South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chatter

Good Morning

It's a freezing cold day in my neighborhood....Up and at 'em! The pups (and I) have reluctantly been outside and we're all enjoying the warmth of home. I'm working on an indoor project this morning hoping that something a little more exciting will pop up when the sun rises.

What is everyone up to today? Stop and chat before heading out!

I maneuvered around DH's snacks yesterday and had an OP day. I'm headed in that direction today, too.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat

Another sunny day coming up! I'll celebrate with a second cup of coffee before I leap into action.

Today I get my new water softener installed and the dishwasher put in. It'll be great to get that extra dishwasher out of the back room. The "lads" are back from deer hunting and feeling great to know they have meat in the freezer. Whether or not you approve of hunting, the reality is that this is an economically depressed area and people have families to feed. Hunting and fishing is essential for lots of folks.

Book Club tonight at Barb's place here in town. We DWARPS (Drinkers With A Reading Problem) are going to have pizza at Bob's diner before we walk over. I may have to drive though to pick up Ernie who is recovering from hip surgery but determined to get to the meeting.

Time to crank it up. This just might be the day for outside work and finishing the village planters if the workies are outta here on time.

What's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

(sigh) after 4 days of being OP I gained a half a pound! It must just be my body's "delay" after vacation. I did lose a quarter inch off my waist though. South Beach rules but can be so frustrating. Today should be a quiet day at work, doing mostly clean up and some organizing. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 11-12-2010, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I got the laundry started before I allowed myself to sit down with my coffee. Mmmmmm, worth waiting for!

Debbie ~ It's hovering around the freezing point here right now, but we're supposed to warm up into the high 50s later today. Hang on to that willpower and make today another clean OP day!

Ruth ~ DWARPS. I love it! Aptly named, I bet! It will be nice to finally get your new dishwasher in, and a new water softener, too! I hope you're able to get out and enjoy some sunshine today!

Matilda ~ don't let that fickle scale determine your day. It's probably just a temporary blimp, since you've been staying OP. Just keep in mind that your body is showing you that you are shrinking, and hold on to that thought.

I want to try to get the laundry finished before heading over to Mom & Dad's to have coffee with my aunt & uncle and bid farewell to them before they leave for the airport. We had such a nice visit while they were here and I'll miss them. Aunt Judy said it's time for me to visit Minnesota again, and I think I will one day soon.
I need to pick up a few groceries, but I won't linger, as I've told myself to come straight home afterwards and get the housework done before allowing myself some playtime. So that's the plan.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-12-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, I hope you got to enjoy that second cup of coffee! Yay for getting your dishwasher finally put in now that your happy hunters are home. In Alaska, we called it subsistance, because that is what it was and still is. Have fun at book club tonight.

Matilda(Mmc), are you still doing the shakes? Perhaps you have a little water weight. Don't worry.

Linda, I'll bet it's been nice having your family visiting. I think I would visit Minnesota in the summer. I hope your chores go quickly so you can get to enjoying some playtime.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - My own DH's snacks have been giving me fits lately. I so wish I could just get all the crap out of our house. Sigh. Here's to another OP day for us both.

Ruth - What book did you read?

Mmc - Hang in there. The scale is so fickle.

Linda - Glad you had a nice visit. Minnesota in the winter... brrr!

Yesterday I spent more hours trying to recreate the family's medical history for this insurance application. But I realized it has not been 5 years since my last skin cancer so am trying to convince DH we need to wait a few more months. Sigh.

Today is my weekly workout with my mom. Then groceries. No bike ride since it is raining here for the second day in a row. Had a totally OP day yesterday after a horrible week so hopefully the momentum will build again.

Have a great day all.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Debbie,
I never drink shakes, but I do think it could be water weight. At least, I'm telling myself that!!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #8  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone

Lex, I was chicken this morning and just opened the door and let our pup go outside by himself. I was laughing at him though because after just a few minutes, here he came running as fast as his little short legs would carry him. Once inside he made a beeline to his big old soft bed which is right next to the wood stove and he hasn't moved since. That told me that it's cold out here too even though the sun is out .

Ruth, Good for you getting your new dishwasher installed today. Bet you will enjoy that.

MM, it can be so frustrating can't it? Especially after being so on plan good. But it happens to all of us so just hang in there and it will pay off eventually.

Cottage, enjoy your visit with your Aunt and Uncle and hope you wizz through your housecleaning. I chased dust and cobwebs yesterday and got a lot done but still have the big old family room to do today so will be right beside you doing the same thing.

WT, can't you just get buried when doing paperwork? Great job with your op day yesterday. Go for two in a roll now!

Well I'm going to feed DH and Mr. Big (our dog) and then get my butt outside and walk this morning. After that I plan to again chase dust and cobwebs this time in our family room which is an all day project.

Hope you all have a great op day on the beach.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, I sure struggle with the snack thing...at 6' and maybe 145 it isn't an issue for him (even though it has to be just as toxic to his body.) I wish I could just ask him to get rid of it and....he probably would-BUT it's my PROBLEM not his. Hope your workout with mom was fun. I have a preexisting (3 yrs now) and sure wish I had another option. DH is covered by Medicare, but I'm covered by our State high risk plan. Frustrating.

TallandThin, I wish I could just send my pups out by themselves! I miss my woodstove...I'll be with you on the cleaning-today it's the laundry/ski/canning/cat box/storage room...I've been at it for hours already. I will walk today. Maybe I will set a time-like 1/2 hr from now.

Okie(FoodObsessed), I cannot believe that my Nuggets beat your Lakers last night...it was so late I did not even stay up to watch!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I let myself be detoured to a stop at Kohl's after Mom & Dads. It's right next to the grocery store, so how could I resist? BUT! I didn't buy anything for myself and got a major chunk of my Christmas shopping done! Woohoo!!!!!

I just put the groceries away and am eating a salad for lunch, and I promised myself I would get started in on the housecleaning just as soon as I'm finished.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm not happy we lost Debbie but all good things must end.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I've been going crazy today!! I got to the office right on time this morning and things just started going, one right after the other! I finally got time to eat my breakfast 15 minutes ago while I composed a few emails. Why-oh-why does this stuff always happen right before I leave to go out of town for school?!

On the plus side, no time to stop and indulge in those bad treats some naughty office-mate brought in. Oh, and 3 lbs down since Monday!! Woohoo! That first goal is within my clutches!!

Now, back to work before the to-do pile outgrows the done pile again!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 11-12-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Late checkin for me. Busy busy playing catch up since I took the day off yesterday.

Today is day 7 of Phase 1- they brought in a cake today and I have walked by it several times without being tempted. Last week I probably would have caved and had several pieces throughout the day. Whewhoo!!!

Not sure if I will be able to check in tomorrow morning as we are off to another preview day.

I booked our reservations for Gatlinburg over the Christmas Holidays we will be staying in a Log Cabin for 4 days.. not roughing it all it has all the luxuries hehe, even a hot tub on the back porch.
Closed Thread