South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Thrilling Thursday Chat

I got some sleep early in the afternoon so I feel refreshed. My other site that I go to is down for maintenance so I'm feeling a bit down. I have a appointment with my therapist but have forgotten what time, lol. That rarely happens!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Awww, I'm too late...I wanted to start the thread and call it "Thank a Veteran Thursday Chat" in honor of Veterans Day. *pout*

Just got home from a little shopping after my morning gym workout. Found me a CUTE purse at Wal-mart...yay!!! Gotta get up at 0900 hrs to hit the fleece sale at the fabric store so I can stock up for Christmas. Last year I made blankets so this year I'll make the pillows to match. My dog got her own monogrammed blanket last year, so this year she'll get a pillow to go w/ it. She's quite spoiled. LOL

Anywho...what's everybody's plans for today??? Aside from what I listed above, I have to make my way to the Atlanta Airport w/ my bestfriend to pick up another friend of ours. I'm excited!!! Me and her have both lost 80 plus pounds since we lost saw each other.

Hope you ladies have a good day. And Happy Veterans Day to any of you who have served or have loved ones that have served!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Okie. I'm feeling refreshed, too! I hope you have a great day!

Natasha, how exciting meeting up with another friend who has lost so much weight. What plans do you have? I went to the fleece sale yesterday, and got pretty overwhelmed. It goes until the 20th so I still have time. I'd like to make hats, but haven't found the right pattern yet. I did buy 2 new colors of thread for my serger. Since I need 3 big spools of each, 50% off was great!

Me, after being away all day yesterday I'm looking forward to putzing around at home. The kitchen is a wreck so I guess I'll start there. I'm figuring I'll end up in the sewing room at some point. Exercise is in my plan, too. I'll walk at home with my library video.

Yesterday, OP, today, too!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-11-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Natasha it is 6am here in NYC...how could you possibly have gone to Walmart and the gym already? Are they open 24 hours? I have an appt. with a chiropractor today...my hip is becoming increasingly stiff and painful after sitting. The only thing that seems to help is exercise!! Specifically the rowing machine.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #5  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Hi all

it is an early morning, huh? I have been up, but working out and getting ready for work. I am letting DH sleep until 6:30 (and I get a little computer time in )

Yummo, I just had a crustless quiche I made last night to be prepared for breakfast, I may have another sliver!

I guess I am gearing up towards that TOM, so I am not expecting any losses (another negative this morning) Oh well, so on we go......

Work today, I can only pray that I am busy.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning,

Things are about the same here, but I wanted to check in to say hello and see how everyone else is doing.

I don't know what I'm going to weigh when I get home. I'm doing v8 and almonds for breakfasts because the continental breakfast at the motel is all bread and sugar but we're doing our other meals with my brother and sister in law, trying to use up all the food that people keep bringing to the house. It's all tasty but there aren't a heck of a lot of vegetables in sight... I don't especially care right now but I'm sure I will care when I get back to Maine and step on the scale.

Natasha, thank you for thinking of our veterans today. I'm a proud Army wife (DH retired after 27 years) and am very thankful to the men and women who are willing to serve and protect us.

Okie, Debbie and Matilda - good morning!
Beloved I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you'd hoped this month.

Hello to those who haven't posted yet - enjoy your Thursday!
that I can get this posted before the internet cuts out again....
Old 11-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Okie ~ I hope you remember what time your appointment is and don't miss it! How exciting that you'll be moving to California! Do you know anyone out there?

Natasha ~ You've been pretty busy, and it sounds like the next couple of days are going to be pretty eventful, too. Won't that be fun to see your friend who has lost the same amount of weight as you! You have me thinking about checking out the fleece sale, which fabric store is having it?

Debbie ~ Have an enjoyable day, cleaning your kitchen & sewing room. I'll be doing my housecleaning tomorrow morning.

Matilda ~ I know around where I live, most places are open 24 hours, even banks. I hope your chiropractor can work out that hip pain. Feel better soon!

Beloved ~ Quiche for breakfast sounds pretty good. I used to make a spinach & cheese one, and now I'm thinking it's time to make it again. Thanks for the idea! How is Sparkles running now? I'm sorry your test keeps coming up negative and hope you see a strong positive next month.

We had a great time last night, and I stayed on-plan except for a dish of lowfat pumpkin ice cream. But at least I didn't eat any of the cakes or pies that everyone else was scarfing down! So I'm feeling pretty good about myself this morning. Today I plan to attack the girls' playroom. I took a quick peek up there yesterday, and they really have the room trashed. They're lucky they will be in school today, or I'd be making them do most of the cleaning!
Thanks for all the hints and advice yesterday. I hope we never have to go through all that again, but will put some of your ideas into action if we do.

Heidi ~ You are going through so much right now, so just do the best you can with your eating, and then you can get back on track once you're back home again. Thanks for the reminder to honor our veterans today, Jake is a retired army man, and I forgot all about it.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-11-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm feeling very accomplished this am. The kitchen is clean; fridge and freezer organized and a pumpkin pie is on deck. OP, if I don't eat the crust.

Matilda(Mmc), I hope you get some good news about your hip. Alot of times the chiro can just pop something back in for me, but I always notice I am generally less stiff when I exercise regularly.

BelovedK, sorry about your test results. Breakfast sounded great! I love bringing a cup of coffee to DH and waking him up.....after I've had several hours waking up on my own (which definitely includes computer time).

Heidi, thanks for checking in. Great job planning to avoid the continental breakfast. It has to be the worst culprit...you'll recover from the home cooked food much faster.

Linda, I'm glad your evening was enjoyable. Now pumpkin ice cream sounds very good, but I've decided not to try any this year. Have fun attacking the girls playroom. It seems you spend alot of time there. I don't suppose you caught Survivor?? They ditched Marty...finally. BTW-Fleece sale is at Hancocks until Nov. 20.

Off to finish the pie, then possibly coffee delivery. The trick is to anticipate when Kirk is stirring and then bring his coffee.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-11-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick because I actually slept until nearly seven. The trash has to be lugged to the road BEFORE I even have coffee. It's a cruel, cruel world!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth ~ ACK!!!!! The price we have to pay for sleeping in! I hope you're enjoying a nice, hot cup right now.

Debbie ~ We caught the last 15 minutes or so of Survivor, and I'm so glad Marty was finally voted off. I didn't like him at all. I think Neonka is digging her own grave, though, and wish she'd just shut up. We don't have a Hancock's around here, but I'll check around to see if it goes by a different name in this part of the country.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Okie - Hope you're getting some sleep now and you wake up feeling better

Natasha- Another fun weekend on the way Bet it will be nice to spend the weekend with someone on the same page

Debbie - I just don't know how you all get the energy to do so much in the morning! I'm all about catching up on email, news and 3FC, oh and drinking lots of coffee. Happy walking

Matilda - good luck with the chiro.

Beloved - I haven't made one of those quiches in awhile. Might have to add it to my list for next week. Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for.

Heidi - those continental breakfasts are ridiculous. I like your plan and will remember it. I'll be spending a lot of time in hotels in December. IMO the only important thing about food right now is making choices that keep your energy and mood up. The rest will work itself out later.

Cottage - Now I'm thinking about pumpkin ice cream. Oh dear Hope there are no creepy crawlies in your day

Ruth - I hope you're warming up with a cup or two now.

I finally have some good news from the zombie job! They have hired someone to start Monday and she did the same kind of job in MA so should hit the ground running! It looks like I really will just have one job by Thanksgiving.

For awhile it sounded like I wasn't going to NM but that is back on track too. DW is pleased

Time to get moving. The sun is out and the temperatures are not bad for mid-November. It' a good day to be on the road.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! Coffee is desperately needed! I made the Trash Dash out to the road in my robe and a hoodie. Of course I made it just as the guy arrived and had to stand there shivering a bit to hear all about deer hunting.

This morning I need to read Flanders Fields at the cenotaph in Athens for the Township service but am going to excuse myself from the lunch at the Legion because of an appointment in Brockville. (Shhh! but the appointment is at the quilt shop!) I hope to get a bunch of errands done in town and maybe a bit more village decorating. I do have to be back here for four when someone is dropping off books for the Book Club.

If one more city friend asks "Are you managing to keep from being bored living there?", I'll scream. They have no idea what goes on behind those twitching lace curtains!

Wear a poppy today and remember those who died and those who are still serving to protect our privileged lives.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I used to live in San Diego, CA. I have a couple of friends there. Thanks CottagebyTheresa. My appointment is at 12pm, I called for confirmation. I had a nice sleep for 7hrs, so I'm well rested. Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone, and good afternoon to some! I'd like to claim that I've just been so busy this morning that I'm just now checking in, but I can't. We just finished breakfast because I slept in until 9:00!

Okie: Thanks for getting us started this morning! I'm feeling really refreshed as well, but I ought to be after how long I slept. Hope your appt. goes well!

Natasha: Wow, it is going to be so exciting for you to see your friend and vice versa!! My best friend back home has been losing weight much more rapidly than I have, but I know we'll both see the difference when I see her for Christmas. I can't wait!! Thanks for honoring our veterans!!

Debbie: Sounds like our plans are fairly similar today. DH wrecked the kitchen cooking breakfast and I'm going to start getting plans together to start sewing curtains for the house. After 3.5 years here, it's long overdue! Have a wonderful day!

Ruth: I'd like to smack that garbage man for making you stand there to hear about the deer hunting, but then I must remember how excited DH gets after a great hunting/fishing trip. They're like me when I find out Williams-Sonoma is having a sale!! Enjoy your "appointment"!

Heidi: Sending hugs, love, and prayers your way.

Linda: Hope the room clean-up doesn't take all day for you! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time last night.

Cyndi: Woohoo! It's great that they found somebody and you'll be able to face the holiday season with just one job.

Me: We have the day off in honor of Veterans' Day, so that is nice, but the cleaning lady came yesterday, so I don't know what I'm going to do with my time. I'm pretty chuffed about that! I've got a good, long work out planned this afternoon and I'm roasting a chicken for dinner, so that'll take up some time.

We've been talking for years (literally) about replacing the blankets over all the windows with curtains, so I'm going to start shopping for patterns and fabric online. With my inability to make decisions, that could very well take all day, so maybe I won't need any other time fillers!

I hope everyone has a great day! Remember to thank a veteran today!!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
For awhile it sounded like I wasn't going to NM but that is back on track too. DW is pleased
Cyndi, Debbie is pleased, too, since I really will come have dinner with you two. Good news on the zombie job!

Ruth, I hope your day gets better! lol I just read about your "appointment". Yay! Thanks for the poppy reminder...I think I'll go find one.

Linda, Neonka is next...isn't she a PE teacher?? If I'm correct, I wonder what the parents think of her inappropriate rants.

Ok, walking done...Mom's projects are waiting for her call back. I think I'll go from the most procrastinated list and pull out the Bissell for some spot removal. See ya'll later.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-11-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Closed Thread