Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 07:51 AM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #65

The last thread was getting a bit long.

Old 03-26-2003, 08:14 AM   #2  

Hello Everyone....

Well I have got to stop this insanity.....I have been soooo hungry lately. Nothing seems to satisfy me except peanut butter. So last night I was doing good had my dinner had my luna bar and then bam...it hit me....I wanted peanut butter so I ate just a little and the next thing I know I had ate about 3 spoonfuls...and 3 little reeces peanut butter cups. I know....I blame it all on TOM but...I need to gain some control. I can't not buy peanut butter because my husband loves his peanut butter. Well tonight is weigh in so I will see the damage. I think that some months are worse than others.

I too think that 70lbs in 3 months is alot. That is definately not healthy but it sure sounds good. I would love to have been able to do that...*smile* I just want to lose these last 10lbs.

Iris...thanks for the info on the oranges. I am going to wait until after TOM passes next week and see how my weight is...I just may break down and do the juice. I don't buy anything from the center so I just might buy the juice and do the 3 day over one of the weekends. Yes...the scales they are a nightmare to me right now. I try not to rely on them soooo much...becuase my clothes fit fine...it is just hard. So how are things going with you?

Monkeybabies....Let us know how you do on the 3 day!

Jib...are you doing the weekends off this weekend too?
Old 03-26-2003, 08:55 AM   #3  

Tab-
Have you tried looking for peanut butter protein bars? Maybe that would help with the cravings.

I am DEFINATELY doing weekends off again! This time I am going to add in a few other foods. I need to sit down and make a grocery list. It is a lot of work making the meal plans for the weekends off. I wish they had a menu of the suggested meal plans like they do for the regular plan. I have not figured out a good way to get all the foods in yet.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  

Good morning Ladies,

70lbs in 3 months, DON'T I WISH THAT WAS POSSIBLE unless she was sick! There's just no way.

I haven't posted in a couple of days, the work schedule has been very hectic but I've still gotten in my daily workouts. Eating has been good, except last night, I eat Chinese and I know I shouldn't have, but I did feel it this morning. As I was getting ready to leave for the gym, I usually put on my jewelry and I had a hard time getting my rings on. I never have swelling because I’m not a salt eater; I never use salt so the food I ate had a very high content of sodium. I just wanted to tell on myself, my DH doesn’t feel like anything is wrong with it every once in a while.

I am Tab—I know you exercise a lot, a friend told me that I might be doing too much. When you were heavier did you still exercise as much? Yesterday, I worked out for 2 hrs because I new I wouldn’t make it back to the gym because I needed to leave early. I also had plans on going to an aerobic class last night but she talked me out of it saying that only people who are training should be working out like that. She’s no expert but she has been working out for a lot of years. I’m just curious; do you know anything about that?

Anyone who knows about exercising & weight loss is welcome to answer the question.

Well, good luck to all on a healthy day!

PS--the weather here has been great, sunny skies!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:16 PM   #5  

Where is everyone?!
Old 03-26-2003, 02:24 PM   #6  

Kim....I have heard something very similar to that also. But to be honest I just love to work out. When I say that the first thing that I usually get is "You don't have kids do you". Well no not yet. I usually work out for about 2hrs a day. Not all at the same time but once at lunch time and once at night. To be honest I had a horrible workout today. It was step aerobics but I have noooo energy. I again blame it on TOM and it is not even here yet...*smile*

I have always worked out that much...at least for the last 5 years. When I was 252 I would work out for 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day for 7 days. I was always told that I should take a break...I know it is true...I just didn't want to. As I started to lose the weight I started to work out longer and then I learned about the gym across the street and I joined and that is when the two times a day comes in.

To be honest I think I am going to take tonight off. I don't remember the last time that I have not worked out in the evening. But I kinda sorta worked out today but i had no energy so it sucked. I have heard that you should at least give your body one day to rest and recover. I just feel guilty about taking tonight off because of how bad I have been eating lately. Not bad eating...just snacking on peanut butter.

Jib...I have tried the peanut butter protein bars....and I just would prefer the real stuff....well I eat the reduced fat kind. I sometimes wonder that if I get this craving around TOM becuase my body is trying to tell me that I am missing something. Maybe I need more fat or something. I don't know. I just can't understand how I feel when I crave this stuff I am like a mad woman. And don't stand in my way *smile*
Old 03-26-2003, 04:13 PM   #7  

There are things worse than peanut butter that you could be eating! At least it is protein rich.

What brand low fat do you get? I bought the peter pan once and I thought it was REALLY dry.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #8  

Hi Tab,

I hope it's OK to call you Tab, I really get confussed about what name to call my friends on the board, I truly wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Anyway, thanks for the information, I feel the same way. I've been heavy most of my life and I've always worked out even when I wouldn't eat right (7 yrs & counting). I do take Sunday's off, that's my day to spend with the Lord and my DH and family.

My goal when I'm in the gym is to burn at least 1000 calaries a day, I don't know how correct the machines are but if I can't do that in one setting than I go back for a second. I believe people think I'm in there for hours at a time because I'm a sweater, after about 15 minutes, my head is popping off sweat and my workout clothes difinately get a workout too. I also try to drink at least a 1/2 gallon of water a day. I don't always make it but I do try. Getting home in the evening is a killer for me. I also think because I've worked out for so many years it makes it almost impossible to loss without working out, or maybe it's in my head

I workout at balley's and it's real close to where I work (1 block) so I do take advantage of my membership. I would love to workout some evenings but its not feasible for me, southern maryland don't have balley's, isn't that something!

Anyway, Tab, you need a break, especially that TOM. My girlfriends always ask me what are you trying to do KILL yourself! So I'm asking you the same question. A break is OK and yes we do feel guilty but our bodies will thank us tomorrow!

Have a great evening!
Old 03-26-2003, 06:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Talking

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a couple of days but I still staying 100% OP. I'm the type that once I started cheating.....that's it. Before too long I'll be back to my old bad habits. With that, I'm down a total of 7.2lbs .............that's alot for one week - but, HEY.....I'm not complaining .

Kimbo - I live in S. MD (at least until 30 Jun). Do you go to LA in Waldorf? Also, I go to Sport and Health - they have some pretty good spinning classes.

Have a great evening everyone! Stay positive!

Nothing tastes as good and being thin.......except peanut butter
Old 03-26-2003, 06:55 PM   #10  

Hi everyone:
I have been struggling these past couple of days. It seems like after doing the 3-day all I did was eat.
Marcie I should not have gotten the Luna bars I am not handling them to well, they are to tempting.
Diane
Old 03-26-2003, 07:11 PM   #11  

Diane-
Why are they more tempting than the LA lites? Just curious, because I see them as the same thing and never binge on them.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:52 AM   #12  

They kind of remind me of of rice crispy treats.
Diane
Old 03-27-2003, 09:01 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies....

Well I was down at 8oz last night at weigh-in. Finally a little bit of a loss. I will take it. I did not have any peanut butter last night. That is a good thing. I am striving to be back in the 130's by next week. That is a mini goal for myself.

Jib...I think that is what I think to when I am eating the peanut butter. That I could be eating bread. pasta, potatoes and rice. All my weaknesses. The weird thing is that I used to hate peanut butter. When me and my husband starting living together he loves pb&j sandwiches...soooo I tried one and then boom we were both eating them for dinner. Talk about an easy dinner. I was in heaven. To this day he still likes to have pb&j for dinner and lunch too. I like the Skippy Reduced Fat...and it has to be chuncky. I thought that the next time I buy I will buy creamy because my husbands like chuncky or creamy and I only eat chuncky. So I might try that. I will proably just start eating the creamy...*smile*

Kim...Calling me Tab is great....Wow...I finally have found some one who is just as crazy as me when it comes to working out....*smile* I used to be the exact same way. I would use that calorie counter and think OK...I burned 400 calories and my frozen meal was only 380 so I am doing good...*smile*....but about 1 1/2 years ago when I started spinning on a regular basis and I could not tell how many calories I was burning my husband bought me a heart rate monitor. And let me tell you that has changed my workout habits. This little watch is great. I programmed it with all my information..and then it sets you target heartrate zone. And what I love the most is that it does have a calorie counter. So I not only can see how many calories I have burned but I will know what my heart rate is and if I am even working out in my targert heartrate zone. I just totally love my monitor. It was the best xmas gift my husband could give me. And it totally changed the way I do things at the gym. To be honest I have learned that I can up the intensity in my workout and workout for only 20 minutes and burn the same amount of calories if I would have done it for 30 minutes at a moderate level. Check out the website for heartrate monitors. www.polarusa.com. I can't say enough good things about mine.

I did go to the gym and workout last night. After I had lunch I seemed to have more energy so I went and did an hour of cardio and then I went to weigh in. Our center closes at 7pm so I have to rush. I go to Sport and Health and I just love our gym. We have a Balley's but it is a little out of my way. But to be honest I have thought about joining so I can see different people and have different aerobic classes.....and different cardio machines. Now that is what you call crazy. I would be willing to pay another gym membership. I have my sport and health, my work gym, and I wanted to add balley's. I know crazy. I too feel that if I don't work out I won't loss weight. It is all in our heads...exercise is good but I tend to be a little obsessive.

SnapyGing....Wow....7.2lbs..I would take that any day. Keep up the good work. Just staying OP 100% is great.

Diane...You can do it. Yes..the Luna bars are great. I love the chocolate peppermint stick.

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #14  

Diane-
You better not try the new LAWL caramel bars then! They are a lot like the balance and luna bars! OH SO YUMMY!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #15  

Good morning all!

I really got off to a late start this morning, thus meaning I had to cut my workout short. I hate that and today I won't be able to go back at lunch time. I really want to start working out in the evenings. I think this will help me stay focus at night, that seams to be my struggling time. Some nights are good and some bad. That's why I believe I stay around the same in my weight loss. I've got to figure something out!

SnapyGing--Yes, I go to LAWL in Waldorf, it's OK but I don't have the drive I need as I did when I first started. I can barely make it in once a week. Also, where is Sport and Health? I was just thinking this morning after working out that I've got to find a reasonable gym down my way. This would help me a lot. I only want a 3 month contract at a time so I hope they have something available. Also, congrats on your WL, that should make you feel like going on!

Jibbelle-Did you receive your Balance bars from ebay yet? How was the size? I received an email from a person who had previously purchased these bars and he said they were very small, not the regular size. He just wanted to warn me. So let me know? I'm still waiting on my tapes from bestbuy. Hopefully, I'll get them soon.

Tab-You are funny, I truly have a workout junky friend! Thanks so much for the website, you know I'm going to purchase one I don't care how much it cost. Even as I was asking Snapy about the Sport & Health, I was thinking, am I to obsessed! Another membership, my husband will think I'm crazy, but he'll support me as long as I go. Tab, this morning I was only able to burn 800 calories and I can't go back this afternoon because of meetings so I was really disappointed. There is an aerobic class I can go to but I haven't cooked my DH a meal all this week and he's been working a lot of overtime. So I feel bad about that but I feel like I need to do something tonight. I have also up the intensity because as you change the weight it takes a longer time to match the calories. When I started back in Dec, I was almost looking 300 in the eye and became frantic. Because I'm tall (6'0), I've always been able to get away with it but I don't ever want to go that way again. So now that I've told on myself again, I guess I better get some work done.

I'll check back later!
Closed Thread