Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default New pages... weekly chat Nov 15-21st

New pages

I just want to write last week off. Good weight loss after the flu, but it was a horrid week.

I'm going to catch up with the ironing this morning. I'm still not working on a full battery so will take it easy. How is everyone?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I lost .8 at Jenny so at least I'm moving downward again. Should change my ticker but I'm close so I'm leaving it alone for now. I hope to have a good week.

JoJo, I'm glad you lost so much but not how you did it. I never iron. I don't buy cotton and if you love me, you have to love me with wrinkles! I never could get the hang of it no matter how hard my Mom tried to teach me.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy weekend and was able to post. Was Cleaning and trying to rearrange the the downstairs bedroom. When my friend Alice called me to take a break and meet her down at the beach take in the fresh air & breath a bit. So that's just what I did and we met another friend down there and we talked aleast for 2 hrs..Yesterday I went to Church,Brunch and than to an afternoon movie we saw Morning Glory.Got home,and was to exhausted to post.

Today and for the rest of the week I will be busy getting read y for my trip down to NY for TG week.So you know where I am,if I don't post day after day.

NANCY-I heard from a woman that I met in the movies yesterday that she had a torn meniscus and she was up and around in no time. She went to the same doctor that I going to. She say that I will be in the hospital from 10-12 and than to go home. I will be a out patient to a rehab for about 11 week and than that's it.She told me that she had to knees done.But I decided that I will bring my bedroom down stair for the remainder of me owning the house.

Yes I do have a spare room downstairs,I'm going to do exactly what you posted.Put the tote on my suitcase handle,and than I will have one pc of baggage to handle.

VICKIE-BELATED HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOTH OF YOU. and many many more. It would have been our 44 this Friday.

SANDRA-Thanks I'll really looking forward to see my DD & family again, and when I talked to her on the phone she sound just as excited as I am.I was worried as I all alone up here without family and I don't want to bother my friends for every little thing,but now I feel better speaking to the woman and her surgery.

2FEELBETTER-Thanks,& welcome to our thread.I just get out of my car in S&S parking lot when I heard my knee pop.I was lucky that I could drive home and call my friend to take me to the ER as I couldn't walk. I just learned that I can't take the injections,they're only for torn cartilages.

RHONDA-It will be ok I will do just a little bit at a time.Today I managed to clean out the downstairs bathroom cabinet to bring my bathroom supplies downstairs,and I did the wash so I can decide what to pack when I go to my DD's for TG.

Have to go Dr Oz now and I don't want to miss him.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I weighed in today with my friend at school, and I have lost 2.5 pounds! I stayed around 20 points but did not count fruit or low starch veggies as points. I'm not moving my ticker until I can move off five pounds!

Maryann, your day with friends sounds nice. When will you leave for your visit with your dd?

Jojo, did you get that ironing done? I'm an iron as you go chick myself Glad you're up and about. Hopefully you are well on your way to complete recovery.

Vickie, congrats on the loss! Good luck with the carpet tomorrow. Did you pick a new color or are you just replacing with the same thing?

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'm off to Bible study soon. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, today I drug my carcass back to the gym after almost 3 weeks of not being there. That is the longest I have stayed away in a year. The election and my cold really took it out of me.

I have a new trainer because Todd is back full time at school. This one's name is Don, he is 68 and lean and fit. He was impressed with my strength but he managed to wear me out! He and I will work mostly on agility, balance and core strength. I will do most of the weight lifting on my own, so this is a new approach. I'm sure I'll do well.

He also said, as have others, body fat is 80% diet. So, I'm doubling my efforts between now and the holidays. My weight is slowly creeping back to 186ish. Not OK!

Last edited by Tejas; 11-15-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #6  

By the way, I like to iron!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm tired, feeling poorly, and don't like to iron. This about wraps me up in a nutshell.

Maryann, I'm glad you're feeling more upbeat. That makes my day. Are you going to redecorate your downstairs bedroom? Sounds like fun to me.

JoJo, this week should be better. for a really really good one for you.

Vickie, congrats on moving the scales. And good luck on the installation tomorrow.

Sloan, congrats to you, too, on moving those scales.

Rhonda, your new trainer sounds like he's going to help you a lot.

Now I'm off here. This is day 160 sugar free. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #8  

Sorry you don't feel well, Sandra. Congrats on the continued sugar free status. That's really something.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Rhonda. I need to work on making better non-sugar choices. I may go to WW when new program comes out and get a copy. I know I need more structure. As to how I'm feeling--(I think I have a kidney infection.)

Last edited by ontarget; 11-15-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #10  

Hey everyone ..

I am not sure if I had the flu or bad cold(so lets call it a virus LOL) but it wiped me out a few days.
I slept most of Sat , Sunday & today but I feel better tonight.
Tomorrow I plan to clean and then Wed I am going to cook a few dishes
ahead for our Sat feast. I actually love it when I have a whole day set aside for cleaning and by evening the house is sparkling clean. Mostly I do a bit here & a bit there and it is never clean all over.

Sloan..I don't know if you saw my post because it was late Sunday night but I am so glad your mom found the house near you & your sister. Having a place to set up & decorate will be good therapy for her. Also the diet sounds like it is going great for you.

Jojo...the only ironing I have done this year was my son's graduation gown.

Maryanne..when we move we hope to have all one story.. Even my dog has trouble with the steps.

Rhonda..I hope the new trainer is as good as Todd was. Will you see Todd
occasionally so he can see your progress?? Maybe if I got a lean & fit trainer
DH would get jealous and start exercising with me .

2feelbetter..hey...welcome !!!

Vickie..congrats!! & I agree about the "love me,love my wrinkles" I guess that goes for skin & clothes wrinkles!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Ironing is going out of fashion here too. No matter what the weather, these youngsters put the laundry from washing machine to drier, fold then put away.

There's not that much washing now there is just the 2 of us Sloanie so it doesn't take long. I always iron upstairs in our bedroom. Seems daft to do it downstairs then cart it up. I watch the TV in our bedroom or listen to the radio and put the stuff away as I do it. Anything for other rooms, I lay out on the bed until I've finished.
ancy

Nancy Unless it is cotton and very wrinkled I never iron anything that 'shows'

Good luck with the new trainer Tejas... photo? To me 68 is a nicely matured man

Sandra A kidney infection can pull you down no end. You have my sympathy. Cutting out sugar isn't a picnic either is it? Highly addictive substance when you think about it. I'm sure you'll get there

Vickie I'm sorry I missed your anniversary. Belated congratulations and all the best for the future.

Just heard that William Wales is to marry Kate Middleton. We've been keeping her for 10years so it will be nice to get some work out of her. As we, the tax payers, have to pay for it; I hope it is less lavish than his mother's. There will be a day's holiday announced and we love a party in the UK

Last edited by jojo23; 11-16-2010 at 08:11 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had another full day,cleaning out the downstairs bathroom cabinets,and making room for the toiletries that use & need from the upstairs.I also got rid of clutter on my end & cocktail tables so it easier to dust.

I also went on line to find a web site that had a floor plan and furniture etc where I can get an idea what things would look like when I moved certain furnishes out of the room.

I'm waiting for the bed company to call to set up a time when they're going to move the bed,than I have the movers come a day earlier and move my love-seat upstairs,so I have room for the bed downstairs.I'm also going to move my living-room end table with lamp to the new bedroom and than in its place I room for the stationery bike in the living-room. Does that make sense????

SLOAN-Congrats on losing 2.5 lbs that wonderful. I heard from Dr Oz and to eat fruit with a meal but rather eat it on a empty stomach,reason
Eating fruit like that plays a major role in detoxifying your system, supplying you with a great deal of energy for weight loss and other life activities.
I'm lucky to have such nice friends,up here. I leave for my DD's next Monday.

RHONDA-Good Luck with your new trainer,he sound like great,Keep up the good work you're doing with weights.

SANDRA-My friend keep me upbeat and I trying now to help Mary get out of depression mode.Faith is a big factor also,you should always keep the Lord by your side. Key you must keep busy,and get out doors even for a ride in the car,to keep depression at bay.Sorry you not feeling well,please take care and get enough rest & OJ is the key also.

NANCY-You might of had the flu bug as his is the season. Surprised my doctor didn't ask if I wanted the flu shot as he always does at my physical each year. My DD told me when we bought the house on the cape "what are you doing having a bedroom up stairs now that your old". Smart thinking everything on the ground floor,that what we had In NY.

JOJO-I HATE IRONING I'm the one who puts my wash in the dryer as I have a wrinkle control button. I only do touch ups.

Well I have to go,have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #13  

I had a flu shot but this seems so much more than a cold.
Started Friday and still my head feels like it is in a barrel.
That is 5 days.. Can you get the flu after a flu shot.
I probably would have gotten tamaflu on day 1 if I had not had a
flu shot.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - congrats to all the losers! My scale is moving - but in the WRONG direction - too much 'salty' popcorn and treats - bad froufie! I seem to be stuck where I was last week - no loss for me!

Vickie - I'm with you - I don't iron and try not to buy anything that needs ironing (and if it does I am quick with the dryer removal and hanging of any such difficult garments!). Actually get dh to iron stuff for me if absolutely necessary!

Nancy - sorry you are not feeling well! Hope you feel better soon!

Rhonda - good luck with the new trainer! (and guess who did a front plank for 60 WHOLE SECONDS LAST NIGHT AT STRENGTH TRAINING CLASS!)

...and I want to go to the beach for fresh air like Maryann does!!!! (at least we are getting some decent weather still....supposed to rain for the next few days and I am getting my winter tires on my van next week if that tells you anything!)
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I'm feeling much better so I'm hoping the worst is over. I used a Monastat so maybe what I had was not a kidney infection afterall and was something simpler.

We're taking the grands out for dinner tonight then we'll head home to see "Biggest Loser." That's our weighloss intraining show.

Maryann, have fun redecorating. And walks on the beach do sound wonderful.

Frouf, I bought several packs of Mini Rice Cakes today. I really like those for snacking.

Nancy, I hope you're over the rough part.

JoJo, I got the ironing board out the other day and Curtis asked me what it was. I almost threw the shirt at him.