Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 05:23 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default Daily Chat, Thur, Fri 3-27 3-28

Just getting us started.......it's way to early. Coffee is on, strong and leaded.....have a cup and chat.

Where is everyone? At least check in and say hey!

It's official.......I'm getting old......had my eyes examined and I need progressive lenses........a nicer name for bifocals My near vision is so bad, I take my glasses off to eat I swear 6 months after hitting 40, it seemed my arms weren't long enough to allow me to read things. Now at 43........I must just give up and get the darn things

Stuff to do today to get ready for our trip tomorrow evening. As the Treasure's wife I get the pleasure of going to the bank and getting the cash they think they will need on the trip. Each child will get $10 in cash each day we are gone.......to use for dinner or however they wish. That's a lot of 10's.

I'm also getting my hair cut again.......short.......it feels like an inbetween length and is driving me crazy. I just had it cut, but I have a hard time getting her to cut it as short as I want. To me, it's just hair, it will grow back!!

Off to get this long day started.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:58 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

-L
Old 03-27-2003, 07:24 AM   #3  

Morning, Debkay and L and all to come!

Off for the echo cardiagram today and then I think I am done with all the pre op testing. My step daughter is coming up today around lunch time and we are going to see my step daughter in laws and stepsons new baby. I'll bring lunch up. Step daughter doesn't want to go alone as step daughter in law is not the nicest person in the world and I need to run interference between the two. Truth be known....step daughter in law really is not the nicest person in the world. Between step daughter and I we have 5 kids but some how we are clueless as to how to raise children....my step daughter of course knows how to do it better. I hope I don't bite my tongue off....or smack her.

I will be nice I will be nice I will be nice I will be nice I will be nice

Baseball has started and the big kid has a music show tonight.

off to do laundry and EMPTY MY DISHWASHER!
Old 03-27-2003, 07:32 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Old 03-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #5  

Found our last night I can now give John a hug and lock my fingers behind his back?! Nice.

Really busy today, as always! So hi to all!

Next!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:26 AM   #6  

Hey everyone!!! I just got home from getting a shot in my butt for the pain in my back! I am so hoping to be able to walk more now!!

Still a little discouraged on the weight loss front I caved and weighed myself and it is official I am 7 weeks post-op and have lost 28 lbs (trying hard not to use the "only" word)!!!

I know that the weight has to come off I know mice that eat more than I do..... So I will be patient that is my motto for the day!! But I still get kinda bummed!!

Debbie I am so excited for you I wish I could go with you!!!!

Hazel
Old 03-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #7  
Old Cackler

i've been trying to get here to post, but haven't had the best week, time-wise. when i have the time, i stare at the computer screen for a few minutes and then fall asleep... and then wake up at 1 or 2 am to officially go to bed!!!

things might be breaking on the job front. my old company, the one that went bankrupt while i was on disability, has resurrected itself [can one talk about a resurrected company when it's owned by an israeli??? any theologians care to comment???] and wants me back. they're just not sure in what capacity, and one or two of the senior officials won't believe how fabulous i am until they actually see me.

and had an appt with the personal shopper at bloomingdales on sunday afternoon. i'm telling ya, it was the BEST shopping experience of my life!!! she knows EVERYTHING that's in the store, knows what goes with what, focuses on each client so that she realized very quickly that those tailored suits just aren't for me [she said i looked miserable and unhappy in them!!!!]

and she takes notes!!! and she has a private suite, complete with an enormous dressing room with a triple mirror, a desk, comfy chair, large clothes racks to sort the outfits on. i'm never shopping without her again!!! oh. and she has her own little cappucino machine, and made mom a cup of decaf and delivered it to her, as mom was lounging in a comfy chair watching people go by.

so i have two great dressy work outfits, mix and match. one's a black and white tweed, the other's all black. with a black shell and a white shell, and i'm good to go for awhile. i feel so much better knowing i now have a couple of great outfits for interviews. oh. and i didn't mention the multistrand coral and red beaded choker with earrings to top off both outfits!!!

the plateau from **** seems to be over, but i think it just means that the next one is lurking around the corner. i drop 10 pounds over two weeks, and then nothing for 6-8, then another 10. at least it's coming off and staying off!!!!

hazel, honey. i hate to bring up the E word, but are you exercising at all? please?

on the other hand, some of us are just slower losers than others...

and a safe trip to all of you, debk... although it looks as if you will be having more problems with rain than with anything else...

peachie's step DIL is really a piece of work. i tried to overlook some of the things that she had been doing, but it's not really possible anymore. <sigh> why can't she be as perfect as peachie and i are?? <choke choke>

and luna, now that you can get your arms around john, does this mean that there's a whole lot more hugging going on????? and i'm not going down the rest of THAT path!!!!!

hope to check in again later. this having to work thing interferes with my life!!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:18 PM   #8  
Slowly going crazy!

Things are crazy on my end as well.
We are neck deep in what I call "Honey, we need a Marriage Counsellor"...better known as the Kitchen Remodel.
Found out when I took down our cabinets today that if you hit your thumb with a hammer, and there is a nail sticking out in the wood your thumb is near, that it makes a major booboo! ! ! OUCH. I dropped the hammer and it made a nice dent in our brand new kitchen chairs.
How bout it girls....I say I'm batting 1000 right now. (thumb still hurts when I'm typing, but at least it stopped throbbing and gushing blood).

Hey, I also found out that behind my refrigerator was where our front door used to be. They sure didn't patch the hole up that great. *sigh*. Another project for me and dh before the top cabinets arrive.

I experienced my first bandster nightmare last night when I tried to eat a piece of dry salmon. It got stuck, for 3 hours I was burping up foam and bubbles...I kid you not. Dh got home from AWANA and patted my back for an hour...to get it to loosen up. In no uncertain terms was I planning on sticking my finger down my throat, although I probably should have just to get it over with.

Jiffy....what fun shopping at Bloomingdales! ! !

Peachie....how'd the visit with the Step DIL go?? Sounds like fun times *LOL*....

Hazel...slow is good, although I'm not too familiar with RNY, I'm sure that you are still well within that window of opportunity to lose weight. I've been averaging about 12 pounds a month...gone...

Deb....Have a blast on your trip! ! !

Luna...I'm sure the hugging is in great abundance at your house now. Dh says to me...when he hugs me..."I know have more love to give less of you *LOL*" (as if I'm not confused enough...it took me a while to understand what that meant...*grin*)

Hi to Ruth and "L"

Okay off for my secret meeting at Starbucks with two of my theatre buddies....*teehee* we have a big big secret that we are planning....*teehee*...
Old 03-29-2003, 08:27 PM   #9  
Hang In There

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting in my recliner up icing my knee. Had some repair surgery on my "new" knee Thursday, but it turned out nno to be as bad as they sthought it was. The were planning to have to shve off bone, but when they got in there is was only scar tissue. recovery should be much better.

Jiff: I'm susre Luna will agree that even though YOU don't want to go dow that street, her new man makes for a whole new life. At least that's what's going on with ole Alvin and I. I would venture to say we almost have a "normal" live again.

Alvin is very adamant that WLS is only a very last chance option, and doesn't even want me to consider it, but I look at him and feel so jealous that he's loosinng all this weight and I loose a few then gain them back and loose a few more, well ou all know what I mean. I really thought when he was loosing I'd loose too because I wasn't eatng as much, but somehow it just isn't working. And the more he looses, the worse I feel llike a failure for not being able to loosse too. Does any of this make any sense?

Well, enough feeling sorry for myself. Someone give me a kick in the butt annd get me up again!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:54 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

ummm barb. honey. a last resort doesn't mean a person has to wait until they're nearly dead before they do wls. it means that there's no other way to lose weight...

and this needs to be YOUR decision... and point out to ole alvin how much friskier YOU'LL be .... ummm. that's as far down that road as i'm going!!!!
Closed Thread