Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #1  

Unhappy I got a problem.. anyone help pls?

Okay.. after loseing some weight, appox 20 lbs.. ive noticed that my skin is getting to be more "flabby" if you know what i mean.. can someone explain whats going on? Im pretty sur that im eating enough and eating the right food so i lose fat, and not muscle mass. So i cant think of what is going on.. maybe everyone goes through this? and it just fixes itself after doing sum weight training or sumthing? Also.. can anyone tell me the best way to work your abs. im going for a nice 6 pack eventually lol ( long wways down the road ).. well thanx in advance.. byeeeeeeee
Old 03-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

An Idea to help with the flabby skin..... take a natural bristle body brush (one like you use in the shower) and on dry skin brush in an upward motion all over body (towards the heart) for about five minutes daily.... this will help the body in several ways including helping the skin to rejuventate itself.... try it (it also helps with dry skin)

Good Luck!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:56 PM   #3  

I don't know how long it took you to lose that 20 lbs., but I do know that the faster you lose, the more likely it is that your skin will sag. (I know a woman who dropped a ton of weight in a short period of time and her legs sag like melted wax, even years after her weight loss!) If you do some weight training, or if you're incredibly patient, your skin will "tighten up" after a while, but don't expect to have a stomach you can bounce quarters off of unless you lose a heck of a lot of body fat and build up your abs. (Crunches, reverse crunches, obliques or alternatives if you have a bad back).

At first, my thighs sagged terribly. Each leg looked like a copper beech tree. Two years later, while they're still not as firm as I'd like (still kinda saggy, but that's where I carry my weight, plus I'm in my 40s), they are a heck of a lot better.

Be patient. Congrats on your weight loss and get crunching! BTW --Don't let anyone tell you that the more crunches the better. Doing 100 to 400 crunches a day like the celebs do will not create better abs than doing 25 crunches with more resistance, like lifting a medicine ball when you crunch.)
Old 03-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #4  

Angry

Okay, thanx! And ive logically thought that adding resistance to crunches would be just as beneficial as doing hundreds of em, but i got another problem.. im not sure of the "proper technique" to do the ab workouts.. so can someone show me a website or explain to me how to do em? thanx in advance. Bye
Old 03-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #5  

anyone else got sum info for me?
Old 03-25-2003, 10:27 PM   #6  

Check out back issues of Prevention Magazine. Most months they have a feature on how to tone up a particular body part (look for the headlines on the front like "Banish Your Belly" and other stomach related words. LOL) They give you good information on technique.
Closed Thread