Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #1  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

Default The Etsy Diet

I swear, every time I lose focus I just go look at the stuff I desperately want to wear on Etsy. Especially the stuff from Thailand and China, though I know a lot of their "Its handmade!" stuff can be found in stores, thus exposing them...but sometimes its cheaper or just imitation. Still, the low riding harem pants, yoga pants, custom work, AAAARGH. And all the plus sized stuff on Etsy is either giant ball gowns in size 14 or clothing meant for 60+, age wise.

Does anyone else find themselves pawing through Etsy and just wanting to scream? Sure keeps me focused.

Anyone else use unique clothing as a nice focus point? (Or worse, get a little 3: like me?) I want to look good. Or my own version of it.

DOWN WITH JEANS AND T-SHIRTS!

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 11-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

2 words: festival dresses.
I'm obsessed with them, and a lot of other handmade clothes on there! Look at my pic in my profile, that one is my favorite I've ever bought! I loveloveloveeee that site
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #3  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I love steampunk clothing and am drooling over a few corsets. It's one of the items I hope to treat myself to once I reach my goal weight.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #4  
You'll be given love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post
I love steampunk clothing and am drooling over a few corsets. It's one of the items I hope to treat myself to once I reach my goal weight.
Oh, that is a great idea. I should do something like that, though I had my eye on the harem paints from Thailand. If I wore them now, I'd look like Buddha!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/180/165 lbs 95/82/75 kgs

Height: 5'10

Love Etsy! I buy a lot of jewellery and clothing/fabric on there.

I collect Gunne Sax skirts and dresses and it's motivating for me to think of wearing them and having them look good... they're so feminine, they just look better when I'm lighter. Plus it's easier to find skirts that fit when I'm slimmer, lately I've been turning the smaller skirts into tops because I know I won't get into them!

Nebuchadnezzar, can you recommend a seller for yoga pants? My fav pair is stretching out and becoming crap now.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #6  
You'll be given love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Love Etsy! I buy a lot of jewellery and clothing/fabric on there.

I collect Gunne Sax skirts and dresses and it's motivating for me to think of wearing them and having them look good... they're so feminine, they just look better when I'm lighter. Plus it's easier to find skirts that fit when I'm slimmer, lately I've been turning the smaller skirts into tops because I know I won't get into them!

Nebuchadnezzar, can you recommend a seller for yoga pants? My fav pair is stretching out and becoming crap now.
Yoga pants? Oh yes, yes I can! I also like to wear nylon/polyester (or something) Gauchos for my yoga if that helps. But Jmarco has a good selection from what I saw. Sweetcakecookie, too
Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

yes, totally! i love that site, but sadly a lot of stuff just won't look good til i lose my last 30 pounds. it is definitely motivating!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mine is sort of an Etsy-related diet helper - I craft. It's a wonderful distraction from other things I might eat.

I make most of my holiday gifts, and many other gifts as well. I knit hats and scarves, bead bracelets, necklaces, and earrings, make fleece blankets and hats, and scent/mold/package soaps, bath gels, lotions, bath bombs, bath salts, and solid perfumes. I'm on a bath-stuff jag at the moment, so tonight I made two solid perfumes (one peony scented, one lavender), a few bars of lavender kitchen soap (basic shea butter soap with a little apricot kernel meal to make it scrubby for kitchen hands), and scented a few shower gels (one a blend of tangerine/fresh grass/green tea that is very sporty and energizing, the other gardenia scented).

Not really related to your post, but I've always called my crafting instead of eating my "Etsy Diet", so I had to share
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I've been eyeing (okay, drooling) over the bodices from this seller.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dragonfly1076?ref=pr_shop_more
I could fit easily into the smallest size offered (6) but I'm waiting for more to be posted in that size and perhaps in some even prettier fabrics(there are some that have been sold that are breathtaking)... and when, and only when, I have made it into the 130's and there's an absolutely gorgeous one for sale will I allow myself to buy one.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 AM   #10  
You'll be given love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horo View Post
I've been eyeing (okay, drooling) over the bodices from this seller.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dragonfly1076?ref=pr_shop_more
I could fit easily into the smallest size offered (6) but I'm waiting for more to be posted in that size and perhaps in some even prettier fabrics(there are some that have been sold that are breathtaking)... and when, and only when, I have made it into the 130's and there's an absolutely gorgeous one for sale will I allow myself to buy one.
Oooooogh, those are amazing...
Closed Thread