Thread: Wonderslim #5
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #94
goddessmeg
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Heck, I'll jump in with my "love story." I didn't marry until I was 38 yrs. old. I joked that by marrying so late, we were avoiding that first divorce. However, the boy (and I use that word on purpose) that I married was not the man I dated. He sucked the life out of me for nearly three years until I booted him out of the house and out of our marriage. (he has narcassistic personality disorder). He moved back into his parent's basement (yes, when we married, he moved out of his parent's basement. Red flag, no??).

I took a year or more by myself. Recovering and regaining my life and spirit again. I had lunch with a former boss and he encouraged me to "get out there again." I started looking into on-line personals.

I was leaving for a month vacation in South Africa when I decided to do a "blitz." DH was one of the guys and he responded. I was very cautious (which bugged him, since he's not an axe murderer).

The first evening we met, he knew that he'd marry me. I knew that we were "long term" before we had our 2nd date. DH had had a very rough patch. His DW of 11 years died of cancer. He remarried too quickly to provide a mother for his son (yet another story of the person one dated is NOT the person he ended up married to). He filed for divorce 4 times and even at the last minute tried to make his marriage work because it killed him to be away from his sons.

We've been together 4.5 years and married for over 3. We don't fight, we don't argue. He said that he doesn't "do big." But he never saw me as "big." He tells me all the time how proud he is of me. I'm VERY Blessed.