General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Default What is your Significant Other Getting this Christmas?

I'm completely lost! What do you ladies plan on getting your spouses for this holiday season as a gift? My guy is a tech lover, and it's pretty safe to say he's a geek. Do you all know what you are giving as a gift this year?
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

mine is a geek too. He is getting a scale model Apollo rocket (yes it launches and we have a 6foot one that he built in the living room) a new iPhone, and some camera equipment.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Yep, my hubby's a geek, too. So much for geeky guys not getting the hot chicks, right?

He's ridiculously tough to buy for because he pretty much gets himself whatever he needs or wants; that doesn't leave much room for me to buy him something. This year, though, he's started exercising in earnest, so I'm thinking of an iPod Nano to wear while walking/jogging and some workout clothes with the Saints' fleur-de-lis on them (Saints stuff is always popular in this household!).

I'll also pick up some small, cool stuff from the latest Extreme Geek catalog. Last year he got a mini-trebuchet that he used to launch the cats' toys.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

My hubs is a complete and total electronics nerd - and he's been keeping a running Christmas list since last December 26th.

So, he'll be getting:

Various electronic parts and pieces - some of which I can identify, some I can't

A new soldering station with precise temperature control and a variety of tips.

Some (Heaven help me) old Godzilla movies (he really likes to fly his geek flag high and proud)

And a few random things that I find for him - likely a new t-shirt or two from "Think Geek" and maybe a couple of gadgets from there as well. Also a new usb drive (his largest one is 16G and that's just not enough to hold all his nerdiness) and probably a new computer game.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

HAHA. I am just sitting here laughing. Who knew that my "fat girls forum" (as I lovingly call it) would be the place to get Christmas ideas for the hubs to be.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

hmmm... I think my bf will get a new cell phone
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a geek/nerd! It amazes me how many of them are out there! I was thinking an Xbox 360, but he's got the ps3 and a wii already and he rarely plays those. Plus with a baby due soon, I doubt he'll have any time to play it at all.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

My husband is in Afghanistan until after Christmas, so on christmas he'll have a box of candy, pictures, and junk food!

When he gets back we're going to exchange gifts. I plan on getting him a new phone that will double as a media player, and a new game he's really been looking forward to coming out.

ETA: And the book FU Penguin

Last edited by FreeSpirit; 11-11-2010 at 02:54 PM.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #9  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

lol my BF is the biggest nerd ever. It's mega cute. Can be annoying though because he's always on the vidja games lol.

I'm getting him some comfy work shoes and a geek gift basket with a video game he really wants, Mt. Dew, puffy cheetos, and a gift card to Pizza Hut lol.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have been using Swagbucks all year to save Amazon gift cards that I am passing to my bf for his gift.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #11  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

all my hubby wants for xmas is manga manga manga- he's been getting it for years and you know what? he's waiting til he has them ALL to read them, so they all sit wrapped and waiting. makes me kinda mad actually. manga is not cheap either. so he'll probably get like 4 issues of the one he needs, some booze, and we always do stockings w/ goodies in them. magic cards, some candy, maybe some books.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #12  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am truly stumped. He collects guitars and guitar accessories and effects and pedals and amps blah blah blah but he already knows exactly what he wants and I don't know enough about guitar stuff to shop for him. I'm thinking I'll make a reservation for the all-you-can-eat dessert buffet for us since he loves sweets, and maybe an Amazon gift card or something along with a cheesy handmade card and some more XXX things.

One not-so-good thing he's getting this Christmas is me leaving for a week and a half vacation in Germany with my friends from Dec. 26. =P
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #13  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post

He's ridiculously tough to buy for because he pretty much gets himself whatever he needs or wants; that doesn't leave much room for me to buy him something.
OMG, same here. He just buys whatever he wants, whenever. It's like his birthday every two weeks here. Sometimes its small stuff..sometimes not. But he also surprises me with things for ME, so I don't get too mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post

I'll also pick up some small, cool stuff from the latest Extreme Geek catalog. Last year he got a mini-trebuchet that he used to launch the cats' toys.
OMG. If we had cats...I would get him a mini-trebuchet
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #14  
OMW to a brand new me!

[QUOTE=oodlesofnoodles;3564475]lol my BF is the biggest nerd ever. It's mega cute. Can be annoying though because he's always on the vidja games lol.

I am lucky that way. Mine was in the gaming industry for years and years, and got burnt out on it. So in that respect, his gaming days are pretty much over. He did not move far, since he is in IT. However, he has made sure that he has kept his geek card active and current, and has moved on to equally geeky activities. Rocket building being the latest endeavor. Go ahead, ask me how many times I have gotten up at oh dark thirty to drive to some dry lake bed in the middle of god knows nowhere to watch hundreds of like minded geeky rocket guys shoot things in the air. And lets not talk about the six and a half foot tall thing sitting in my dining room, that as a gesture he named after me.

Geeks. Got to love them!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #15  
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

my hubby is a big gamer so he got one gift early the call of duty black ops and he is also a big history buff too mainly military history so I'm getting him The Pacific DVD set.
NiteOwlMommy is offline   Reply With Quote