South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey, Wakey Wednesday!

My wakey-wakey was 3 a.m. which does not please me. I need to take my brain out at night and let it burble away in a jar of formaldehyde on the dresser.

More coffee needed, Back in a minute.

.................................................. .....................................

Yesterday was an "at home" day aside from dropping off paperwork at the Mill. It was too darned cold to do any outside work although I did sweep leaves off the back deck. That should help keep the house more leaf-free. The dogs keep bringing them in stuck to their coats. I did get the Halloween stuff down and brought in but 27ºF was just too nippy for my old bones. Of course, wearing a hat and gloves would help! Duh.

Need to do a bit of a road trip to town today for boring stuff - a new mop and some Magic Erasers is not a thrilling list. I'll pick up a trophy that needs engraving and pop in to a bazaar and tea to make the trip more worthwhile. I have Hort. Society tonight and am being pressured to go back on the Board. The answer is NO!

So what's happening on your Wednesday? Wonderful? Wild? Wishful? Wobbly? WTF?

Do tell.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning Ruth. Brrr, I wouldn't be able to handle that cold either, it was in the 50s here,a nd that was cold to me.

I am working on some writing, some on my Young Adult project (story/ novel, whatever you wanna call it) I hope to actually start yhe scrapbooks (like I didn't do the other day) Then after I pick my kids up, we are going to see my grandparents (my grandfather is ailing ) I don't visit them nearly enough. I can't wait to see them

I am hoping to eat well today. I worked out this morning (core0 and am getting ready for my 3x weekly walk with my neighbor.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth. I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping. I hope you'll be able to sneak a power nap in sometime today. Good luck at your meeting tonight, don't let them talk you into anything you don't want to do!

Hi Beloved, it sounds like you've got a really nice day planned. How blessed you are to still have your grandparents! Enjoy your walk this morning - I wish I was going with you.

I hopped out of bed and turned on the TV to find out who the new governor of Maine will be - but we still don't know. No results on the referendum I'm most concerned about either. Now I'm wondering why I got out of bed so early.... oh right, I have to go to work.

Hooping with my friend went wonderfully yesterday. A 3rd friend joined us for a while, too. We cranked up the music, visited while we spun the hoops and had a great time. We went strong for 45 minutes - the time flew. We're going to try to get together every Tuesday.

Wednesdays always come around so quickly - probably because I dread them. I start out with before school meetings, have no break during the day (well other than my 20 min. lunch) and end the day with a meeting. Then I rush home to change my clothes and grab supper before I turn around and drive back to town for youth group. It's always hard to fit my Weds. exercise in. I did some free step with the wii fit plus this morning, just in case I come home from youth group ready to crash for the night.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-03-2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: I went crazy with smileys this morning - had to cut some out!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Chickies!

I have to rush through my morning coffee so I'll have time to stop by my mother's to wish her a happy birthday. She's 80 years old today!

Ruth, brrrrrrr, 27* is cold! I hope we don't see daytime temps like that until mid-January, if even then! Don't you just love those Magic Erasers? They really do work like magic. Stay strong at the meeting tonight and stick to your resolve NOT to get on the board again!

Beloved, I'm in awe of you for getting up so early to get your workout done! Have a great OP day. BTW, did your pictures survive the water spill?

Heidi, kudos to another early morning exerciser! I'm glad your hooping with friends ended up being so much fun. I'm waiting on a Zumba wii CD to come that I pre-ordered, and I'm looking forward to getting started with it. I love to dance so it should be fun. I hope your busy day goes quickly!

It's another cold morning here, but at least it's been warming up by afternoon to make it pleasant. We had a great time enjoying the outdoors yesterday. I just love it when the girls have off school.
Well, I'd better get going if I want to have coffee with Mom. I still have to fix Jake's supper before I leave.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Late to bed and early to rise. Luckily I picked up a box of Via so at least I'm not dependent on hotel coffee. It's a busy day - off to early breakfast than need to get DW across the state for her class. After that I'm off to the zombie job for the rest of the day. Take-out tonight, pack and off to my parents in the morning but not until after I present at a 7:45 am mtg Those 3 days at my parents are going to be such a relief!

No time for personals now but I'll try to get back later. Have a good hump day friends
Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a good day, Cyndi! You'll surely need time for relaxing with your parents after your busy week!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Linda, a zumba wii cd?

Does it have the little footsteps like the wii fit step programs have? Either way it sounds like fun. What's it called? (I guess I could just google ) I'm so glad you mentioned it, though.

Happy birthday to your mother! I hope she has a wonderful day and a wonderful year.

Have a good day, Cyndi. You've been putting the Energizer Bunny to shame lately, I'm so glad you'll have that visit with your folks to recharge a little!

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-03-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. I just got home from the gym and am getting ready to hit the hay. I've got a friend going into surgery in about 5 minutes for his knee, so I've been texting him wishing him well. I need to set a reminder on my phone to text him later and ask him how he's doing. Did some grocery shopping last night and caught some really good sales. I only spent $61.41 and I got 4 packages of split chicken breasts, 10 cans of Campbells Select Harvest Soup, 6 cans of chili beans, 2 cans of black beans, 4 cans of stewed tomatoes, onions, popcorn kernels, 2 boxes of propel drink mix (knock-off brand, LOL), 5 packages of neufchatel cheese, a box of triscuits, and 2 (TWO!!!) bottles of wine. And the best part is that I'll get at least 15 meals out of that, LOL!!!

Ruth - Eeek...3 AM!?!?!? YUCK!!! Maybe something nice to relax you before bed would help...a nice mug of chamomile tea or some light yoga??? I used to listen to classical music when I had trouble falling asleep. Luckily I got a college roommate who liked to do the same, LOL Stick to your guns at your meeting...don't let them pull you back into it!!! My mom is on the reunion committee for her class and last year was supposed to be her "last year." Well, she got voted in as secretary, against her will, and ended up staying on. Now this year is supposedly her "last year" again. We shall see.

Beloved - Good luck w/ your writing. Hope your grandfather feels better soon!!! Heidi is right...what blessing to still have your grandparents!!!

Heidi - Hope you'll found out some results for the governor's race soon. I was talking to a friend on facebook last night and we were biting our nails over the race for District Attorney. Initially there was only a 62 vote gap between them...even when he signed off it was only up to 145 votes. Glad you had fun hooping w/ your friends yesterday...that sounds like fun!!!

Cottage - Happy Birthday to your mom!!! My niece will turn 16 tomorrow. EEK!!! Wii Zumba sounds like fun. I keep seeing the commercials for "Just Dance" on Wii and I want it...but since I don't have a Wii I guess that would be pointless, huh??? LOL

Cyndi - Yuck for presentations!!! Then again, I hate speaking in public (I even hate doing our shift briefing and there's only 8 of us on our shift!!!). Have a great visit w/ your parents!!!

As for me, I'm about to go to bed. I'll get up around 1430 hrs to head to the gym and then it'll be time to get ready for work. Just 2 more days of work and then it's off to SC for the weekend. I'm going to talk to my Sergeant tonight and see if there's ANY way possible I can leave at 0100 hrs Thursday night/Friday morning so I can get home and pack and hopefully get a couple hours sleep. Maybe he'll agree since we're only required to keep 7 dispatchers on the floor after midnight.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ouch, Ruth! Sorry about early morning wake ups....I didin't hear the pups mentioned. Have a great day....all I can say is keep repeating NO NO NO NO

BelovedK, enjoy your projects, eating OP and your walk with your neighbor.

Heidi, your hooping party sounded fun!

Linda, happy birthday to your Mom!

Cyndi, geez a 745 meeting. We always bring our own coffee source. Safe driving!

Natasha, best wishes to your friend with his surgery. What a great shopping trip. That food would get us a long way! I'm amazed that you have so many dispatchers!

Me, up too late. Pups are outside wanting in. I have a meeting at 1 and am taking my friend who can't drive since surgery to an appointment. In between, I have lots of chores to keep me busy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lex and Natasha, yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking with 5:10 Zumba. I'm anxious to hear how many people were there. I do 8:00 Zumba on Saturdays once in awhile and THAT is early. It is refreshing, though!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm having a great day so far in spite of a fitful sleep. I was able to wake up early enough to brown some ribs in the oven, throw them in the crock pot for dinner, put away a load of laundry, eat a healthy egg & turkey bacon breakfast, and wash all the morning dishes before work. Any time I'm able to eat breakfast before work is a huge accomplishment for me. Usually it's oatmeal or cold cereal with nuked turkey bacon at my desk. I'd much rather have hot, scrambled eggs!

I got a TON done yesterday including taking down all the Halloween decor and putting out the Thanksgiving stuff. The house is sparkling clean and I got the grocery shopping done for the month (besides the occasional trip for veggies, eggs, milk, etc.) Today's agenda just includes Zumba and washing the dishes after dinner. I think I'll get back into my book after that. (Green, by Ted Dekker).

Well, I was hoping to do personals, but a stack of deeds just landed on my desk. I'll try to get back later!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #12  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good morning everyone. Not too much time to visit this morning as I'm going into town to have the oil changed in my car and instead of just sitting there waiting, I plan on walking the whole time they are working on it. Yea for me! I also plan on looking for a walking dvd to use during the rainy days.

Ruth, I'm having a heck of a time getting to sleep lately. I'm with you, just can't seem to turn off the brain. Gosh, and I thought it was getting cooler here. No complaints now after hearing your temp.

Beloved, Hope your Grampa gets better. Three of my Grandparents had passed before I was even born and I only got to see the other one once before he was gone so I have always felt left out not having that close relationship with them.

Natasha, you're getting so close to your vacation. I just know with all you've planned your going to have a great time. Good shopping girl!

Well, I'm off to town, hope you all have a great Wednesday.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy B-day to Linda's Mom.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #14  

Height: 5ft

Good morning ladies, I'm new here in SB but I hope to get to know all of you.

trying to get a ticker but no luck need 25 posts

I have been On phase two for one week and I have lost 6 lbs so far. I feel great too.

Is there a new thread for each day? How do I find my way back in here.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #15  
SouthBeacher Phase 2

S/C/G: 315/297.6/175

Height: 5'10"

Yay for you Southern Judy, 6 pounds is awesome!

Checking in...I've been on this for a month now and I am close to losing 20 pounds. I'm on Phase 1.5 Totally scared to commit completely to Phase 2. Policing myself is how I gained 150 pounds, so I'm feeling a titch aprehensive about it going there again.

Weekends are still really difficult for me. I can control my environment so much better when I am at work, but weekends around my family is so much more difficult. My kids did really well for the first month, but last night they revolted at another salad for dinner.

Today is going good. Had my faker McGriddle this morning, a snack of Apple dipped in natural Peanut Butter, Salad with Beef Fajita on top.

Found a new Salad dressing by Marie. It is Marie's Yogurt Dressing. Parmesan Caesar, 5g Fat, 2g Carbs, 50 Cal. Tastes pretty yummy in comparison to most Caesars. They also had a Ranch dressing I'm going to try next...maybe I'll even try to make my own Ranch with Greek Yogurt...hmm anyone tried that?

Last night I made me a little parfait for dessert, kids were eating Halloween candy and I was feeling that urge kick in a bit, so I used a little whipping cream and whipped it with some Kahlua flavored SF coffee syrup and a little Powdered Cocoa...YUMMO! I know..definately a once in a GREAT while treat, but I felt like I had a few bites of decadence.

Okay...lunch is over. Make it a great day ladies!
Closed Thread