South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Weekend (formerly Scary Saturday) Chat

It's Saturday, yahoo! I spoke to my soon to be landlord and there's a rec. center called Joan Kroc (yes, the McDonald's people) that is reasonable so I'll have a gym to use when I get out there! I can't wait for 1/4/2011! 2011 will be the year I take back what's mine in all aspects and respects! I will lose the weight and in 2012, I will go back to school and begin to pay off debts! Also, in 2012, I plan to have a man in my life as I'm not getting any younger and I know I have a lot of love to give.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Morning, Okie!!! Those are all good goals to have. It's funny, people always tell me that I seem happy single and, for the most part, I guess that's true...but OF COURSE there are times when I'm lonely and wish I had a man in my life to share it with, yanno???

Anyway, obviously I made it back from the airport safe and sound. We picked Jersey up just after 10 PM and made our way back home. Then today (yesterday for you guys, but it's still Friday to me, LOL) I got up early and me and Jersey went shopping for V's baby gift. With the online donations I got, my money, and Jersey's money we had $250 to spend. We got her a high chair (holy ****, when did those things get to be $130!?!?!?), diapers, wipes, a Johnson's bathtime set w/ all the oils and lotions in it, washclothes, hooded towels, crib sheets, a bottle brush, pacifiers, soothies, orajel, a digital thermometer pacifier (LOVE THOSE!!!), and a frog that vibrates (that's from me specifically b/c I collect frogs). After adding in the cards (1 from me, 1 from Jersey, and 1 from the forum) and wrapping paper and tissue paper our total was $244.67...AWESOME!!! We ended up having to go pick up a few more bows so we ended up spending another $3. That's some good math there, though. LOL

I'm working all weekend...4 1/2 more hours tonight. My bestfriend should have gotten into town sometime tonight so tomorrow (Saturday) we'll meet up and have lunch. Then it's make up day at the gym (missed today...boo!!!) and work again. I can't wait until next week when I finally have some time off...yay!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oops...hit "submit" too soon. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Pop in and tell us what your plans are!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!!

I am cursing myself...I get up at 5:10 on weekdays now to go on the treadmill, and my silly body wants to do that on the weekend now too. BLECH!!!

Okie - YAY for you!! You have a wonderful attitude, and I pray for all the best for you!

Natasha - what a haul! Fabulous!! Isn't baby shopping fun? (I think so when it's not for me!)

Me - Just enjoying some peace and quiet before the family gets up in a couple of hours. I *might* try to scrub the floor before they wake up (and I might not!). The kids have play dates here this afternoon, so they get to help clean too!

I went with a friend shopping yesterday, and she corrupted me by going somewhere B-A-D. I'm hoping I made up for it by jumping on the treadmill last night .

Have a great beachy day!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I don't think I ever got around to posting yesterday. I forgot we were dropping the car off at the garage and had to rush out of here early. Then I arrived home to a completely dark house. The power was out in the area. By the time it came back on I was busy getting a workout in and cleaning up.

Okie - I love your attitude and what a great time of year to leave winter!

Natasha - Sounds like another busy and fun weekend for you.

Twynn - I was thinking the same thing at 5 this morning. For once the cats let us sleep in but I was awake anyway.

Today is a normal weekend finally. I am so looking forward to cooking, cleaning (soooo much of that to do) and maybe a little curling up with a good book. There's apples waiting to go in the dehydrator and soups to be made. It's so nice to be back in my old routine.

I do have to go to the old job and clean my desk and computer out completely. The new person is starting Monday I really hope that I will just work the full day Tuesday and then spend an hour here or there supporting and answering questions.

Time to run again. We are having breakfast in town and DW is going to keep me company while I clean my old space (and use the WiFi). The sun is out and it's supposed to warm up and be a lovely fall day.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Okie ~ I'm happy and excited for you and your future goals. Life is looking good, isn't it?

Natasha ~ Have fun with your girlfriends! Yes, babies and all their necessities are costly, unfortunately. It's great that you're all helping your friend out.

Twynn, I'm impressed that you got up early to work out!

Shoot, now Jake is ready to leave for breakfast and errands already. I'll be back later.
Have a Super Saturday!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like a plan, Okie.

Natasha, you sound like you are having a good time and enjoying life.

Twynn, I'd sure postpone that floor cleaning until later.

Today is actually my Friday since yesterday sort of exploded on me. I got very little done because of way too many people around but did manage to get the garden carts and wheel barrows into the barn. The village planters MUST be finished today before we lose the sunny "warm" days. (In November in this area, 40ºF is warm!) As usual, I have tons of accounting work and a large deposit to put in the bank in the next town. Whoops! Just checked and I will be working a Church supper tonight. I hope this time there is turkey left for we poor workers!

Gotta get it in gear because Saturday is now looking scary!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Whoops! Cyndi and Cottage snuck in.

I would love to join you and Jake for breakfast, Cottage. It seems way too long since I've seen you two.

Cyndi, good idea to clear out your old office on a Saturday when there are no distractions. I hope your week turns out as planned. Meanwhile, enjoy your Saturday.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Cyndi, sounds like a great opportunity for closure. I have to admit I love that final "closing the book" on whatever, whether it is cleaning an apartment I am leaving or something else. Sounds like you have a peaceful weekend planned.

We're going upstate to see my parents; coming back tomorrow and having dinner with friends. Nothing big, which is good. Hope everyone has a great one!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Okie - Love that enthusiasm!

Natasha - Phew, you are busy. I have not shopped for a baby gift in a long time but am not surprised that things cost a lot now.

Twynn - I can't sleep later either! I had no reason to be up at 6:00 today. Sigh.

Cyndi - Sometimes routine is nice What are you reading?

Linda - Have a great day. Catch ya later.

Ruth - You always have so much going on! But, brrrr.

Mmc - Have a nice visit.

I am taking my teen for his first college interview today. Fortunately it is a safety school since he made the choice to go to a sleep-over last night for a friend's birthday. Sigh. I cannot wait until this whole college application process if done.

Ate well yesterday. Feeling better already

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Changing the title of this thread to Weekend Chat. I'm no longer scared of Saturday. It's amazing what coffee can do to make you brave!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Sounds like you have the next couple years figured out FO! I love having a plan!

Cyndi- I agree with MCM, sounds like some closure on the old job! Glad you finally get to have a normal weekend! Enjoy it I am right there with you on the cleaning though. I wish I could afford a maid!

Ruth- not so scary saturday anymore, eh? LOL, too cute! Its going to be in the 70s here and I am thrilled-with the windows open cleaning doesn't seem so bad

Linda, Natasha, Twynn, Karen and any others to come I hope you have a great weekend!

For me as stated above, clean clean cleaning today, Cutting DH's hair, he looks homeless. LMAO, for a man with a stylist as a wife I sure leave him running around with terrible hair... A girls night in tonight, a friend is hosting a girls night at her house so I will have to find something OP to bring and be sure to limit myself to 2 drinks! I think I may pick up a bottle of wine... I am hoping the boys don't go too crazy and that we can make it home tonight instead of staying with a friend... Seems my sundays never turn into much when I have to start out with an hour drive home! Other than that, just eating OP today again! Yesterday was the first time in a while that happened for me and I feel so much better when I feel in control!

Happy Saturday all!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks for your love ladies!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #14  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Hey everyone Just got back from my walk so deserve to be able to sit for a few minutes before chores.

FO What a plan! Good for you. It will be my pleasure to be a small part of watching it unfold. I think I mentioned before that I love to visit San Diego. You will have to get a bike if you don't have one already as that is so popular there..folks biking everywhere. Plus you have have wonderful seafood available to you.

Nat, I love baby showers Such a happy time. I went crazy when both of our daughters were pregnant and we only have one GD but I had a great time buying her little clothes until she got old enough to pick out her own and her taste was nothing like mine .

Twy, after I retired I decided that I would never get up before the sun again and so far I've been able to pretty much keep that promise. Bet you did the floor.

Cyndi glad you are finally getting to have a nice quiet relaxful weekend. You deserve it.

Ruth hope you were able to finish the village planters. Have a good time at the supper tonite and grab a piece of turkey early girl.

Not much going on here today. Plan to clean our three sliding glass doors. It's surprising how many little smudges there are just about the height of our dog. Got the family room finished yesterday so that is off my list for a while. Will also spend some time going through the books that were donated yesterday, sorting and getting ready to see about listing them.

It is so pretty outside and expected to hit the low 70's so may find time to take a break out on the deck and soak up some rays.

Later
Old 11-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I worked a looonnnggg day, I'm tired, and have to wait to eat for stepdaughter to get in town :-/

I'll be back for personals later (after dinner) I just wanted to check in and say hi It sounds like everyone is off to a good weekend

(Rikki, my DH threatens me with going to a barber if I don't cut his hair, he likes it short LOL) but my kids are scruffy LOL

I am hoping to get online later tonight, wish me luck staying OP when I am so hungry going to dinner
Closed Thread