Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Angry 2nd week in and I have anger issues

Hi all I am on my 2nd week and even though I lost 6lb then added 1lb over the weekend due to having a bottle of wine and dinner out on Saturday I am feeling really angery today, not something that I tought would be tied in to dieting.

My husband eats and eats and eats and is very slim, so i am angy at him. (he is eating his 2nd dinner as i type)

My secutary is *****ing about her weight when she is 2 stone lighter then me and scoffing treats at her desk so I am angry with her, I did suggest we dieted together, havent had an answer yet

Everything is just getting me down today I am not hugry so i dont know whats going on and its not PTM

Has anyone else had this in the 1st couple of weeks? and what can i do to subside this?

Could this be linked to suger withdrawl?

All advice welcome please

Thanks

Marie x
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

For me, that kind of anger means I am hungry past the point of hunger pangs. How much are you eating?
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you doing low carb or something? I know for me I was CRANKY the first few days- anything you could say even "hello" probably would make me mad lol.

It does wear off- but if you are very hungry you may want to eat a bit more calories.

I learned a long time ago some people can just eat more- does your husband work a physically demanding job? My husband's job is more physical than mine and he eats more than I do- but he can afford to because of his harder workload. It's better to just let it go and work with what you do have

I'm sure there is someone else thinking why do you think you are fat and annoyed with you too lol- just cuz she's thinner than you doesn't mean she's okay with her weight or that she should be.

Last edited by beerab; 11-08-2010 at 06:36 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #4  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

When you restrict your body from what it has previously been used to chowing down on, your body sort of protests and as a result, you get cranky and angry. I went through the same behaviour a few months ago when I first started my weight loss journey. I was just plain mean. I recommend you reevaluate what you're consuming (or lack of) and how much you're consuming (or lack of) to help pinpoint what's going on within your body. Just as a note, I found that my first 4-5 pounds that I lost was just water weight. It's not actual weight-weight. So it's easy to lose and regain that. So keep this in mind.
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

i have that problem. it's been pretty bad lately to the point i get so frustrated i start crying. today i blew up at my boyfriend because all he does is lay on the couch and he won't go to the gym or workout with me. i need a buddy to exercise with or else i will just give up.
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Uh, yeah, the 2nd week in was about the time I turned into a raging witch. My poor hubs. It was like having nonstop raging PMS and everything annoyed me to the point where I was ready to snap everyone's head right off. Personally I think it was sugar/junk food withdrawal because I was certainly acting like my hubs had acted when he quit smoking.

The good news is that after a rough few days the feelings started to subside and I was back to normal. You can do this, just hang in there and ride it out.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 AM   #7  

Thanks girls I do feel alittle better today but still not great, I have been a bit extreme with cutting back I have cut out all suger and lowered carb and fat intake massivly hopefully its just my body fighting against it.
The cravings for sweet things has gone completely but I do feel hungery quite alot but thats not when I get angry its just after I have eaten I am worse, I think its the guilt of eating

I lost another 1lb when I weighed in this morning so has lightened my mood a little, i hope it lasts.

Marie
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #8  

I discovered that I get like that when i have to much sugary foods , I also get very low if i eat milk chocolate and the wine can also make me very moody
Try keeping a diary and see if that helps , if you recognise the foods / drinks that make you feel like this then it is worth avoiding them
Second week can also get you down as in the first you have been so good and feel deprived in the second week
What programme are you following does it restrict you in the foods you like and maybe need a little of
Try eating six small meals a day and plenty of fruit and don't worry about the hubby the day will come when the roles are reversed trust me mine was the same and he now has a weight problem. also if your friend doesn't want to join you then fine you will be the one laughing when you are nice and slim and she is still overweight
gingernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #9  

Thanks honey, the thing is I dont eat alot normally its wine and fizzy drinks that have added all this weight on mixed with no exercise I have gotten bigger
I am cutting out the fizzy drinks and limitting wine to weekends and even then avoiding where possible along side lowering fat intake to no more then 30g per day

If this anger keeps up i will go and see my GP, I have been a mightmare at work today snapping all the time and my poor husband got the full force last night, it cant be nice for him

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice girls xx
Old 11-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I just want to say that you should NEVER be hungry losing weight! First of all, don't be cruel to yourself, you can't expect that starving throughout the day is going to get you to your results faster. If you are feeling hungry, try eating more low calorie snacks between meals. If you are starving by the time to get to lunch you are only going to gorge or feel unsatisfied and it could also be an indicator that you aren't getting enough to eat. It's easy to get discouraged if you're constantly hungry and we want you to be healthy and successful!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

I agree you shouldn't be very hungry- if you are doing low carb you need to eat more protein and some more fats- unless you are eating only veggies and fruit it's hard to do low carb and low fat. Even with south beach you concentrate on good fats. If you are famished have a snack.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Sorry, I have to disagree. A little bit of hunger is certainly normal when you are eating less calories than you burn.

The need to never have hunger is what gets a lot of us in this predicament. It's okay to be hungry. Now, being ravenous is usually not a good idea when it can be prevented, but a little hunger is ok and normal.

Part of this journey is a mind game.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Sorry, I have to disagree. A little bit of hunger is certainly normal when you are eating less calories than you burn.

The need to never have hunger is what gets a lot of us in this predicament. It's okay to be hungry. Now, being ravenous is usually not a good idea when it can be prevented, but a little hunger is ok and normal.

Part of this journey is a mind game.

I have to agree with this. ^ A little bit of hunger never hurt anyone. about 70 percent of the time my breakfast holds me till about 11:30 or so when I start to prepare my lunch, but the other 30 percent, I start to feel those hunger pangs sometimes as early as 9:30. If I grabbed a 100 calorie snack everytime I started to feel a little bit of hunger, i can guarantee you I would be at least 5 pounds heavier than I currently am. This would not necessarily be a bad thing, but it would be an unnecessary thing.
Now, this is different from a constant hunger because you are depriving yourself, but being hungry is natural, and not going to hurt anyone, nor derail a diet plan. If you find yourself hungry right after eating, or can never quite get rid of the hunger pangs, then it is definitely time to reevaluate your intake, but having some hunger pangs in between meals is pretty much a natural thing.
My first thought when I get a bit hungry in between meals is not to grab a snack, but to find a project or something to do for an hour or two till next meal time to keep myself occupied.

Last edited by TornadoSiren; 11-09-2010 at 03:48 PM.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #14  

I have been hungry ALOT today but I have not eaten until the times i planned am my moods have been funny real lows and the like this evening real hyper highs (witch i quite enjoyed)
i have had my quota for today so i am going to kick back and watch holby then an early night I have my weigh in tomorrow morning and i am feeling positive

Anger hasnt been to bad today but still there under lying I hope it passes soon

Marie xx
Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #15  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Just a quick question- How many calories a day are you eating and are you eating snacks between meals?

I know that some people think that being hungry is normal, but if you're hungry to the point of snapping at people that's different. Just be sure that your eating is realistic Being thin and grumpy is just as bad as being big and bummed out
chubbyhipster is offline   Reply With Quote