View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #9
cheryl126

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Every post in this thread has something that I could quote and say, "that sounds just like me!"

I spent the last 6 months in the 142-145 range and could not get it to budge even though I was running 3-5x/week and doing other exercise. However, I'm in grad school too and realized that my calories get a little off-track around exam time because of the very high stress level, so for the past 2 weeks, I've been really tracking what I've been eating and I'm down to 138 or 139! Finally! I did a double take when I saw 13_ on the scale...it's been a few years since I've seen that!

For the past month or two I've also been a pseudo vegan. I almost never eat meat anyway (a few times/year), but I decided to see if I could drastically cut down my dairy since I'm not convinced that it's that great for you anyway. I'm a complete cheese-aholic and thought of cheese as a condiment that made every dish amazing, but honestly, I don't really miss it and I feel so much lighter now. I think the dairy really bogged me down and caused me to eat more calories than I really needed.

Keep doing what you're doing because you'll be there before you know it! I think counting calories more diligently was the key for me, but it sounds like most of you are doing that already I try to stick to around 1500, maybe a little bit less if I haven't been exercising. Good luck everyone!