Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default Video Game work outs?

Last edited by HermersSis; 03-06-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #2  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I am a big fan of video game workouts. I use them during the winter when its way too cold to work out here in Canada. I have Wii Active, and Wii Active more workouts, Wii fit, Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

I saw the commercial for Wii Active 2. It looks pretty cool with the new sensors so you don't have to hold the remote. I would suggest any of the workouts I mentioned, except Wii Fit. I find the Wii Fit games that come with the wii fit board, to be disappointing because they are not challenging enough to get your heart rate up. The board itself can be used with Wii active so its handy to have. Just Dance 1 and 2 are really fun. You can dance around and look silly in your living room and you really do get a workout while it feels like a game. With Wii active, you can customize a workout and there are different levels and durations to pick from. I would suggest it as a good game to start with.

I am not sure if any of these are for Ps3 though.

Have fun

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 11-06-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 AM   #3  
Food Can Eat Me =p

S/C/G: 345/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

When I lose 45 more pounds, my reward is to buy Xbox Kinect (I already have Xbox 360) and get some of the games like fitness, sports, and dance type games.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #4  

Hey HermersSis,

I have EA sports active for Wii and I really love it. I'm up in Vancouver,Canada so it's pretty key once we get past October lol!

There's a pretty good variety of workouts and it can really make you work pretty hard if you want it too or you can have set to a lower difficulty.

There are a few exercises like the side to side jumps and rollerblading (which requires a lot of jumping) that can be a bit tough.

The cool thing is, once you go through the exercises you can mix and match your favorite ones and then create custom workouts.

My favorite part is the boxing, good exercise and fun.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5,3"

Wii Dance Workout is a blast. I bought it on black friday and played it a bit that day... obviously the getting up early thing made the workout very tiring very fast! haha but it gets you winded. I loved it!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #6  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I know you said you don't have a WII, but Just Dance 2 for WII is what I have and I LOVE it. Gets me sweating and I love the songs that it has.
Closed Thread