South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/249/150

Height: 5''2

Default Phase 2 problems! Need advice

I just finished up three weeks of phase one. I found it pretty easy with no cravings or hunger pain. I did have a headache the first 3 days of phase one but that went away and everything was fine. I have been on phase 2 now for a few days and have added only fruit, oatmeal and nuts. I am eating the same about of calories and food but I always feel hungry. On phase one I could go all morning after breakfast and forget to eat my snack because I just did not feel hungry, same for the afternoon. Now I am hungry 1-2 hours after I have eaten. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to change it?

Thanks for the help
Lori
lolo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Eat only 1 carb for two weeks.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

It would be helpful if you would post a menu, but from what I am getting from what you said - have you added your carbs at breakfast? Okie is right, only add one carb a day each week (nuts are not a carb, by the way - you could have had them on Phase 1). A lot of people add oatmeal at breakfast right away and stop having the protein rich breakfasts they were having on Phase 1. I'd stay away from carbs at breakfast and lunch and just have them at dinner. Also try to figure out which particular carbs are causing you to have cravings. Don't ever eat carbs on their own - only eat them with some protein and fat.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lori! Congratulations for a successful Phase 1!

Have you checked out the sticky in the FAQ section of our forum about how to introduce Phase 2 into your diet? You may some helpful information in there to guide you along. In the meantime, I'd suggest eating the same breakfast that you enjoyed on Phase 1, since it kept you feeling satisfied until lunchtime, and wait until later in the day to have a fruit or grain. Hopefully, that will help get you on the right track.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/249/150

Height: 5''2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Lori! Congratulations for a successful Phase 1!

Have you checked out the sticky in the FAQ section of our forum about how to introduce Phase 2 into your diet? You may some helpful information in there to guide you along. In the meantime, I'd suggest eating the same breakfast that you enjoyed on Phase 1, since it kept you feeling satisfied until lunchtime, and wait until later in the day to have a fruit or grain. Hopefully, that will help get you on the right track.

Thank you for the congratulations

The FAQ sticky did help... thanks

I was taking the menu right out of the book day by day.

Day one - In the morning was oatmeal with milk and 1 cup strawberries, a pear and cheese for the afternoon snack and strawberries again at night for dessert

Day two - A smoothie in the morning, afternoon snack was 4oz yogurt and cantaloupe for dessert.

Day three - was pretty much the same as the others. Fruit and cereal in the morning, apple and peanut butter for themorning snack, yogurt in the afternoon and pear with ricotta cheese and walnuts for dessert.

Is the new South Beach Diet book any different?

Thanks for the help
Lori
lolo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #6  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

Protein is what keeps us feeling full and not snacky
I like to add a lil protein powder to some milk to have with breakfast in the morning- holds me over until the afternoon when my class gets out
Then have the bulk of my carbs for lunch- usually some homemade wheat bread with cheese-broccoli soup.
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #7  

Sounds like you need significant protein in the morning to feel satisfied. Cereal and fruit is almost 100% carbs (besides the milk) and no real protein. The book is just a guide and that breakfast would not work for me, I'd be starving in an hour.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

if you want to stick with an oatmeal breakfast, try adding a scoop of protein powder to your oatmeal. it should up the staying power and still maintain that "stick to your ribs" breakfast feel that is popular this time of year.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #9  

good suggestion zeffryn!