Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Scales not moving...help!

The scale has pretty much stayed the same for almost 2 weeks and I'm getting super frustrated and of course, discouraged. Can anyone explain why all of the sudden this halt in weight loss? Any suggestions?

I'm a calorie counter. For the first 5 weeks I did great, I ate 1200 calories a day, did Pilates 3-5 times per week, and walked a lot, usually 5 days per week. I lost 12.8# in that time. Pretty consistently, I lost about 2-3 pounds per week.

Then Halloween came, and I stayed on plan really. I DIDN'T go crazy and eat tons of candy or binge. I went to a Halloween party and drank a little, nothing major (but still more than I had "allowed" myself calorie wise). Ever since it seems like the scale is stuck between 162-163. I decided last week to up my calories from 1200 to 1400-1500. I thought my body maybe thought I was starving it?! I pretty much stick with 1400 daily. I work out for an hour 5 times per week consisting of Pilates, walking, and the elliptical machine.

So...why is the scale STILL not moving? Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please!

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I can't say exactly what is going on with you, but my body has a pattern of weight loss... I lose for 1-2 weeks, and then stall for 2-3 weeks. It's consistent, and nothing in my routine changes. After that stall, I have a big whoosh and then some slow, small, consistent lose for a tiny bit, and then stall again. For example, I was stuck in the upper 220's for 3 weeks. In the last week I lost over five pounds, and in the last 2 weeks I've lost almost 9 pounds. I fully expect a stall to start any day now.

So, I'd say just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off.

Last edited by Bac0s; 11-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

If you are keeping a food journal, go over what you have been eating and see if you can tailor it slightly. You may not have to increase your calories, but rather adjust the type of food you are eating. My weight was stuck for 3 weeks in October and I when I looked back at my food journal, I realized I was eating a lot of rice. It was all within my calorie range, but I was eating it too often.

I cut out rice for 2 weeks and replaced it with foods like potato and guess what....I broke through the plateau. Just something to reconsider....
Closed Thread