South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Coming back to the Beach....

Tomorrow will be my first day on SBD in a few years. It's time to lose the weight and keep it off! Although, I must be crazy to start it at the beginning of the holiday season! Talk about the challenges coming up!!

At the beginning of the year, I lost 25 pounds on Weight Watcher's but then a lot of crap happened in my life and I slowly gained it all back! I really do like Weight Watcher's but with everything going on in my life, it's difficult to count points to stay on plan. I think SB will be a lot easier since I have lists of what I can have and not have.

I went to the store today and bought everything I need for the week and prepared veggie snacks in individual bags so I can just grab and go! I am going to do my best to plan ahead so I am prepared for the next day. I probably need to put labels on everything so my husband doesn't eat it! there are days when I dislike my husband a lot....he can eat a ton of crap and not gain a pound!

The one thing that will be a challenge is exercise. I have rhuematoid arthritis and a really bad knee. I am able to walk my dog up the street several times a day but that's really about it. At least it's something, right? I know that losing weight will make it easier on my joints so I should have the extra motivation but it's hard to remember that when life's little challenges come up!

These boards are going to be a big part of my life too! I need all the support I can get and hope that I can be helpful to others on this journey. I am really excited and can't wait to start!

And just what was my last supper??? Pizza! :P
JinksE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the beach, JinksE!!! These boards are GREAT for keeping you on track...so join us in the daily threads when you have the time.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

We are here for you and like Natasha said, come join us on the dailies!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back Jinks, I think a lot of us are returning...or re-returning beachers ourselves Sometimes the first time around just isn't the charm
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #5  
fat to fit

S/C/G: 220/210/180

Height: 5'8

if previous methods fail you, try going back to the most common Beach method
olfea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote