Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default One year til goal. Post-it reminders.

So I did the math. If I lose just three pounds a month starting in December (assuming I get back to 175 this month, which I will!) I will not only make my goal, I will get to 140.

140 pounds!!!

And all I have to do is lose three pounds. Then three more pounds. Then...well, you get the idea. Now the inner little brat inside me is crossing her arms, stomping her foot, and saying "but a year is soooooooo looooong." But the adult in me knows that is not true. These last three years have FLOWN by, not to mention this past 6 months. (*blink* Wait, wasn't yesterday June?)

A year will go by fast, and three pounds a month is totally stick-to-able. But to make sure that inner brat doesn't get to me with her whining, I took a bunch of mini post-its and wrote "If you lost three pounds a month for a year you'd weigh 140lbs" and stuck them in strategic spots. On top of the box of chocolates in the fridge, on the center shelf in the cupboard so I see it every time I open it, etc.

On plan for a year. I can do it. I WILL do it!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  
pleasantly plump from '82

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'9

Yay!! That's a realistic and great goal. I try to do the same with the notes to myself but it never works becasue i tune them out. Maybe have someone else in the house put up the post-its so that you never know where you'll find one.

Good Luck!
sal27253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

That is very realistic! I have that little brat in me too. She bugs me HAHA
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #4  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Awesome plan! You can always put your brat on a time out and do some squats or something to show her who's boss! hehehe
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Well, I just HAD to jump in on this one, especially given the title! LOL!

This has been my goal for a year! The major secret to my success has been that one year ago (in nine more days) I decided that I wanted to see how much weight I could lose if I just stuck to plan for one year, not matter what. And I have done it! And I can honestly look back and say, yep, I'm so glad I started a year ago! And yes, the year really does go by fast, in retrospect of course. I can not believe it's been a year.

So here's to hearing how your year ends up a year from now! Who knows? Maybe by this time next year you'll have maintaining a few months?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

The little brat! Haha I love it. It's so true, but sounds like a great plan! Keep that motivation!!
molldoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #7  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
Now the inner little brat inside me is crossing her arms, stomping her foot, and saying "but a year is soooooooo looooong." But the adult in me knows that is not true. These last three years have FLOWN by, not to mention this past 6 months. (*blink* Wait, wasn't yesterday June?)
This realization has been a key for me. I do not make time-based goals for myself because, for me, they are a recipe for procrastination. But still, remembering how quickly a year goes by helps me to not be in a hurry about my weightloss. I have been at it for over a year already - maybe 14 months. I'm okay with it taking that long (or maybe even longer) for me to reach my ultimate goal (whatever that is!) in part because of how quickly a year goes by.

Good luck and good strength to reach your goal.

Last edited by carter; 11-01-2010 at 03:43 PM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote