South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150.2/147.8/120

Height: 5.7"

Default Haven't lost but not sure why. Please help!

Hello

So my boyfriend and me have completed the first week of phase one. We weight in today. I am only down about 1lbs and my boyfriend was up!! I have to say that my scale might not be 100% right but still! I really don't get it. We are only eating the allowed foods. I am vegetarian so we are not eating any meat. The only thing I think it could be is that we might have a little too much cheese. Also we both feel bloated and I feel a little constipated but that is not unusual for me. I will post a sample menu. I hope someone can help us. We are feeling great and started exercising on the weekend. It is frustrating though to not lose anything!

Breakfast: Kalyn's kitchen breakfast casserole Mushroom and Feta 9%
Snack: Celery, Peppers and homemade hummus
Lunch: Baby Spinach Salad with Tomatos, Mushrooms, veg Quiche (which has also lf cheese) and Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar
Snack: Usually some veg or bit of cheese
Dinner: I aways prepare a veg dinner from the supercharge book. We usually finish the whole thing which is in the book stated as 4 servings. Is that too much maybe?
I also made the Peanutbutter Delight desert a few time.

We only drink water or Tomato juice.

It would be great if someone could advise me on what to change so we can lose some weight. I was so happy with the diet but now I am a bit puzzled.

All the best

Daisy
Daisy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

It is only the first week. But at first glance maybe your portions are off.If you guys are eating two servings of something at dinner that is too much. There are also a lot of eggs in there. I know that fat grams are not as important but with a lot of eggs and cheese, that adds up. I found that I stopped losing when I had more cheese than normal, and when I had sugar free chocolate.
Dunno if this is going on with you, but maybe.
I know that the first week my dad was on South Beach he gained, and my mom stayed even, it was not until week two or three that they went down at all.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #3  
It will be MY turn too!

S/C/G: 254.2/243.0/180

Height: 5'4.5"

Ooh I've got to watch cheese intake.
I don't know what your dessert is, but usually until I get going I only do sugar-free jello for that sweet snack craving.

Drink a lot of water and hang in there! It will go!
ladywyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

another good sweet craving desserty thing...
NSA Fudgecicles.

They did not affect my weightloss at ALL
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

ok, like with all things, it all boils down to calories in vs. calories out. the reason why cheeses and fats are limited on this plan is because they are calorie heavy. if you follow the plan exactly, and your portions are reasonable, calories in shouldn't be such a big deal. it looks like while your typical day is filled with on plan foods, it includes a lot of the calorie dense foods which might lead to slower weight loss.

I know it isn't called for on SB, but try watching your calories for a few days. It might surprise you just how much the cheese and double portions adds up.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #6  

Hi and thanks all! That is some good advice. I will decrease the cheese and the portion sizes! Also it is nice to hear that we are not alone! Thank you all.

Any more ideas and tips are welcome.

I also did some search on eggs and found that they can make you bloated so I might try and use some egg substitute instead.

Thanks again!

Daisy
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2

Hi Daisy, i just started the SBD and am on day 3.
What wanting to see how your doing? Have you lost weight after cutting down on cheese and portion sizes?
cassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #8  

Hello

Yes I am doing great now. I think cutting down on cheese and portions did the trick. Now it feels so normal to eat smaller portions and we feel really full.

We both have lost as well now. It got better during the 2nd week. I am not sure how much I lost but my boyfriend lost about 9lbs.

All the best with diet! I think it is the best thing I could have done. I feel great energised and slimmer!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Daisy, you didn't have a lot to lose so hence the slow weigh loss, lol.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #10  

you know what girls are like..never happy with what they have

It just happened that over the past years I have put on about 40lbs and just wasn't happy with that. I am 30 now and I want to have a womanly figure so I don't want to be as skinny as I used to be but I still want to lose and feel comfortable in my body again....