Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #1  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Default Anyone trying to get out of the 140s?

Argggh! I cannot WAIT to get below 140!!!!

140 is definitely where I start noticing my weight and not liking it...150 and I am really in trouble. But, like many, my body loves to bounce up to 150 whenever I go without exercise / eating right for a few months.

For 2 YEARS prior to last year, I was able to stay at 142. I even started exercising and dropped a pants size and stayed steady at 142. My body really seems to like this number. Now, granted, I wasn't trying too hard to lose, just trying to be healthy. The spring before last I went vegan for 3 months and dropped down to 135, then last fall I started grad school and before I knew it was was up to 150.

I've been at 142/143 for several weeks now. Granted, at the end of October I was out of town and kinda went off plan, but I've been sticking to 1500 since Nov 1 and haven't gone under 142.

Anyone else working towards this goal and want to join in this thread? I can't wait to say good bye to the 140's FOREVER!!!!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I'm ready to kiss the 140's goodbye too. It can't come soon enough. I've wanted a glass of wine for a few weeks now, but keep putting it off because I'm convinced it will be the thing that ruins me from seeing the 130's any time soon. I just can't wait for the day!!

TOM started yesterday, and I've been weighing in at 144 the last couple days. I"m crossing my fingers that I weigh 141-142 after TOM. I'm being a saint eating-wise and am hitting the gym tomorrow for a hard core lifting session

Yeah, grad school did me in for sure . Sooo stressfull!!! The 2nd baby didn't help either lol!

I bet we'll hit 139 within a couple weeks of each other, if not closer. Keeping my fingers crossed! I"m glad you started this thread

Last edited by pinkflower; 11-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I'm sooo sick of the 140's. I initially lost weight last year and managed to stay at 137 for a few months, where I felt great and healthy, though not perfect. I even saw 134 for about a minute and then I just started to slip and slip and somehow made my way back up to 147. So disappointing! Anyway, something finally clicked about a month ago and I've been back to healthy eating and running and feel so much better, but the scale is moving slooowly. I've been at 144 for over a week now and it's starting to drive me crazy! I love being healthy and I'm glad I'm back to my healthy ways, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for it to show more on the scale. And yes, grad school is a disaster zone for weight loss! I'm a 3rd year med student - long hours, always getting yelled at, free food everywhere...yikes!

Are you guys counting cals? What's your limit? I try to stay under 1500, go running 4x/week and go to yoga, and some days I'm just hungry all the time! I keep going back and forth between wanting to lose slowly at a higher calorie limit and just dropping down to like 1300 but I don't want to trigger a binge (which is what happened last time!) so I guess slow and steady wins the race. Good luck to you!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I cannot wait to see a 13_ number on the scale. The lowest weight I got to in my first round of loss was 142, I stayed there for a bit, and then in maintenance it rounded out to about 145... which isn't bad, but the 130's would be better. I'm going to jump for joy when I get out of the 140's.

To answer the question in the above post, I am counting calories and aiming for anywhere in a range of 1,200 to 1,550, most days ending up nearer the higher end of that range, which is fine. I'd love to see these last 15 gone, but I'm truly not in a hurry for that.

Last edited by Horo; 11-12-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #5  
Yogini

Glad I'm not the only one going for the 130's!

Pinkflower - sounds like you are going great and well on your way to be at 142 after TOM ends.

Takingcharge - sounds like we will be finishing up grad school at about the same time. I'm about halfway through business school and am so excited about graduating! I am working full time along with it, so not much time for working out. I try to get to yoga once or twice a week and I was running but I stopped because I was getting too hungry. I am trying to get motivated to start back up with that 2-3 times per week. I am counting calories and my goal is 1500.

Horo - sounds like you are going great. What was your original starting weight from your first round of weight loss? I too am going to jump for joy when I get to the 130's. I really thought I'd be there by now but the scale just is not moving lately. I am trying to up the exercise. I had some days off work/school this week and have made it to yoga 3 times already and plan one more tomorrow. Yaaay me! Oh, i just realized i've seen you post in the calorie counting thread - your days sound so yummy. I noticed you eat vegan, is this for weightloss or your regular lifestyle? I've been vegetarian for about 15 years and go back and forth with the veganism...i've always found it helpful in losing weight but I have a hard time sustaining the lifestyle.

Last edited by Wildflower; 11-12-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Oh yeah. I am so sick of the 140s, I've been here for ages. In my whole life, I don't remember ever being in the 130s. I think I was in the 120s in elementary school.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #7  

Looks like we're all shooting for similar calories ranges! It's funny because one day it'll feel effortless and then the next I'm just counting down until I can go to bed so I'm not hungry anymore (I let myself eat a little more on those days!).

Wildflower - I hear you on the running. I'm training for a half marathon and I know it's really tough to train properly and still lose weight, but I'm giving it my best shot. 8 miles today means I'll prob eat 1800 or so calories, so I'm just trying to balance everything out. And good for you for getting in exercise with your busy schedule! It can be so tough to fit it in but so worth it, even just for stress relief!

Good luck to everyone with staying on plan this weekend! I keep reminding myself that if I want to see a lower number on Monday, I have to keep myself in line over the weekend. We can do it!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
Horo - sounds like you are going great. What was your original starting weight from your first round of weight loss? I too am going to jump for joy when I get to the 130's. I really thought I'd be there by now but the scale just is not moving lately. I am trying to up the exercise. I had some days off work/school this week and have made it to yoga 3 times already and plan one more tomorrow. Yaaay me! Oh, i just realized i've seen you post in the calorie counting thread - your days sound so yummy. I noticed you eat vegan, is this for weightloss or your regular lifestyle? I've been vegetarian for about 15 years and go back and forth with the veganism...i've always found it helpful in losing weight but I have a hard time sustaining the lifestyle.
My original starting weight was 200 lbs, which seems crazy to me now that I look back on it!
I am also trying to really focus on exercise now. It used to be all about diet for me, but I really want to also see the benefits of consistent exercise this time around. ^^
I became vegan primarily for moral/lifestyle reasons, but part of what helps me stick with it is the health benefits I get as well. It's strange, I lost most of my weight eating an omni diet, and then soon into maintenance I went vegan "cold tofurky" as they say. I honestly don't think I would have maintained as well as I did if I hadn't, and now that I'm restricting calories again I find that it's much easier to eat plenty while meeting my calorie limits.
Major kudos to you for being vegetarian for 15 years! I've only been vegan for a year and a half now and it's something I intend to stick to for life.

Anyway, the best of luck to you in getting to the 130's soon. Hopefully I'll be soon to follow!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Every post in this thread has something that I could quote and say, "that sounds just like me!"

I spent the last 6 months in the 142-145 range and could not get it to budge even though I was running 3-5x/week and doing other exercise. However, I'm in grad school too and realized that my calories get a little off-track around exam time because of the very high stress level, so for the past 2 weeks, I've been really tracking what I've been eating and I'm down to 138 or 139! Finally! I did a double take when I saw 13_ on the scale...it's been a few years since I've seen that!

For the past month or two I've also been a pseudo vegan. I almost never eat meat anyway (a few times/year), but I decided to see if I could drastically cut down my dairy since I'm not convinced that it's that great for you anyway. I'm a complete cheese-aholic and thought of cheese as a condiment that made every dish amazing, but honestly, I don't really miss it and I feel so much lighter now. I think the dairy really bogged me down and caused me to eat more calories than I really needed.

Keep doing what you're doing because you'll be there before you know it! I think counting calories more diligently was the key for me, but it sounds like most of you are doing that already I try to stick to around 1500, maybe a little bit less if I haven't been exercising. Good luck everyone!
cheryl126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #10  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I want out of the 140s too! I lost 20 pounds a total of THREE different times, and I always end up being back at 140 after enjoying a slim self for only a few months. It's so frustrating...

And this third time just feels so much harder. I keep sabotaging my efforts on Friday evenings, when I binge on junk food, after being so diligent and good during the week. Bah! The first two times I lost weight, I was able to consistently eat right and exercise, and the weight just seemed to melt right off! But this time, it's soooo hard... why???

It's just that I exercise like 5, 6 times a week, eat well (I don't count calories but I'd say I eat about 1600cal/day) 5 days out of the week, and the scale does not BUDGE. I know I need to give it more time and be patient, but I'm getting so depressed about it. I didn't even get my period last month, and I don't know why, I'm wondering if my hormones are out of whack or something.

Anyway, it's nice to see there's a thread for us to post our rants and support!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #11  
Yogini

Certainly sounds like we all have a lot in common!

Horo - that's awesome on your weight loss and going vegan!!!

Cheryl - I totally agree with you that dairy adds a ton of calories. I know whenever I have gone vegan, I basically ate whatever I wanted in terms of vegan cakes and chocolates, but I STILL lost weight. Avoiding dairy just helps make choices so much easier. Maybe I will try giving it up for the week...it just seems like reduced fat cheese and yogurt keep me really full because of the protein or something.

Well...I was 142 AGAIN this morning. I am seriously getting frustrated. I've done really well sticking at 1500 calories for the past 2 weeks (with the exception of two meals out) and I even went to yoga the last 4 days in a row.

The only thing I can think of is I am retaining water. My ring is SUPER tight, but my hands in general are a bit sore as I've been off work and typing on my laptop a bit too much. Drinking some coffee and water this morning trying to flush out some of this excess water...perhaps I will be down a few lbs soon.

But, well, I am seriously getting frustrated not seeing the scale move. Maybe I will cut my calories down a bit next week...only, I don't think I can survive on less that 1400 especially if I start running again. Maybe I will start with the running and see if it helps get the scale moving.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #12  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Another one here. I got down to 138 before my wedding in July, but I came back from honeymoon in August at 144 and I have been struggling to lose it ever since.

I got down to 138 by eating 1200-1300, but I was HUNGRY on it. I am trying for a higher calorie limit at the moment, especially as I am training for a marathon - I am aiming for 1600 or so, but there always seems to be something. This week, it was our anniversary of our very first date on Fiday so we went out, so of course, the little weight I had lost this week went back on again! When you are only losing fractions of a pound per week it is so easy to put it back on gain and get disheartened!

I am aiming for 139 by Christmas, but then it will be up again after Christmas and we'll be in exactly the same place.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #13  
Yogini

Welcome Robsia and congrats on your wedding!

That's so cute you and your husband celebrated the anniversary of your first date! My fiancee and I celebrate the anniversary of the day we met and we also went out to celebrate our 6 months of engagement.

I hear ya about being hungry all the time...i don't know what the answer is, but it's especially hard when running I think. I actually stopped my running in August as I was just too darn hungry and never lost a pound doing it. I want to start up again now though, as I do think it has health benefits and I shouldn't have given it up.

Good for you training for a marathon!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #14  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I would love to be 139 by Christmas, or even better, mid-December. I just can't wait!

I was 143.8 today and hoping I still have some water retention because it's the end of TOM. I too eat between 1350-1500. It' a lot of food because I eat mostly clean. If I ate those same calories in processed foods, I'd still be hungry at 1700 cals, and I'd also gain weight!

It's my dad's birthday today, and I made a chocolate mousse cake. I'm definitely having a small piece. I am preparing by eating very light and healthy all day and my indulgence will not include dinner!

Robsia, I bet it's mostly water weight because of all the crazy sodium from eating out! I bet by Tues. your weight will go back down
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #15  

It's so great to hear from all of you because I feel like we're all so similar! I can especially relate with the whole losing a fraction of a pound and then gaining it right back after eating a piece of candy or a cookie. It drives me crazy! It also seems like we're all eating pretty cleanly, which is great in terms of health and what we're doing for our bodies, but I'm sure we'd all love to see the scale follow suit!

I'm still stuck at 144, going on 3 weeks now, but I am starting to see some changes in my body, getting some muscle tone back, generally feeling better. And I keep reminding myself that this way of life makes me happy! I will never be one of those people who can go along eating cookies and muffins and stay thin, it's just not reality. Coming to terms with that and reminding myself of that often definitely helps. Any other good coping strategies out there for when the scale is being stubborn?