View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #7

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the informed advice given above. I'm a newbie to Atkins (Day 66 or so), and this site is a treasure trove of information.

Just as an FYI, I switched from Weight Watchers to Atkins, mainly because I found that I was always hungry on Weight Watchers due to the low-fat nature of the plan (WW has worked for me in the past, but I must be changing, because it just isn't for me anymore). So far, Atkins has worked really well for me. My losses are slower on Atkins than on WW, mainly because I'm consuming more calories on the plan than I was on WW (on WW, I think I was under 1500 a day, which is too low, really). This slower rate of loss isn't bad, though, because I think that the weight loss will be more sustainable in the end.

Definitely read the book that Jersey Girl recommended. It will answer your questions, and it will help you to respond to those who criticize you when you tell that that you're doing Atkins.

I'm very happy that I decided to explore this WOE. I never would have thought that it was "for me," but it seems that it is!
My blog:

SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote