.5/135

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches

Good morning, everyone! I am down to the 150s for the first time in at least five years!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

After a harrowing trip to the Dr yesterday, I slept almost 9 hours. Dr visit was planned, but we got hit with our first all out blizzard and I-70 was closed in our area overnight. Fortunately we were able to take a back road to get home. Today is Thanksgiving at our local Sr Center so I think I'll go down and volunteer since it will get me out of the house. Roads are icy so I don't think I'll go anywhere else....

BelovedK, my heart goes out to you right now. I have a similar situation at home right now and it's getting rather old. I keep reminding myself that I need to take care of Me. Venting is ok here, don't feel bad. I think it really helps to have a place where we can come and be honest about how we feel instead of constantly putting on the fake smile that we use when we're feeling down. Thanks for coming here anyway and sharing encouraging words.

Natasha, yay for only 2 days of work this week! Thanks for getting us started this morning! PS love the Dance Fit comment!

Matilda(Mmc), stress and wierdness is so hard when it's other people's stuff and it affects you. Today IS another day.

Ruth, wet pups...lost post...I hope your day improves and that is the extent of your woes.

Heidi, I think Chinese buffet takes more than 48 hours.lol Ahh....Wednesday busyness...take care.

Linda(Cottagebythesea), wow at your weather! I hope your day is stressless with all the wind and power outages and that you're home in a flash.

Karen(WaistingTime), I hope you get through your niggles...

Cyndi, for finishing the old job and feeling good about things.

4xcharm, Hugs as you deal with your sadness over losing your cat, but kudos as you realize that food won't fix it. I hope you find a really nice outfit.

Randi34, at making it to the 150's!

sophie, no I haven't been knitting...I have the sewing machines out. Your trail looks marvelous! I'm envisioning you and DH with walking sticks

Ok, off to my list!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-17-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

yay, randi!
beloved, hang in there, girl. hope today is better for you.

-
not much on the agenda today. my son hasn't woken up yet, so i don't know if he is still sick or not. i would like to get to the gym this morning, but might have to wait until this afternoon. other than that, pretty boring!

have a great day, ladies!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randi34 View Post
Good morning, everyone! I am down to the 150s for the first time in at least five years!
Woo hoo!!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lex - I have my sewing machine out too. Making some stuff for the kids' stockings (crayon rolls, tiny aprons, placemats made with chalkboard fabric).
Closed Thread