Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 6 & 7 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/5/10

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Hi Everyone,

I'm Michelle and I joined the forums a few days ago after reading about the IP diet.

I have two close friends that achieved amazing results and I am really interested.

I'm a Face Painter in Maryland (hence the user name) and I am a stay at home mom as well.

I have a request:

Can anyone provide the supplements breakdown? I found the Natura Muti-Vita vs. Equate Complete Multivitamin sheet, but I was wondering where I could find information on the other required supplements.

I ask because I would like to know more information before I begin the protocol with my local clinic.

Thanks so much!

~Michelle
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

Good chilly morning, everyone!!!

I have missed keeping up with everyone that last few days and hope to catch up this morning. I've had a really crazy week with work, evening events, migraines, and just life itself.

PS. It is a lot easier to stay true and on program with the daily support I get from here. I've missed that the last 4 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacePainterMD View Post
I'm Michelle and I joined the forums a few days ago after reading about the IP diet.

I have a request:

Can anyone provide the supplements breakdown? I found the Natura Muti-Vita vs. Equate Complete Multivitamin sheet, but I was wondering where I could find information on the other required supplements.
~Michelle
Welcome Michelle! The required supplements are 2 multi-vitamins a day, 1 - Potassium Calcium, and 4 - Cal-Mag. The optional supplements are 3 - Fish Oil, Digestive Enzymes, and 2 - Anti-Oxidants. Let me know if you need more details.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend... Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning... Not going to let that get me down! The dogs are seeming to enjoy it!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/5/10

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Welcome Michelle! The required supplements are 2 multi-vitamins a day, 1 - Potassium Calcium, and 4 - Cal-Mag. The optional supplements are 3 - Fish Oil, Digestive Enzymes, and 2 - Anti-Oxidants. Let me know if you need more details.
Thank you, EatAnts!

Do you know if there is a nutritional profile available for the supplements?

Best regards,
~Michelle
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #6  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend... Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning... Not going to let that get me down! The dogs are seeming to enjoy it!
SNOW!!!! I am sooooo not ready for that. I am so cold since losing weight and I dread the winter snow. We usually do not get snow until the middle or late November, but it seems to last forever. I hate the icy country roads that I have to travel every day. I want sun and to swim in my pool every day. I am going to try to live in today and do this winter "One Day at a Time".

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I have two close friends that achieved amazing results and I am really interested.

I'm a Face Painter in Maryland (hence the user name) and I am a stay at home mom as well.

I have a request:

I ask because I would like to know more information before I begin the protocol with my local clinic.

Thanks so much!

~Michelle
Welcome Michelle and good luck to you on this plan. You will find that there is amazing support here. I didn't find this site until I had been on the plan for 3 months and I am always happy that someone gets here at the start of their journey.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #7  
Sheila E.

Default Supplements

Quote:
Thank you, EatAnts!

Do you know if there is a nutritional profile available for the supplements?

Best regards,
~Michelle
Here is the info I have on the mandatory supplements:
Cal-Mag
Vitamin D 260 IU
Calcium Citrate 600 mg
Magnesium Citrate 300 mg
Zinc Citrate 20 mg

Potassium Calcium
Potassium Bicarbonate 800 mg
Calcium Carbonate 200 mg

The vitamins from IP are much more absorb-able than other vitamins. I do recommend them despite the expense. I tried for a week using my GNC ones and definitely did not feel as well.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
SNOW!!!! I am sooooo not ready for that. I am so cold since losing weight and I dread the winter snow. We usually do not get snow until the middle or late November, but it seems to last forever. I hate the icy country roads that I have to travel every day. I want sun and to swim in my pool every day. I am going to try to live in today and do this winter "One Day at a Time".
Good morning everyone!
Finally had a chance to catch up on the last few days of posts. Congratulations to all the victories with WIs and NSVs!!! For those having a challenging week I just want to echo "hang in there!!" I truly believe the body has to have some time to readjust. Compared to other diets, this one really does go quickly.
As to the cost, it seems pricey at first glance, but I figure with the amount I am saving on eating out, ordering in pizza and wine consumption (wine is WAY more expensive in Canada than the US), I think I'm ahead of the game!
Dave, I love your reflections on food memories, mind of matter etc. It never ceases to amaze me how indifferent I have become to so many foods.
Oh dear, I've forgotten who posted this, but the story of mom's inspiration to 9 year old daughter was wonderful! I am so sad when I see young people overweight. I've always felt I've struggled with my weight, and I wasn't nearly as big as some of these kids are today. It is such a burden to take into adulthood.
Rosemary, I so hear you about the cold! I get chilly so much quicker since I've been on this diet (less insulation?). Thankfully it doesn't get really bad here on the west coast, though they are calling for a snowier than normal winter. I guess I'll take chilly over chubby any day!
Finally, we hosted our "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" last night. It was a big success. Plenty of healthy food for everyone and I was perfectly content with my prawn and asparagus stirfry and salad. Good company and conversation was enjoyed by all.
Hope everyone has a great IP weekend and remember, we get an extra hour tomorrow morning!

Last edited by kaarin; 11-06-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Sat. morning everyone!!!

Sorry to hear about the snow in Ont. .... here in sunny Manitoba it is supposed to be +13.....which is great, because I am at my son's in the city and we are going Christmas shopping today!!! Want to finish it while I am here as there is SO MUCH MORE to choose from than our little town
Trying to stay on protocol as best I can, but hard when you are staying at someone else's house..
Love to see all the people that have signed up for the 15lbs for Christmas Challenge!!!

Have a great day!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

I can't wait to have dancing things to show my weight loss...when and how do I get those...
I'm so happy I found this plan...I am feeling great about the success i'm having...The one thing is everyone is asking..can i try one of your packets...
one lady at work actually walks up with a spoon and says can i just have a taste.. they are seeing i'm losing weight..and are getting interested..
Old 11-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #11  

Default Recipe/yummy

Last night I took frozen Cauliflower and tossed it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil...
sea salt and pepper and broiled it...on wow it was sooooo tasty...
I'm going to try frozen okra...and broc....
This program make you become inventive...
Walden Farms dressing..my favorite is the honey mustard dressing...
Have a great day ladies..I have Christmas projects to work on...
Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #12  

woooops and gentlemen..toooo
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I can't wait to have dancing things to show my weight loss...when and how do I get those...
I'm so happy I found this plan...I am feeling great about the success i'm having...The one thing is everyone is asking..can i try one of your packets...
one lady at work actually walks up with a spoon and says can i just have a taste.. they are seeing i'm losing weight..and are getting interested..
You need 20 days and 20 posts. Then go to CP and there should be an Edit Signature. You put them in there! HTH!

Morning all! I am back to work today, and my little man comes home from his grandparents today. Can't wait to see him!

Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #14  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!

I have a question about a sauce I found....Its called Manzanah Chawah All Natural Thai Sesame Dressing & Marinade.

Here is the breakdown:

Ingredients:
-Naturally brewed Tamari soya sauce
-Canola Oil
-Red Wine Vinegar (a no no I think!)
-sesame oil
-honey
-chilies
-garlic
-spices

The nutritional value is:

Cal - 123g
Protein - 1.3g
Fat - 11.2g
Carb - 4.2g

(Per 2 TBSP serving) which in stats, kicks olive oils butt!!

Suggestions??? It is fantastic on stir fry and I would eat it everyday if I could...lol
Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #15  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Good morning all,

Pumkyparry thanks for the pancakes out of the Crispy Cereal just tried it this morning it was really good.

I had my anniversary last night we went to see RED, but before hand it got hectic with the kids, so I missed making dinner for me and DH. We ended up going out to a Chinese buffet mainly because we were now pressed for time. I tried to make sure and not eat anything that was breaded or loaded with carbs (e.g. rice, deserts), however the meats did have sauce on them. Any way I don't think after dinner that my stomach agreed with all the food, usually I would have loved it, and some of the food was good. It just seemed like none of it satisfied my hunger, so I just decided that I was going to not go back and try to find something else at the buffet and just be satisfied with what I already ate. So today I am back on plan and feeling so much better (probably psychological).

I hope you all have a good weakened.
Closed Thread