Old 11-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Default EZ-Sweetz - WOW!

I just wanted to share my love of EZ-Sweetz. I ordered some from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I tried it in the mock danish recipe that's been posted. It wasn't bad at all! To me, it tastes better than other artificial sweeteners. I don't use a lot of artificial sweetener (maybe one serving a day, if that), but I think I've found a winner.

Anyone else use this stuff?
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

never heard of it. Whats in it?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #3  

Fatmad -- It's a liquid form of sucralose -- I think it's like liquid Splenda. The ingredients on the bottle say:

Ingredients
Filter Water, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Succinic Acid, and Citric Acid

It also gives conversions for figuring out how much to use:

Directions
2 Drops = 2 Tsp Sugar = 1 SplendaŽ Packet. 12 Drops = 1/4 Cup Sugar (or 6 SplendaŽ Packets)

I bought mine at Amazon.com. The version I ordered comes in three little bottles. I took one to work with me. I don't use a ton of sweeteners, so this will last me for quite a bit. To me, it tastes better than the Spenda in the packet (I HATE the Splenda in the packet; for some reason, it tastes very strong to me.).

I'm eager to try it in one of the many cheesecake recipes that folks have posted.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

What is great about the liquid sucralose (ie: Splenda) is that it actually DOES have zero carbs in it.....whereas the powdered in the packets has maltodextrin added which makes each packet half a gram of carb. Apparently, they are allowed to document on the box that the carb count is zero if it's less than 1 Gm. They put the maltodextrin in to make the liquid into a powdered form.
So at half a Gm. per packet, the carbs can add up if you're making/eating significant low-carb sweets/desserts.....there's actually 1 Gm. of carb for every 2 packets....even though the carbs are documented as having 0 carbs.

They do not sell this in stores, I believe....you have to buy it off the internet. There is another brand of it called sweetz-free also, if I remember correctly.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
What is great about the liquid sucralose (ie: Splenda) is that it actually DOES have zero carbs in it.....whereas the powdered in the packets has maltodextrin added which makes each packet half a gram of carb.

They do not sell this in stores, I believe....you have to buy it off the internet. There is another brand of it called sweetz-free also, if I remember correctly.

deena
Yes and yes, Deena52. I love that it's truly 0 carbs -- I'll have to look for the brand you mentioned and compare the taste :-)