View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
lottie63
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Just so you know, vegan does not equal thin.

I was on again off again veggie and vegan for the last year. I gained 40 lbs.

I found myself eating way too many carbs. At first it was easier to be veg'n cuz I had a lot more time and money. Time to cook and the money to buy good food. Then we hit hard times and it was pasta and grilled cheese and salad for about 6 months.

Just be careful of falling into the veg'n fat trap! :P

I have since decided to eat meat again (I am b12 deficient, I also take sublinguals) and for a few other reasons....but we're also less broke now. ha. When we ate out, (which we did more then), I would get a fried vegetable or something, zucchini, onion rings, and have since decided that a grilled meat was probably better. ha.

I'm not saying, by any stretch, don't be veg, I kind of wish I could still do it, just more like I did the first half of the year. ha. just saying be careful of the way you go about it, I asked people on a veg board if it could have been making me gain and everyone said no. They were wrong. It's just as easy to eat poorly veg as it is to eat poorly with meat.

also, re: the time required to lose 100 lbs.

The time will pass anyhow. Might as well get on your way.

Check out my weight loss blog!: www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote