View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #11
AZ Sunrises
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGidget View Post
I have been trying SO hard! I have been eating around 1200 calories a day... good food... not bad. I have been exercising every single day with the exception of 2 days in the last 2 weeks. Granted... all I can really do is walk... but I walk at least a mile, and get my sweat going. I lost 17 pounds right off the bat... and then I went out drinking... I gained 6 pounds overnight... and I got 3 of that off... but now it's stuck. I am NOT cheating... I am trying my hardest and I'm getting so completely discouraged. Every morning I weigh... and every morning... it's the same. I have a lot of weight to lose... and I think especially in the beginning (only been going since 10/19) it should come off quickly ... what am I doing wrong?

Please help... I don't want to give up... I am so desperate....
At 1200 calories and 280 lbs, your calories are *too* low. You need to eat more. I'm losing on an average of 1800-2100 calories per day. Most people suggest 1500-1800 for our weight range. I say "our", because I was 283 in early Sept.

ETA: I reread. You've only been doing this since 10/19 and you're down 17 lbs. That's a lot. You're not going to healthily lose 40 lbs in a month. Your body has decided it's at the point of "enough" for the initial loss. You're still in the beginning. It's not going to just fall off. Hang in there.

Pounds til obese instead of morbidly so.
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url

Last edited by AZ Sunrises; 11-06-2010 at 08:49 AM.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote