Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:16 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #304

WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!
Old 03-23-2003, 08:24 PM   #2  

Okay... I am going to have to go take a COLD shower before I can post anymore.
The last thread was just more than an old lady can take at one time....
...And I had to take it about 15 times. !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-23-2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:41 PM   #3  

Hi there again....just wanted to post on this thread so I would get my e-mail notifications. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Huggers,
Sandy
Old 03-24-2003, 12:39 AM   #4  

Baylee.... you put me to shame.
You are one determined and active woman.
You are my present HERO !!!!

I am embarrassed to say that I did absolutely NOTHING all day.
I did not even get dressed until 1pm.
Went for a Sunday afternoon drive with hubby and out for dinner.
Came home and watched the academy awards.
Like I said... I did absolutely nothing.

Okay... I did do ONE thing. ...... I stayed on my food program.
But.... so did Baylee.... so that does not give me any brownie points.
BUT I am PROUD just the same.
Good night all. Sleep tight.
I am looking forward to hearing about Thins mystery dinner weekend and Tina's dream weekend.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:03 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

HELPPPP!! I HAVE BEEN EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:50 AM   #6  

If that ad pops up in my face again .

2cute, we all need a day off sometimes. I love the days where you realize you havn't done a thing all day . They sure seem far and few in between.

Michelle, okay talk to yourself!!! Thats what I do. I say "do you really want this? Is it gonna make you feel better?" Most times this works for me and I can talk myself out of eatting. Yesterday my dear son wanted to go to Walmart to spend his bday money. Well he has been asking since his bday (March 8) so finally I said get in the car. Our closest Walmart is 40 minutes away. Well it was 12:30 when we left and I had not had lunch yet and only had toast w/ jam for breakfast. Now I had to pass 1 Burger King, 1 McDonalds, and about 3 chinese places<~my fav. Well I made it by them all to the store and back from the store. I did stop and get gas and picked up some 98%FF beef jerkey to tide me over. The bag had 2 servings and I did eat both for a total of 4 pts, but although this was not the best choice it was better than one of the fast food places.
Anyway, we are here for you, just pop on in an type away.....

My cold dosn't seem to be as bad in the chest but I'm coughing my head off. I was up like 5 times in the night and still this morning it is hack hack hack. I hate colds!!!

Gotta go get my butt in gear for work.

Huggers to all,
Sandy
Old 03-24-2003, 07:14 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Good morming all Have a good day
Old 03-24-2003, 07:48 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Good morning, chickies...

Last night as I was getting into bed for my PRE-WORK nap, I put the TV on...I FORGOT IT WAS OSCAR NIGHT! There went my nap time! i watched right up through the "Best Actress," and decided I'd better get to work, it was already after 11:00! Good thing work place is only about 3 miles away. My daugjter and I watched and had to start a list of all the monies we need to see...the only one of the "Best Picture" nominees that I've seen is The Lord of the Rings...I'd bettter get crackin'!

Michelle: DROP THE FORK AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! Come on, girlfriend...stop the binge right now, don't wait! We are all here for you! We've all been there. You CAN do this! {{{HUG}}}

Hi to everone else...I have to go roust my son out of bed, so I can get him off to school and swan dive into my bed! I am in dire need of beauty rest!!

I'll be back later.

PS...Sara, where the heck ARE you?
Old 03-24-2003, 08:23 AM   #9  

Hey, ladies!

It s beautiful and sunny this am and I have no clue whether dd is coming over to scrapbook. I want to get into the garage and get started and so don't want to shower until I know one way or another.

2cute: I thought you would appreciate our Naval Service! The only guys I ever saw that looked like that were the pilots I used to work with for Cub Scouts! Course, there is nothing like 5000 men coming home from sea standing around the edge of the ship at parade rest in their dress whites either! I got to see that several times!

Man, I am still having some trouble getting over this stuff I had. I am feeling pretty good today, so I hope that is the last of it.

Hope everyone has a good day today, stays OP and gets in their exercise!

Donna
Old 03-24-2003, 10:47 AM   #10  

\\\\\\\\\\My computer is going CRAZY !!!
I is like it is possessed or something.
I cannot control the cursor at it just takes off on its own all the time.
SOoooo I may be losing my ability to type.

Plus... today I am headed out of town for two days.
I will check back with all of you when I get home... if I can.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Honeys, I'm home! And wow what a wonderful time we had. As a matter of fact, we can't remember having so much fun! It was just soooo cool. I'll try to explain some of it. And I'll try to be short and sweet. It took us two hours to fill the boys in on our weekend when we got home yesterday.

This resort is in the middle of nowhere in the upper part of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. (are you guys good on geography? You know we have two parts to Michigan, right?) The resort is not very big, just 3 buildings that kind of look like apartments that held all of the guests' rooms.

The event started on Friday night with a dessert reception in the "Loft". The theme for the weekend was American Idol and we were all invited to the Loft on the premise that it was the American Idol auditions and that we were all 'discovered' along the way and at random would be able to audition. (don't worry girls, the characters were already set and THEY were the ones that were picked at random to do the auditioning. I didn't really have to sing! ) Anyway, we went through the initial "setting of the stage" if you will and as it turned out, one of the judges had been found dead in her room before the auditions.

Our goal for the weekend was to find the murderer(s) for each killing, the accomplice(s), and then list all of the relevant clues that you found to support each of your suspicions. Everything you listed was worth points toward the prize, but if you got the murderer(s) wrong, you didn't get any points for that particular victim.

Once the 'stage was set' we were all set loose on searching the suspects' (read all the contestants and one other judge) rooms. The suspects each had rooms in the resort and they were available in their rooms for each of the teams of sleuths to visit, question, and search their rooms.

So off we went with the team we had been hooked up with and started searching the rooms. (well, we had no clue as to what exactly to do at this point so we searched very superficiously (peaking gingerly behind stuff, lifting a piece of paper here and there). This continued until 11:00 at night. Then our team went back to our room to try and make some sense out of what we had seen and try to be more organized for the next morning.

Saturday morning breakfast was from 7:30 - 8:30 in the morning. Then up to the Loft to for the story to continue. Once we left there, it was time to search rooms for clues again and when we reached one girl's room, we found that she was now murdered too.

We continued to search rooms until 11:30 when a time out was called so that everyone could get some lunch and regroup. (during this search, we weren't so dainty. We tore sofa cushions off, went in the refrigerator, dug through coolers) We were told that every time there was a new 'searching session' that new clues could appear and that something else might happen. From 3:30-4:15 we had another session before jumping on horse drawn wagons for a wagon ride through an Elk ranch to see the Elk and to arrive at a remote cabin for our gourmet dinner.

The ride was very nice, although very cold. We saw lots of Elk and they stopped the wagons so we could get off and take pictures. We were told alot of great information about Elk and the way the ranch is run, how their antlers grow new every year and fall off every year. It was very educational.

When we got to the cabin, a couple of the staff brought an Elk antler around to each table and let us hold it up. It's amazing. They weigh like 20-30 pounds and you figure an Elk has two of them that he's holding up all the time. I would definately has a constant stiff neck.

We had time outs and time ins for the game throughout dinner. We got to hear a history of how the resort and Elk ranch were started. The whole place is run by a man and his wife, her daughter and the daughter's husband. They are all wonderful people, genuinely interested in their guests having a great time, and educating them besides. It was just GREAT!~

Anyway, back to the game. During dinner there was another murder. We hopped back on the wagons and went back to the resort to search rooms once again. When we got to one of the girl's rooms, she had been murdered at the cabin, last minute before the wagons had left. So now we had 4 murders to solve. The room searches went on until 10:30. (this time there were no holds barred. We tore stoves apart, turned mattresses over, searched in murphy beds. You name it, we tore it apart.)

All night Friday and all day and night Saturday we were taking notes, searching rooms again and again and meeting to compile and compare notes with the team. Then at 10:30 Saturday night the game was over and we had one hour to turn in our sheets with the answers. So we went back to our room with the team and compiled everything we knew (and surmised). Then ran to the Loft to turn the sheet in by 11:30 PM.

Sunday morning, breakfast was between 7:30-8:30 again with the wrap up in the Loft at 9:00.

We really did not think we did all that well. We thought we had 3 murderers correct. We only found 2 of the murder weapons. We weren't sure about accomplices, and we wrote down as many clues as we could think of that we found to support each of our theories.

The wrap up included the introduction of all the characters. And as it turns out, the majority of the characters had all been on the sleuth side of things a couple of times and then volunteered to be characters, and the others were staff and friends.

The wrap up also included the whole story being told. The daughter writes all of the murder mysteries that are done at the resort, so she told the story and made all of the pieces fit together, showing all of the relevant clues and telling where they were all hidden.

Anyway, long story short (I know, too late!); we won 3rd place out of nine teams! WooHoo! We were just thrilled!

The weekend was not what we expected. Although we're not sure what we expected, just that this wasn't it. But we had the grandest time. It was not romantic, there was no quiet time. By the time we finished searching rooms each night it was so late, and we were so blasted tired that we crashed because we had to get up at the crack of dawn to start all over again the next day. But we still had a GREAT time!

Ok, now that I've written a whole page, let's see if I lose it when I hit post. If so, I won't be back, it took too long to write.

I have not had a chance to read what I missed so I hope you will forgive me for not replying to anyone. I will have to catch that up later.

Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-24-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:39 PM   #12  

OOOOhhhh Thin, I wish we had gone. We have always wanted to go on a Mystery Weekend. My husband is a nut and wants to dress up like you know who (SH) but I refuse to be his fat dr friend Watson! Thanks for sharing. As I know a lot about Mich, just where was it close to? We might have to check it out. South Bend has them sometimes too. The last one was at one of the old mansions there.

Well, got the garage in tip top shape. Now all there is to do is drag all the stuff to the trash Thurs night and then move the clunker into its slot so we can park the good car in the garage now. It was a pretty dirty job, but I feel great now that it is done. I also got my bills paid this pm and my house is cleaned so I am done for today except my mall walk and folding my load of clothes for today.

I need to get downstairs and do that so I had better skedaddle.

Donna
Old 03-24-2003, 04:30 PM   #13  

Well hello everyone!
I just spent half and hour reading all the other posts, I was still back on 302. Now I have to play catch up. So here goes.

First of all I had a great weekend, stayed OP and even got a walk in. I didn't however go to our festival, turns out the kids didn't even have any art in it, they have every other year, guess they can have this year off. But I did end up doing some major spring cleaning. I cleaned the motor home to prepare for first camping weekend of the season. I can't wait. During the winter and on off throughout the year we let company or the kids sleep in the motor home so it has a tendency to get trashed. But I cleaned it and am ready to stock it. And then we did some outside pruning and backyard burning. Just got a lot of home stuff taken care of and it felt great. Also got the hubby time in. Am very happy bout that.

2cute: That story was very inspiring, if she can do it, so can I.

Donna: Cute grandson. I'll bet he keeps you busy and happy.

Mary: I am very pleased to hear your brother is doing fine. I have brother who has threatened his life many times, thank goodness he has never followed through. I hate depression.

I walked yesterday and am going to go for a bike ride today. As soon as I get off here. It is such a gorgeoous day outside. And kids are home for spring break so they will nag me to get out and do something, darn kids anyway.

Lets bring our troops home with a warm welcome and let them know we support them even if we don't agree with war. The troops are just doing their jobs and so is Bush. Ya War sucks but sometimes you do what ya gotta do. There is so much protest right now, our guys need to know that they are doing the right thing. Did anyone see the awards last night, when the one guy, who got the award for documentary about colombine, went up there and bashed Bush and put down the war and was so unsupportive? That was not cool. OK I am done now.

Hope everyones week is a good one! I plan on having a great week. I am going to suck in some sunshine.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #14  

Thin,
I am so glad you had such a nice time!!! Sounds like fun. I bet my hubby would like to do something like that, but can guarantee he would want a big N tasty is he was paying for a weekend away, wouldnt even have to be romantic, just a quick one he would say. Something about a man paying to sleep somewhere other than his own bed? OH men, can't live with em or without em.

Donna, glad you got your garage done and in order. Bet hubby is taking half the credit???

Now we need an update from Tina.

Huggers,
Sandy
Old 03-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Boy you gals get talkative over the weekend. I just finished reading all the posts. I had to read 302, 303, and the posts in 304. My weekends are so busy I don't get a chance to get on the computer. And today was such a nice day, I was outside. I walked to pick my son up from school and even left a 1/2 hour earlier so I could get a longer walk in. Then we had lunch and went outside and played hockey, and baseball. We were outside for 4 hours straight. Probably would've been out longer, but I had to get ready for work. So, I am worn out now. Off to bed, check back tomorrow.
Steph
Closed Thread