South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

Jake just put on a fresh pot and there's plenty for everyone. Let's linger over a cup before starting our day, shall we?

Heidi, my thoughts and prayers were with you all day yesterday, and I hope you are all beginning the healing process today.

Natasha, how did you make out last night? Are you starting to get used to the time change?

I'm looking forward to this evening and our family anniversary/birthday bash. I reminded Cindy yesterday that I wanted to leave a bit early today and I hope she remembers!
Yesterday ended up being rather busy. The girls' school has been battling a headlice outbreak for the past month, and yesterday the school nurse called to say she found a few nits on Maggie. So I immediately stripped all the bedclothes from her bed and started washing them, and bagged and sealed all her stuffed animals, boiled hairbrushes, combs, barrettes, headbands, etc., and anything else I could think of. I called the pediatrician to have them recommend a good shampoo, and Cindy was going to give Maggie the treatment last night. Thank God that Audrey or none of the rest of us are infected, but we are being diligent about checking ourselves. Ugh.

I wonder what today will have in store? Regardless, it's Hump Day!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

OOh, lice. This summer there was a report of them from my son's camp, and I immediately had his head shaved which eliminated the problem (he didn't actually have the lice to begin with). At least it was not bedbugs or these horrible new things I am hearing about - stink bugs!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! I'm just up and my head is itching already!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #4  

Sorry about that, girls. I've been itching ever since, too.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Funny how these early mornings sometimes head in a certain direction.....

Linda, thanks for the coffee and I will linger for a bit...outside, with Bing for a few...
Ruth, Mmc

See ya'll soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I've got a coffee and am trying not to scratch. The mind does strange things to the body, doesn't it?

Yesterday was a busy but successful day. Half the village planters are now done and look really good. We are using all natural materials which is a bit tricky. Terri and I will to get some "winter berry" for red colour splashes today. That means a trip to the swap - it's still not frozen so I'll be making a Delta fashion statement in rubber boots.

Jazz was an absolute star at the special pet therapy session yesterday. He even got a response from "Jean" who is supposed to be paralysed - she moved her hand to pet him when I put him on her tummy. The nurse was amazed and even the folks from the government were impressed. He's a star!

Just realized that a week from today I'll be getting organized for my trip to BC on the 18th. Today I need to organize getting organized!

Have a super day.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #7  

Matilda, I'd much rather be dealing with those harmless stink bugs than what I'm dealing with right now. It would be so much easier if Maggie were a boy, but both she and Audrey have long hair and I don't think they'd be happy campers at all with shaved heads.

Ruth, I'm glad Jazz gave his star performance. He's so cute and adorable that he could melt the coldest heart. I bet your village looks very festive with the Christmasy greens. Is there a way you can put fairy lights in them? I hope you have a great trip to BC and don't run into any snowstorms this time!

Debbie, speaking of snow, did you get much yesterday? I hope you and Bing had a nice little walk outside this morning.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-10-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, we just got several inches because it snowed for a few hours before it got cold. I have the news on because I have to go to Denver and go across town during rush hour but they got less than we did.

Ruth, what nice news at pet therapy! I've been organizing so I could get organized for several weeks now. I finally figured out my sewing dilemma and actually started my project this morning. Thank goodness the right color threads are on the machines because I don't think I'm up to changing the threads on the serger yet.

I have to leave about 730 this morning so I'm going to get the crockpot beans going here soon. Then I think I'll work on my project for a bit. I need to figure out my fun stops today...probably the spice store and a sewing shop for some notions.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

ETA-I'm wondering about chubbybunny...she was going on a cruise to Mexico and was leaving from California. Hope she wasn't on the ship that's being towed, but fortunately it seems that all is going well there.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-10-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #9  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning all

I'm having yummy Ezekiel bread with SF preserves and it is yummo!

I had tummy problems all day yesterday (damn cook,ie dough)

Nice walk.

Good start to the day.

OOOO, lice, I dread the day my DC's school sends home one of those notices, yech. We have stinkbugs, and they are yucky :-/

I've got Sparkles back and all is well
Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been getting my maps for the day together and just now catching up with the fun stuff I'm off to the mountains today. Might as well do that when the weather is good.

I was the head lice go to person for years. I worked in a run away shelter when I was just out of college and can ID lice at 20 paces FWIW even after all those years of child care and lots of exposure I never got lice myself. I did get ring worm but that's another story.

No time for personals today. Have a good hump day Chicks!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Lice - ugh. Brings me back to a major outbreak when my boys were in elementary school. I kept them buzzed so short! I imagined lice everywhere we went... on the plane, at the theater, in the dentist's chair. Yuck. We never got the but we sure thought we itched all the time!

Okay, enough of that. I can't stop scratching! And... I am off the the hairdresser today! Yikes.

Have a great OP lice-free day all
Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I wasn't sure if I'd take a minute to write, but this conversation is WAY to exciting!!

Ruth - YAY for Jazz!! I knew it!!

Cottage - EEEEWWWW. LOL...my boss used dog shampoo for lice on her kids and said it worked better than everything else. I didn't say that though!! Better than bugbeds from what I've heard!!

Lexiss - I think I can be there in time for the beans .

Beloved - isn't it funny, we can't resist...then we feel like poop!! Aaaah, the vicious cycle!

Cyndi - I can spot animal lice pretty well, we'd make a great team

The scale was kind to me....I know all I have to do is clean up my eating, and I've been pretty good. I'm about to make a pot of that brocolli cheese soup Cyndi posted about, with the beans, sounds delish! I'm going to saute some carrots, celery, and onion too. I even bought the expensive good cheddar! (and I had a dream that it melted somewhere and I was MAD!!)

Have a great day on the beach!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning, how can it be Wednesday already???

This internet connection is driving me batty! I'm just typing quick and hoping that I'll be able to submit reply before I get bumped off again! No personals til I get back to Maine, I guess.

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. Yesterday was a long, hard day, but again the family stood up really well. I'm amazed by how strong they've been through all the public stuff and thankfully, that's over now. Unfortunately things aren't going to get any easier for a while.

Debbie, we're in western Pennsylvania, right on the Ohio border. We'll head home Saturday morning and get back to Maine on Sunday.

Linda, I'm sorry you had to deal with all the work involved in a headlice outbreak! Its so much work. Around here mayonnaise is the lice killer of choice. They smear it on, leave it for 30 minutes and I guess it suffocates the lice and the nits. It's hard to wash out - they use dish soap because it's so oily - but there are no harsh chemicals. I've never had lice as an adult, but after teaching kindergarten all these years I am an expert and checking heads!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-10-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- DD2 school has an outbreak of head lice has well, she has long hair to boot- but so far so good keeping my fingers crossed- I washed her backpack and her jacket just to be on the safe side and check her every day.

Heidi :hugs: to you and your family.

Today is day 5 of Phase 1- I am just happy to be back in control of my eating, haven't weighed in yet won't until Saturday so if it is down it will be an added bonus. Tomorrow going to college preview day with DD1 and again on Saturday to a different college.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey, everyone! I'm here, just checking in. It's just the boss and I at the office today...the staff felt the need to scatter after an intense staff meeting.

See you all later!!
Closed Thread